Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Everyone seems to be sleeping on how Ruiz made AJ move back and to his left by beginning every exchange with the hook and pursuing. AJ does not like to move this way. His victory wasn’t an accident and it wasn’t just hand speed. Ring generalship was the largest factor. AJ is the better fighter, he would win against more opponents. But beating Ruiz will be tough. AJ has to figure out how to make it his fight, Ruiz knows how to make it his, it’s no small ask.
Using AJ's fans POV, AJ is a credible boxer and has shown Ring generalship with dare I say better boxers than Ruiz & had more power than him.

I look at it as a puzzling issue, not a definitive one.

A rematch will tell if you're right as I have no position yet since I've never watched any of Ruiz previous fights other than Parker.

But I will go against the grain and think it might not be a tough fight next time out. We do know for a fact that AJ said yes to continue. Be it lackadaisical or not.
And we know for a fact the shots he took were head shots as I've stated since the night of the fight and not a shot he took on the chin.

As Atlas stated the next week, shots to the chin can put out your lights but to the top of the head and behind the ears can make you punch drunk.
I think that may have played more into losing than Ruiz having better ring generalship. IMO.