Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default judah: mayweather predictions

www.doghouseboxing.com

Baldomir and wasn't the same fighter the rest of the fight. If Judah plans to just get through this fight then he may just be able to do that by using his legs...while losing a very wide UD. If Judah puts everything together and battles back like he did against Spinks in the second fight this could be a fight to remember. With all that though, I think Mayweather wins a closer then expected UD to further solidify his spot as the number 1-pound for pound fighter in the world.

Coyote Duran: This fight could go one of two ways. It could be a 12-round safety-first go-round where few chances are taken and Floyd Mayweather Jr. coasts to a decision win. But I'd like to think Saturday's pay-per-view audience will see something a little different in our dear competitors. This being Floyd Mayweather Jr. showing Zab Judah how to lose. Again. Not by one punch that knocks you down twice or by a shoestring decision win. Look for Mayweather to dictate the pace, forcing Judah to counter out of desperation, opening himself up to 'Pretty Boy's’ pinpoint, at-will shots. The ref pulls the plug on 'Super' in Round 9 and Floyd goes on to plot his next move in the welterweight division.

Gabriel Montoya: What I wouldn't do for a crystal ball. When you look at this fight, everything points to Mayweather dominating. The general consensus is that Judah is the fastest fighter Floyd has faced with the most power. But if you look at the way both fighters punch (Mayweather straight and accurate, Judah wide seeping power shots) you have to agree that Mayweather's shots will most likely land quicker shooting straight down the pipe. Floyd has been dominant in every weight class he has entered BUT he has yet to face an elite or top-level fighter in his last two weight classes. This makes for a big question mark in my book. How will PBF handle true welterweight power? Will Judah be able to effectively take the fight to him early? Will Zab be able to maintain focus throughout? And most importantly: What will happen if Zab lands his best shot and nothing happens? PBF can use a Plan A, B, and C if he so chooses. It is hard to see Zab doing more than what he did against Spinks in the rematch. I don't think that will be enough. That all said, I still have this feeling that Zab Judah, his back to the wall like few fighters before him performs at a level we all thought possible for him this Saturday. Will outperforms skill this Saturday and Zab comes out on top in the upset of the year. It is win or go home for Zab and he acts accordingly. Zab by late TKO.

Martin Wade: Frankly, Mayweather's track record over the last three years does not prepare him for the comparable speed and punching power of an inspired Judah. Zab has the experience of several ‘do or die’ bouts (by his own doing) so he knows how to (for whatever reason) bring it. Floyd by comparison hasn’t put himself in that position but his bouts have been little more than exhibitions. This fight will go the distance because it will take Mayweather six rounds to take the air out of the ball and impose his superior ‘PIQ’ on Judah. Floyd’s bodywork will take them steam out of Judah’s will and make him revert to merely trying to hang on. I like Floyd by split decision.

Aaron Imholte: In a year of fighters being exposed as over hyped this fight will be the exception to that rule. No surprises here as Floyd stops Zab in the 8th. Too fast, too smart, too much. Judah's aggression wins him rounds 1 and 2, after that it’s all Floyd.

Gary Pino: I am old school and love guys like Judah, however… I like Mayweather and I like him big here. Mayweather is faster than I thought and will overwhelm Zab Judah.

Benny Henderson Jr.: Zab is powerful, he’s fast, and can give Floyd some trouble, but I have to put my money on PBF. Whatever Judah has in his arsenal, Floyd doubles it.

Anthony Cocks: While this fight has lost some of its lustre after Judah’s shock loss to unheralded Argentinean Carlos Baldomir, I still think that stylistically this is a quality match-up that will produce fireworks and an explosive ending. Judah performs best when his back is against the wall and I expect him to make a statement against Mayweather, fighting with the same composure that he did in his second fight with Cory Spinks. Unfortunately for Judah it won’t be enough. Mayweather survives some rough patches to stay one step ahead of Judah, with the referee stopping the contest in the tenth.

Chee: Zab gets spanked like the child he is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: judah: mayweather predictions

Who are these predicitions from Miles mate?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ah, i didnt think!!!

they are from the writers over at doghouse boxing, a knowledgable bunch...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool,quite a variation in opinions!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i still maintain that PBF wins this....but zab is sure to pose problems, dont be surprised to see PBF get rocked out there....his skill will pull him through though...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I could not care less who wins, I'm more interested about the post fight interview,the winner HAS to face Tony Margarito and has to stop running!! No more excuses!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i want to see PBF win and then take on margarito, whether he will or not is another question....PBF frustrates me sometimes with his choice of opponent....he's all too ready to catch a belt and then just skip up in weight, without ever really cleaning out the division...

im dont know if margarito will beat PBF, need more time to ponder on that one, but lets at least give him his big shot, he's been waiting a long time....

Thread Information