Thanks I too am resigned to not changing anyone's mind on any issue on a forum now I think. I am sure I would have much more in common with some posters than others but would get along fine in person. Even with someone like Smash I think I have more common ground than points of diametric opposition. I am not sure the dichotomy you present is a real one though. Trump for all his detractors is the president of the most powerful country on earth and yet abuses that free speech in the personal rubbish spats he indulges in on social media. I don't think Trump is the antichrist nor Tommy, It does not really keep me awake at night. I see them as part of a continuation of hucksters and con men and wide boys, like many of the politicians and celebs, etc that went before them. Mcinnes is certainly part of that tradition and Peterson is playing the same game. It does not mean they can not make valid points, but I do not put them on a pedestal and close my eyes to the over riding nihilst and destructive message that they preach and it is a rhetoric.

I have been surrounded by people wearing anti-facist and anti-racist badges and living by those standards since the 1970's. It is not a new thing for me or a huge part of the western population. Now people feel free to boast about their bigotry and not even try to hide the lies they will tell to demonize others it is actually extremely helpful. The kind of blind loyalty to dogma I think you see in the new wave of American far left groups is exactly the same found here in this thread and preached by Tommy. Look how Tommy running for election to the EU is not commented on by those who preached that the EU is a dictatorship. The same with Farage a man lining his pockets in a disgustingly blatant and dishonest way with the expense accounts he railed against.