Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev v Callum Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    American journalist Dan Rafael reports that Bivol has signed his contract for his side of the deal to face Beterbiev next.

However, Beterbiev must first beat his WBC mandatory challenger Callum Smith on January 13.

If Beterbiev does emerge victorious though, he can then negotiate his side of the deal to face Bivol and potentially sign to finalise the fight in 2024.

https://talksport.com/sport/1695168/...-callum-smith/
    Yarde, Buatsi and the rest of the 175 camp are waiting on the belts to be split up as there’s no way any of them beat Beterbiev/Bivol.

Expect their shot to happen late 2024 when the IBF gets pulled away instantly from the undisputed winner!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

American journalist Dan Rafael reports that Bivol has signed his contract for his side of the deal to face Beterbiev next.

However, Beterbiev must first beat his WBC mandatory challenger Callum Smith on January 13.

If Beterbiev does emerge victorious though, he can then negotiate his side of the deal to face Bivol and potentially sign to finalise the fight in 2024.

i see a push for dmitry bivol v jai opataia has started. i like the fight but it needs to wait until after we get artur v dmitry
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

i see a push for dmitry bivol v jai opataia has started. i like the fight but it needs to wait until after we get artur v dmitry
    Bivol should do the unification fight and become undisputed before moving up or down the weights. It would be a waste of a super fight if it did not happen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“I don’t blame people for wanting to see Beterbiev-Bivol. As a boxing fan, that’s a fight that I would like to see,” Callum Smith told Boxing Social.

“It is a little disrespectful when there are people in boxing posting, and I’m due to fight [Beterbiev] in January.

“I’m confident in my own ability, and I feel I can beat him when I’m at my best. I believe the best version of me beats anyone in the world.

“In my eyes, it’ll be me [winning against] Beterbiev and then me against Bivol after that. So, I think I can ruin people’s plans.

“I’m not angry for people wanting to see the fight because it’s a fight that people want to see. At the moment, they’re the two champions in this weight division - so I can’t really take too much offence about it.”

https://talksport.com/sport/1698754/...ry-bivol-talk/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev by KO in about 9 or 10

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-ev...t-cold--180470

I normally couldn't care less what Hearn has to say, especially when it's a British vs British fight. But sorry... this one couldn't go un-commented.

Callum?

Knocking Beterbiev out?

The same Callum who royally pissed me off when he gave up any size advantage and laid down like a wimp against Ginger?

Thus perpetuating the Ginger myth and adding to perplexing inability of ANY British fighter of putting up a decent fight against the King of Coddled Divas??

It's ok to promote fights.
    It's quite another to talk B.S. out of the side of your mouth and expect serious fans to take you seriously.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Canelo fight was seriously damaging for Smith. He was going great guns knocking people over, WBSS champ and Unified world champ. In a flash he has an iffy one with Ryder, he's dead at the weight and bends over for Alvarez for the pay day. He's gone from genuine world class to completely unreliable.

I'll say this for him in an effort to add a positive spin. He's better than Yarde. Yarde is athletic and can hit a bit, but he's pretty clueless when he can't outmuscle his opponent and has no idea how to construct a fight. Despite being completely out of his depth, Yarde gave Beterbiev a decent row and had his moment against Kovalev.

I think like most people I expect Smith the retreat into his shell under fire. He might get stopped on his feet offering nothing back, he might cling on for a lopsided points loss.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yarde gave Beterbiev a tough fight and it was a classic contest that was one of the best bouts last year.

Smith has manouvered himself into this shot and is hoping Artur has aged to nick the titles.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Ryder believes Smith can disrupt these plans.

"I think it's a great fight for Callum," Ryder told talkSPORT.com, "Especially with Beterbiev being injured and the fight being postponed. I think it's a good sign.

"Is age getting the better of Beterbiev now? Is the timing right for Callum?

"I know Callum's going to his back yard for the fight and rightly so.

"If you want to fight a champion than what better way to do it than in their back yard?

"I've got high hopes for Callum in this fight, I think he'll come away victorious."

https://talksport.com/sport/1700813/...-dmitry-bivol/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev will butcher Smith

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All wifi down for a 5x5 block area locally and hot spots buggy or nonexistent . “Should” be up by Monday. Here’s to catching big fights on your tiny phone, possibly! Another reason to miss boxing on cable . May be time to rent a U haul and blow this dinosaur City. Still say Smith will make a fight if it before being ground down. Hearn going overboard with the ko chatter and sitting on his punches with Beterbiev. Either way he’s going to need to be it early or latter.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Callum Smith, 33, is an underdog against Beterbiev on away soil and says the champion's power is not on his mind.

"The best version of me beats anyone in the world," Smith said.

"I fully stand by that. The time's now. I'm ready to become a two-division world champion."

At a news conference on Thursday, Smith's trainer Buddy McGirt said they weren't "stupid" and were prepared for Beterbiev's power.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/67950248

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched a YouTube last night with Joe Gallagher’s views on the fight.
    What a fucking prick and a baby he is!
    Being Smith’s former trainer, the dignified thing to do would be to back Smith to the hilt , not show everyone how bitter you are by tipping Beterbiev.
    Ok , you might saying “he’s being honest.” Ok, fine, but why start now?
    If he was still Smith’s trainer, he would be blowing all sorts of shit up Smith’s ass, rendering “honesty” as a word that is not in his vocabulary.
    I’ve always thought he was a fucking big baby.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“It has come to my attention that Callum intends to disseminate misleading information about my VADA testing program for this fight," Beterbiev said, "Let me be clear now: I am a clean athlete.

"I have never tested positive for a banned substance throughout my amateur and professional career and I complied with all VADA requirements and protocols during the build-up to this fight.

"Any attempt to imply otherwise, through innuendo or suggestion is slanderous and libellous.

"This conduct is beyond acceptable trash talk in combat sports. Callum is already searching for excuses, looking for a way out. See you Saturday.”

https://talksport.com/sport/1709024/...acing-message/

Thread Information