Thread: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Zhang v Parker is good, I thought both would swerve the fight but glad both are taking the risk.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    We are having a civil conversation.
    I have answered all your questions, you just didn’t like the answers.
    I just don’t want to turn this page into a book it’s all the quotes. So I’ve tried to be as clear as possible in a manner as brief as possible.
    Eddie is part of team AJ, but is part of many teams, of which AJ the fighter is not his top priority. Team DAZN, Team Matchroom and Team Eddie all come above that in priority to Eddie.
    Easy money is subjective . Is it easy?
    When I ask about how this pushes AJ forward, I’m not talking about his mental state. I’m talking about in his quest to regain a world title. That is just an opinion I’m asking for based on what we know , no different to most of the other stuff we debate.
    From what I remember , we agree to disagree on the rest of it.
    you've answered that eddie is part of team aj in this post, not before. eddie's teams & priorities are irrelevant to my question. eddie is either part of team aj or he's not. easy money is subjective. in this case, fighting is not the easiest way to earn money to start with. personally i think francis is an easier fight than zhilei & probably easier than filip for aj. apologies, i thought when you asked how this pushes aj forward, you were asking about his motivation & mentality to push him forward. as i mentioned in my previous post, another full camp with ben davison, that can only be beneficial in my opinion & help towards his quest to regain the world title. i don't actually think aj gets the ibf shot if it becomes vacant (i see filip v daniel dubois happening instead based on boxing politics), the saudi's have already stated that they want the winners of tyson v oleksandr & aj v francis to fight each other
    For the record, and after this , I’ll park this because our opinions are clear on this.
    The original question was “do you not think this is a good fight for Team AJ?” So that is why I answered , it’s a good fight for Eddie, but not necessarily the best fight for AJ.
    It was then that you asked “Is Eddie not part of team AJ?” Which you could say is irrelevant going by your rationale.
    all good. i just think there are more positives for team aj than negatives for this fight. that isn't to say this is the best fight i'd want aj to take
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another very good card. joseph & zhilei running towards eah other is how boxing should be
    kevin lerena is help tyson fury with sparring & is hoping to use the work to get on this card against justis huni. just rumors that the fight could happen at this stage
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are having a civil conversation.
    I have answered all your questions, you just didn’t like the answers.
    I just don’t want to turn this page into a book it’s all the quotes. So I’ve tried to be as clear as possible in a manner as brief as possible.
    Eddie is part of team AJ, but is part of many teams, of which AJ the fighter is not his top priority. Team DAZN, Team Matchroom and Team Eddie all come above that in priority to Eddie.
    Easy money is subjective . Is it easy?
    When I ask about how this pushes AJ forward, I’m not talking about his mental state. I’m talking about in his quest to regain a world title. That is just an opinion I’m asking for based on what we know , no different to most of the other stuff we debate.
    From what I remember , we agree to disagree on the rest of it.
    you've answered that eddie is part of team aj in this post, not before. eddie's teams & priorities are irrelevant to my question. eddie is either part of team aj or he's not. easy money is subjective. in this case, fighting is not the easiest way to earn money to start with. personally i think francis is an easier fight than zhilei & probably easier than filip for aj. apologies, i thought when you asked how this pushes aj forward, you were asking about his motivation & mentality to push him forward. as i mentioned in my previous post, another full camp with ben davison, that can only be beneficial in my opinion & help towards his quest to regain the world title. i don't actually think aj gets the ibf shot if it becomes vacant (i see filip v daniel dubois happening instead based on boxing politics), the saudi's have already stated that they want the winners of tyson v oleksandr & aj v francis to fight each other
    For the record, and after this , I’ll park this because our opinions are clear on this.
    The original question was “do you not think this is a good fight for Team AJ?” So that is why I answered , it’s a good fight for Eddie, but not necessarily the best fight for AJ.
    It was then that you asked “Is Eddie not part of team AJ?” Which you could say is irrelevant going by your rationale.
    all good. i just think there are more positives for team aj than negatives for this fight. that isn't to say this is the best fight i'd want aj to take
    That’s a fair comment. 👍
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y don't u 2 meet 4 a crumpet and clotted fucking cream you wankers

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another very good card. joseph & zhilei running towards eah other is how boxing should be
    It's an ok card really. Far from the hoopla of "Saudi is running boxing". But tbf Zhang vs Parker reads like the main event. That is a serious heavyweight slobber-knocker. Can't argue with either being consistent and right on the edge of a shot with a win. Vargas vs Ball feels like very fast turn around and a solid fight you didn't know you needed but also one we really like to see. Good fight. Going to be crazy physical style clash there. AJ and Ngannou still the shiny wad of tinsel thrown on the christmas tree for me. AJ has set himself up needing to be picture perfect as even taking a wobble, flash kd or even a workmanlike "extended the distance" (while winning) likely becomes the full Ngannou headline and detraction. Either way here's to the last $40 ppv rate staying same, hopefully .

