Definitely feeling a tickle in my throat on this Saturday. Likely have to miss work, what a shame . Great main event and I'm all over the map picking. I think Beterbiev has actually improved his speed and punch mix when it comes to distance to closing down the range. Not much orthodox when he gets the choppy short combos flowing and while he's not a one n' done puncher, his shots last. They sit on and sap a fighter like very few today. And he does not neglect the body...or hips and thighs. Then again, I can see Bivol doing that spring in his step and rolling straight 1,2,3 combos like he does best now. The guy is a highly disciplined kangaroo ffs with ice water in his veins. Keeping Beterbiev resetting makes perfect sense and he keeps tight corners while turning an opponent. He can twist a guy's feet up badly while staying out of the wheelhouse. But on perimeter issues I wonder in a way if Bivol has had it too comfortable, by no fault of his own but full credit, considering the style and full package Beterbiev will show. Bivol always keeps a high volume and has a blueprint on ring awareness and managing literal real estate in there. But he hasn't been beat up save for a Joe Smith bomb and hardly pressed and forced into a fluid firefight. I worry about his inside game beyond the always fluid straighter punches. They do tend to repeat themselves. Simply put I have no idea who is winning this but full respect and appreciation that we're getting two of the sports consummate professionals putting everything on the line. Boxing needs this fight it's one of the best no bullshit unifications we've had in a very very long time.

It will be some interesting viewing. Nothing firm but it sounds like a dual platform night with Dazn doing the PPV "undercard" and Bivol v Beterbiev being a one off on Espn+. Not exactly sure how that will unfold. The last ppv dazn had stretched until near or on midnight here before the main kicked off and the two being competitors should be unique. No price on ppv portion yet but maybe $40-50 and we're all in. The 5 vs 5 format is one to build on, but seeing Wilder with matchroom is weird as shit . That fight and Ball vs Ford are very solid. While we're at it let's have a hand for the activity level of both Ball and Ford. Literally right back into the fire for both!