Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  85
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Netflix is releasing 43 new shows this month. They really need to work now with Apple and Disney coming. i think that 43 is movies and shows. Netflix is making their own game of thrones type thingy. It’s funny, Netflix started with two guys trying to figure out if DVD’s could make it through the mail. By the way Apple officially releases today.

I don’t like the binging thing, I got sucked into it with a couple shows but I literally felt like I had a hangover at the end.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to love the postal DVD services. It started to become more about how quickly you could get the fuckers ripped and sent back to get some more, rather than actually watching anything.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I forgot about Power. Am on the last series of that now but its run its course. Hope this is the last.

Watching series on terrestrial TV now and having to wait a week is a proper ball ache. Can't see that lasting another 12 months
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Boy - watched it over the past couple of weeks, liked it because of where it was set, however, found it hard to have sympathy with the characters, especially season 3. I hated everyone apart from Sully. And I don't want to make a political point but it's not a coincidence that season 3, after a decade gap in this current climate, portrays all the black single mothers as angels, the drug dealer loving dads/guardians as "hustling a living" whilst white people are to blame for everything and untrustworthy devils (even the poor skagheads were wronguns).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Boy - watched it over the past couple of weeks, liked it because of where it was set (London shithole council estates), however, found it hard to have sympathy with the characters, especially season 3. I hated everyone apart from Sully (and the genuine innocent). And I don't want to make a political point but it's not a coincidence that season 3, after a decade gap in this current climate, portrays all the black single mothers as angels, the drug dealer loving dads/guardians as "hustling a living" whilst white people are to blame for everything and untrustworthy devils (even the poor skagheads were wronguns). And all whites outside London are racist as hell. Good stuff though.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-14-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Top Boy - watched it over the past couple of weeks, liked it because of where it was set (London shithole council estates), however, found it hard to have sympathy with the characters, especially season 3. I hated everyone apart from Sully (and the genuine innocent). And I don't want to make a political point but it's not a coincidence that season 3, after a decade gap in this current climate, portrays all the black single mothers as angels, the drug dealer loving dads/guardians as "hustling a living" whilst white people are to blame for everything and untrustworthy devils (even the poor skagheads were wronguns). And all whites outside London are racist as hell. Good stuff though.

A lot of whites outside London are racist as hell. I know I live amongst them (:

No Asian racists though. Not just in Britain. Nowhere in the world are there any racists Asians. I have it on good authority from ...................

A non-racist white man man
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

A lot of whites outside London are racist as hell. I know I live amongst them (:

No Asian racists though. Not just in Britain. Nowhere in the world are there any racists Asians. I have it on good authority from ...................

A non-racist white man man
    I can assure you Asian people of all description (not just Bruce Lee) are the most racist towards black people i've ever come across. And yes there's lots of white racists in London too... they're called East Europeans... and geriatrics.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God father of Harlem has been great.

Animal Kingdom... fucking wicked. Its based very lightly on an old matriarch bitch we get to see occasionally and hear a lot about (Kath Pettingill. They should make a true one about the Petingill crime family out here,her eldest son was literally the right hand man of the devil himself.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Birthday movies? Boxing day too.

I watched One Step Beyond, from season 1 called "The Navigator" (release date April 14th 1959)

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched most of that lost is space season 2 on Netflix. It’s corny and campy but for some reason you can get into it. Every time I see the robot protecting the kid saying “danger will Robinson” I think of me protecting miles. Miles had done so much for all of us, we are all indebted to him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A subtle swipe. Yes Miles has indeed. And stuck out his neck.

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Started watching the Witcher on Netflix and is based on the PS4 game.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Staircase on Netflix https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388644/

Ex army dude goes on trial for murdering his wife. He says she fell on the stairs. Later surfaces that another woman acquaintance of ex army dude also died in similar circumstances and he's also a closet bisexual. I love a bit of courtroom drama and loved this from start to finish despite not liking the ex army dude too much.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Started Ozark on Netflix Sunday seems decent 1 ep in. Into 'Jack Ryan' which surprises me as I didn't see that Jim Halpert fella capable of pulling of some action series. He's basically the same dead pan dude just more violent and proficient in weaponry.

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching Office, comparing British and US version, and ours is a lot funnier.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information