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    An ode to Brock

Some people get shitty when they’re tired
    Some people like to have a mention
    This usually ends with shots fired
    So they can get some attention

The worst are the bitter little old men
    Always stirring the pot
    Couldn’t be further away from Zen
    They need to get back in their cot!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Spicoli said "Zhang vs Parker reads like the main event"
    The winner should get a shot at undisputed ahead of the main event
    WFT happened to Rey Vargas vs. Brandon Figueroa
    Vargas might just have enough wear & tear for Ball to get him

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good move. Let me explain. Yes I'd prefer Zhang or Hrgovic like the rest of us. But no one gives a fuck about us. We are the minority. The donuts who pay for PPV, the casuals, Joe Bloggs. They are the majority and will lap it up.

No doubt the demand will be for Joshua to knock him over whenever he fancies it. Just like it was for Franklin, just like it was for Wallin. I've no idea of Ngannous MMA record and don't care to look. All I know is he never looked like being blown away by Fury. Franklin hadn't been stopped and remains so. Wallin hadn't been stopped despite sharing the ring with the greatest fighter that's ever been born of his mother.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Good move. Let me explain. Yes I'd prefer Zhang or Hrgovic like the rest of us. But no one gives a fuck about us. We are the minority. The donuts who pay for PPV, the casuals, Joe Bloggs. They are the majority and will lap it up.

No doubt the demand will be for Joshua to knock him over whenever he fancies it. Just like it was for Franklin, just like it was for Wallin. I've no idea of Ngannous MMA record and don't care to look. All I know is he never looked like being blown away by Fury. Franklin hadn't been stopped and remains so. Wallin hadn't been stopped despite sharing the ring with the greatest fighter that's ever been born of his mother.
    Actually, I think it is “Born of his Mother’s C**t!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the saudi's have already stated that they want the winners of tyson v oleksandr & aj v francis to fight each other
    turki also says he wants to do artur v dmitry, tank v devin & jai v the winner of artur v dmitry

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    seeking attention? missing the drama? still ducking my avatar challenges? anyone else notice that it has been very civil around here for several months? wonder what changed?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m gonna address the elephant in the room. I reckon some of the posters and the naming of the cards and general media is pretty shite on these Saudi cards. And I’m also getting a teeny bit tired of all the fake “I want to thank Turkiye for being alive blah , blah, blah.” Every single time somebody speaks.
    It’s starting to get a bit laughable now. The constant dick sucking is too much and looks completely disingenuous.
    It’s like “it’s my ball we’re playing with so it’s my rules and I’ll do what I want.”
    I saw him make a little speech the other day and tbh it’s all a little bit amateurish. Even saying to Ngannou , “you’ve done well , but I’m sorry, I want you to lose because you’re holding up real fights.” Whose fucking fault is that? Who’s paying the circus act?
    Anyway, that’s my opinion, maybe I’m in the minority.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 01-18-2024 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't really care how these yes men behave around turki as long as we get significant fights

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m gonna address the elephant in the room. I reckon some of the posters and the naming of the cards and general media is pretty shite on these Saudi cards. And I’m also getting a teeny bit tired of all the fake “I want to thank Turkiye for being alive blah , blah, blah.” Every single time somebody speaks.
    It’s starting to get a bit laughable now. The constant dick sucking is too much and looks completely disingenuous.
    It’s like “it’s my ball we’re playing with so it’s my rules and I’ll do what I want.”
    I saw him make a little speech the other day and tbh it’s all a little bit amateurish. Even saying to Ngannou , “you’ve done well , but I’m sorry, I want you to lose because you’re holding up real fights.” Whose fucking fault is that? Who’s paying the circus act?
    Anyway, that’s my opinion, maybe I’m in the minority.
    Comic books and dollar general anime. Literally how they are marketing.

All we're doing is setting top fighters up to expect the same inflated monster purses while also turning back on regional fan bases who actually like to attend a fight. And shuttering major boxing venues and narrowing options in the long run. Eventually, this gravy train of Turki the mega donor will move to another flavor and these fighters will come back to Earth. Any man who invests billions in American Golf ffs gets a side eye. Did anyone actually expect Wilder to fight off a 120 day turnaround . Sounds harsh negative but these fighters need to build their own second phase options, keep to some realistic roots.

Thread Information