Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Just watched PBF/Judah and Hatton can take him IMO

If Hatton can pound away at his body with success and slow him down fairly early then he IMO beats him
    Looked good in fits and spurts but was'nt overly impressed to be honest.
    He done enough really.
    Hatton Beats him for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just watched PBF/Judah and Hatton can take him IMO

yo smash mate, have you got the link to the Zab-PBF fight?
    Just thought i'd also what Hatton's chances are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched it too & I don't reckon Floyd could keep Ricky off him.

Hatton would be willing to take Floyds shots to get inside & outwork him in most rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LaceEmUp
    Watched it too & I don't reckon Floyd could keep Ricky off him.

Hatton would be willing to take Floyds shots to get inside & outwork him in most rounds.
    Does anyone have the link so I can check it out. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will comment by saying this...if IF Floyd fights Hatton with the same amount of respect that he gave Judah...he's gonna have issues.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since I haven't seen the fight yet, what did Mayweather say in his post fight interview. Did he say who he wants next or not at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    If Hatton can pound away at his body with success and slow him down fairly early then he IMO beats him
    He done enough really.
    Hatton Beats him for me.
    I disagree. This fight in no way showed what hatton could do. Why? Cause he fought a fast technical southpaw. Southpaws are known worldwide for giving orthodox problems. Thats why floyd didn't look as good as usual but he still looked good none the less. Floyd fights way better against orthodox fighters. A fighter like hatton who is a righty with his wild lunging shots and suspect defense will get tagged flush on the face a lot. I don't care how tough you think he is that takes an effect on a fighter. Will he hit floyd? Yes but I think he will take alot of leather in the process. Unless he hurts floyd with a good body shot I just can't see him winning.It would be a good fight. i think he has a better chance than margarito
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21
    Since I haven't seen the fight yet, what did Mayweather say in his post fight interview. Did he say who he wants next or not at all.
    Merchant didn't ask him, which was weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm becoming less convinced of Ricky's chances after seeing this fight. PBF figured out Zab and then strolled the rest of the fight. I can see the same thing happening with Hatton, hatton takes some early rounds and then PBf figures out what he needs to do and then that's it. Only difference I can see is that Hatton's easier to hit than Zab and won't go missing for half the fight.

Don't get me wrong I still think Hatton has a good chance but I'm less convinced than I was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    He done enough really.
    Hatton Beats him for me.
    I disagree. This fight in no way showed what hatton could do. Why? Cause he fought a fast technical southpaw. Southpaws are known worldwide for giving orthodox problems. Thats why floyd didn't look as good as usual but he still looked good none the less. Floyd fights way better against orthodox fighters. A fighter like hatton who is a righty with his wild lunging shots and suspect defense will get tagged flush on the face a lot. I don't care how tough you think he is that takes an effect on a fighter. Will he hit floyd? Yes but I think he will take alot of leather in the process. Unless he hurts floyd with a good body shot I just can't see him winning.It would be a good fight. i think he has a better chance than margarito
    i agree. i think hatton fights more like chico than zab. and we know what happened to chico. i'm not saying floyd would take out hatton that easy--hatton's definitely better and more determined than chico--but mrmanick's right: hatton's style is pretty undisciplined, and he'll get hit A LOT. floyd by 10th round stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree Wallace, i have always fancied PBF to beat Hatton, but after watching the fight, it will be a very close fight, i think PBF's power is not up to much at 147, i think Hatton can take anything PBF has to offer, you say he worked Judah out after 4 rounds i agree to a certain degree, but Judah stop pressing and that is something Hatton will not do.

I know that it is hard to make comparisons, with the fact Judah is a slick southpaw, but i think Floyd is going to find it hard to keep the bigger man in my opinion in terms of physical stength, Hatton has a great chance of beating Floyd and i see it as a definate 50/50 fight.

But with the scorecards of saturday night im not to sure Ricky will get many favours.
    Previously i had it 65/35 in Mayweather's favour, but like i say it's hard to make comparisons because of the different styles of Judah and Hatton, but after seeing Floyd operate at 147, i think he could have problems keeping Hatton off him for 12 rnds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He done enough really.
    Hatton Beats him for me.
    i feel the same way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    He done enough really.
    Hatton Beats him for me.
    i agree. i think hatton fights more like chico than zab. and we know what happened to chico. i'm not saying floyd would take out hatton that easy--hatton's definitely better and more determined than chico--but mrmanick's right: hatton's style is pretty undisciplined, and he'll get hit A LOT. floyd by 10th round stoppage.
    Please Chicco

Hatton could take Pbf shots for 500 rounds, for me Floyd cant hurt Hatton physically which could be the major factor, the speed is another thing, but i am a Hatton fan and i have to admit after watching saturdays fight i felt more optomistic about Ricky's chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hatton does beat Mayweather, but both are superb World Class fighters, so it will be a Titanic battle, that Hatton will only edge if he is in immaculate condition, which I think he will; Hatton 114-113 on ten point must.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He done enough really.
    Hatton Beats him for me.
    You might be right, I don't think Floyd has the fire-power to keep Hatton off of him, Floyd could hurt Hatton if he could hit him enough over the course of a long fight, but with Hatton jumping on him at the bell and throwing the high volume of punches that he does, its gonna take a huge effort by Floyd to win, unless Floyd goes into survival mode, Floyd might get stopped. Tzsyu could n't take pressure or Hatton's pace. And I'm not big on european fighters, but Hatton is the real thing.

Thread Information