Paul Williams kept my respect after his first loss

Admired both Quintana & Williams when they fought, but was blown away at how Carlos didn't run, traded when he had to, got underneath shots and kinda schooled Paul Williams.

It seemed Williams was outed or exposed. For some reason his loss didn't come across as the end and proved it in the rematch, by just taking the fight to Carlos and blasted him up off his feet in the air to the canvas.

William questionable win over Martinez didn't phase me, I figured he was the bring it kind of guy who had certain styles that he couldn't overcome. Martinez was that guy who did to Paul, what Paul did to Carlos, rematch with an explosive KO.

As a kid, when I heard the next day that Ray Leonard lost the belt he just won to some guy named Duran who had been fighting since before I was born, I remember a lot of adults, couldn't wait for the rematch. it was as if tey didn't think Ray was exposed, rather he lost and could adjust next time out. And he did.
Ray lost his title in his 2nd defense, but went on to become one of the best fighters of his era. Some say an ATG.