Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Democratic National Convention

I have to say, the whole thing had a kind of SNL feel to it, I dont know what it is exactly.... it just seemed so scripted and stilted, that it doesn't come off very sincere. Just sounded like a lot of platitudes and hollow buzz words, worn-out phrases. The personalities seemed fake, phony, forced, and the highlight I guess was Obama's speech. I guess.

I don't know. Its all so anti-climactic. Just all comes off so awkward and scripted. This is gonna be one helluva 70-odd day period coming up. I can't picture Biden vs Trump in debates, and I sure can't picture Harris vs Pence debating either. Something weird is going to happen. Something very weird, between now and November 3rd. If November 3rd even gets here.

This all looks so very strange. I guess we'll be seeing very shortly.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Democratic National Convention

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I have to say, the whole thing had a kind of SNL feel to it, I dont know what it is exactly.... it just seemed so scripted and stilted, that it doesn't come off very sincere. Just sounded like a lot of platitudes and hollow buzz words, worn-out phrases. The personalities seemed fake, phony, forced, and the highlight I guess was Obama's speech. I guess.

I don't know. Its all so anti-climactic. Just all comes off so awkward and scripted. This is gonna be one helluva 70-odd day period coming up. I can't picture Biden vs Trump in debates, and I sure can't picture Harris vs Pence debating either. Something weird is going to happen. Something very weird, between now and November 3rd. If November 3rd even gets here.

This all looks so very strange. I guess we'll be seeing very shortly.
    Thx for the update, had no desire to wake up to see it. I'm hoping we'll all do a write in of NONE OF THE ABOVE!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched it the night and it was sad. They're trying so hard beat to Trump , but, what they said was desperate attempts to corral the voters.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man is this it? I scanned a few seconds, saw some dude singing in Spanish, an African American actress is narrating this?

I watched a bit on the 1hr:17 minute mark on the farmer talking about Drumpf's trade deal, that seemed legit, but the fact they got an actress (hosting it?) is just...

This election is easy to win, but then again we are talking Democrats.-- reminds me of an episode on Cheers.
    CLiff Calvin is the man on jeopardy know all the answers..

Substitute that for Dems given all the leverage due to a lying self-absorbed bombastic jacktail of a bankrupt sugardaddy bitch of a president ass kissing Putin, lying about love letters from Kim Jung... Seems Democrats got it locked up like Cliff did..
    topics on bar trivia, beer postal mail and celibacy
    last round he has $ 22 thousand to 2nd place $3300 and at the last question he fucked it up and bet it all!!!

My goodness, all that is left is for Biden to refuse to debate him...which would be akin to this dude

El Kabong Guest

It had that telethon feel to it..."If you enjoy the programming on PBS......I mean if you enjoy liberal policies please call now, our operators are standing by"

And the Buffalo Springfield tune.....geez....the 1960's are OVER maaaaaan

Original version

The corrected version

And Elizabeth Warren speaking to the Native American Caucus? Holy tone deaf Batman!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what their agenda is. What can Biden say to Trump? Biden an old white establishment lizard. How can the far left vote for him? Looks a.train wreck

El Kabong Guest

I don't know what their agenda is. What can Biden say to Trump? Biden an old white establishment lizard. How can the far left vote for him? Looks a.train wreck
    I thought the hatred of Trump would be enough for anyone to win against him? I mean that's what HRC counted on yeah?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I thought the hatred of Trump would be enough for anyone to win against him? I mean that's what HRC counted on yeah?
    They need more than hatred of Trump, they need sincere sounding people. Elizabeth Warren popping out her big blue eyes trying to talk tough was embarrassing, and Baracks speech contradicted itself on several points.

Like "Italians were told to go back to their country, but they fought it out...." .... So what the absolute fuck was the point? So if Italians fought it out, is he saying that so should modern immigrants? Why would they need HIM to coach them?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

from the normally left-leaning Yahoo News:

"It's hard to get excited"

Many Americans who have tuned in to Democrats' experiment in socially distanced political theater have come away with similar reactions. They believe that a traditional nominating convention — a boisterous and quirky affair staged for a packed audience of hyped-up political activists — had to be sacrificed for safety and public health. But its replacement — a mashup of homemade videos, slickly produced montages and speeches with no applause — takes some getting used to. "It's hard to get excited about it" is one of the most common reactions people have had to the often scripted-looking and sounding speeches.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking a several hour road trip, I listened to Biden's speech.

I can't rate the convention overall since I didn't see it, but accept general consensus, nothing spectacular. Best of the highlights for me was that fly that stayed on Bloomberg's face. Was the fly insinuating something about his breath?
    I Also accept the general consensus, that Biden's speech was articulate, no bumbling, stuttering, on point. Not sure if I would call it his best, Well again I go to FOX as the example(s).

"Joe Biden just hit a homerun in the bottom of the 9th"
    --FOX News

"He did beat the expectations Donald Jr."
    --FOX news to at 1st happy turned snotty-brat face Donny Jr once when he hears FOX news say anything other than a derogatory comment. He looked like a mug shot- as if he & dad were being betrayed.

And when she said "it was very emotional stuff" it seemed like Junior finally thought she would go negative, only for her to say "you know going down memory lane" I know the part she is referencing, I concur.

"It was a enormously effective speech. I thought he blew a hole. A big hole in that characterization by Trump saying he is mentally shot After tonight Donald is going to have to run against a candidate not a caricature."
    --FOX news.
    Few highlights I saw bares witness to my 1st post in that they went way to deep in the Hollywood well for my taste. But then again, maybe Hollywood's elite asked to be a part knowing they have some ability to draw people to the polls.

Will be a stark contrast to the RNC where there is talk of their speakers will be like the couple that pulled a gun on the very protesters that were peaceful.

Maybe the RNC can show the DNC how to do it right. Invite Kim Jun to speak , with a cameo from Putin, sons of the Reich, maybe they can channel the spirit of Charles Mason as strategic guest speaker if this is the contrast to DNC choice.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the convention left something to the imagination, Democrats have in their slight favor that it was the 1st virtual convention to be tried. What they wanted they didn't get but got what they needed which was not only supplied by the mainstream media claiming it was his best speech, but of all FOX the #1 watched cable news station had 3 (from what I know of) 3 different anchors speak on Biden IMO- as if they are F'in sick of the dude they got in office. Sick of him calling in to their live shows and forced to yield to him talking about America has too much water, America will get better light bulbs that don't last as long, but they are better type spiels.

All to better for me as a live in person event just meant #1. Top Singers, actors & athletes would headline to which #2. right wing would claim that is why Democrats are immoral type spiel. So at least I was spared that typical argument of Republicans player hatin' cause nobody wants to show up that the RNC conventions.

at least for the RNC this time they can make an excuse why they have no headliners they like. 2016 they got 3/4 of the Rockettes Las Vegas showgirls, a cover band and Thx to Mit Romney the Mormon Tabernacle choir.

Wonder if they will get their 4th of July guests, who had no say so in the matter: they're a military band. How do they turn down the president?

& for those who can stomach watching the whole song, man it's a whoot! Sailors out of sync in their dance moves. Look like they're sweating sea-salty water Black dude on trumpet looks like 1/2 of Key N peele

Not sure which is worse: A DNC that lulls the people with Hollywood stars or a RNC hateful they got to get the knockoff bootleg bands.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 08-25-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Thread Information