Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teo next fight.

Retired, not retired, somewhere in between. Basically, this reads as more sanctioning body idiocy to allow a champ to act more as a belt warmer than a defending champion. Using a p4p rank ffs . Either defend or drop them and move up. The new thing is to have it both ways though.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah but they'll stripped jermell for attempting to be great
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Jermell should be stripped. Man dodged a signed and made mandatory fight. Only problem I have is the posturing theater of waiting to strip him after he enters the ring etc. It's nonsense. It's becoming a very bad trend. I have no favorites. This is just more crooked sanctioning body coddling.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Well Jermell should be stripped. Man dodged a signed and made mandatory fight. Only problem I have is the posturing theater of waiting to strip him after he enters the ring etc. It's nonsense. It's becoming a very bad trend. I have no favorites. This is just more crooked sanctioning body coddling.
    there are other champions that need to be stripped before jermell. he's taking a bigger fight & a bigger challenge than timmy presents. if they can make exceptions for unifications over mandatories, then a shot at an undisputed championship should be given the same grace. i'd understand if jermell was saying he isn't returning to fifty four but all i've heard from him is he wants to keep his belt. i'd prefer timmy get a shot at jermell for the undisputed championship & jermell will still be the lineal champion if he does go back to that weight anyway
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    there are other champions that need to be stripped before jermell. he's taking a bigger fight & a bigger challenge than timmy presents. if they can make exceptions for unifications over mandatories, then a shot at an undisputed championship should be given the same grace. i'd understand if jermell was saying he isn't returning to fifty four but all i've heard from him is he wants to keep his belt. i'd prefer timmy get a shot at jermell for the undisputed championship & jermell will still be the lineal champion if he does go back to that weight anyway
    Oh yeh, agree there. Line them up and have a strip off. Jermall, Jermell, Fury and maybe even Spence pre Crawford on timeline. It's a dog and pony show because more and more the alphabet boys are enabling and giving a pass to it for numerous arbitrary nonspecific reasons. Jermall woke up with a headache and had an argument with his wife...sure he gets an 800+ day pass . They make the rules and ignore them. With the belts honestly I just don't put much stock in them for about a decade now. They're the addiction resulting from and pushed by the drug lords aka the alphabet groups. The wbc is repeating Jermall with Fury right now as we speak. Literally "we're in no hurry to find a mandatory" and that's right after not forcing Wilder and Ortiz to find-make terms for a fight the wbc itself ordered! It's all a long con for Sulaiman, yet fans keep bailing his water and making the belts the be all and end all. Mandatories take step aside dough all the time for cases of same division unification. And some don't and should not be expected too after signing a done deal. And honestly here, I'm not at all convinced based on "being bigger" that Charlo vs Canelo will be nearly as competitive as Tszyu vs Charlo. And he'll no longer be undisputed when the fight happens...again it's the wbo playing games and waiting to literally strip him as the bell rings. So as to not get in the way of the marketing of "undisputed vs undisputed". It's beyond ridiculous.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you could be right that it may not be as competitive as jermell v timmy but canelo is a bigger challenge than timmy & comes with the potential to win another undisputed championship, whilst moving up two divisions. let's also wait & see how timmy goes in his next fight. if anything the delays have been good for timmy

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Great performance last night.

Why is there still a reluctance to fight Haney?

Teo has fought better competition than Tank Davis and is a 2 weight world champion.

He beat Loma 8-4 and now Josh Taylor 8-4.

Is the style of Haney just too frustrating for him?

Who does he fight next?

WHAT??

The arena seats at MSG are still warm from the fight Saturday night... and you're going on about Teo being reluctant to fight Haney??

(Damn... must've missed something)

Man... I'm so tired of hearing about Haney.

Hey. Nothing personal. The guy's a superb boxer. But let's face it. He's riding two victories over a "less-than-elite" Kambosos... and a questionable and controversial win over the smaller, older Lomachenko.

Everyone knows Haney's size is better suited for 140. But HE'S NOT THERE YET!

So are we really going to go down the yellow brick road of all of a sudden you've got 140-pounders avoiding Haney??

Maybe we're asking the wrong questions here.

Oh... and before you go on a song and dance about Kambosos having beaten Teo... let's remember that it was a physically impaired and subpar Teo that he beat. Saturday night's Teo would've ripped Kambosos a new one.
    Listen, there must be some reason why Teo is reluctant to fight Haney.

Teo has a better resume than Haney and beat Loma and nearly stopped him in the last round.

Haney resume is weak (in some regards) because he can’t get anyone to fight him!

There is no reason why they can’t fight each other next..Teo dad is already pricing himself out by saying 20 million so it’s pretty obvious that Haney style will be awful for Teo.

Do you have a source that backs up your claim about Teo's dad pricing himself out of a Haney fight?

Again... Teo JUST now finished beating Taylor. The gloves are still warm from the action. Isn't it just a TAD early to make claims about Teo ducking this guy or that guy?

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...on-chasing-him

"The rebirth of a star: Teofimo Lopez is back on top and now has a whole division chasing him"

Haney's just gonna have to stand in line now.

Teo's got three other champions at 140 he can target. Even José Ramirez is standing in line with his hand out now.

Besides... last time I checked, Haney's last fight was at 135.

Let's wait for him to make the move up to 140, before you keep claiming that Teo's ducking him.
    It’s very obvious to everyone that Teo wants no part of Haney.

You obviously never noticed over the years.

I’m not the kind of person to lie to myself, I just want to see the best fights.

Teo could have made the Haney fight straight after he beat Loma.

I already said that Teo has a better resume than Tank and Haney in regards to beating top tier fighters especially as he was the underdog in both his biggest fights.

Unfortunately Teo wants no part of that Haney/Tank/Shakur style fighter.

The crazy thing is that he can beat all these guys!

50:50 fights.

Loma is the ultimate boxer. A case can be made for his fight against Haney, even though he was giving away size.

Teo fought and beat Loma.

So why on Earth would he be ducking Haney?

If you were to tell me Tank or Shakur, especially Tank... who packs a punch... maybe I'd agree with you.

I guarantee you, if Haney comes up to 140 and wants to fight Teo... the fight will be made.

Seeing the alternatives, it's probably one of the easier (barring Romero) 140 fights Teo could make.
    First they said they wanted 10 which was already pricing out. Then they said 20. It’s on video here

https://youtu.be/WKFkjetRgjk?si=t0BxDlmSk2HHztYd

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

subriel matias' team has confirmed that they were sent an offer to fight in february on super bowl weekend but they had to turn it down because of a hand injury. it looks like teo will still fight in february. subriel's team is hoping to reschedule the fight after his hand therapy

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

subriel matias' team has confirmed that they were sent an offer to fight in february on super bowl weekend but they had to turn it down because of a hand injury. it looks like teo will still fight in february. subriel's team is hoping to reschedule the fight after his hand therapy
    there is talk of this fight happening around june seventh/ eight for the puerto rican day parade weekend in new york

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there is talk of teo fighting jermaine ortiz in february

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there is talk of teo fighting jermaine ortiz in february

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rumour is teo could be fighting steve claggett on june twenty nineth. if bud vacates i can see teo moving up & fighting someone like giovanni santillan for the vacant belt

Thread Information