Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe Joyce v Zhilei Zhang 2

Joe Joyce will face a rematch against Zhilei Zhang in London later this year as he bids to get back on track for a world heavyweight championship fight.

Chinese boxer Zhang delivered a major blow to the Brit’s title dreams in April with a bruising sixth-round stoppage, Joyce’s first defeat of his professional career.

There had been talk of the pair heading to Beijing after the rematch clause was activated, but Joyce’s team have secured Wembley Arena as the venue for this bout on September 23, 2023.

“I’m coming back to take back what’s mine,” 37-year-old Joyce declared with Thursday’s announcement.

“September 23rd I am leaving everything in that ring. No compromises. No underestimating my opponent. Nothing, but a win.”

Zhang, 40, was linked with fighting Tyson Fury after upsetting Joyce to claim the WBO interim heavyweight title, which will again be on the line in September.

Oleksandr Usyk is the current reigning WBO heavyweight champion and the victorious fighter in Zhang vs Joyce 2 could be handed a shot at the belt as the mandatory challenger, amid talk of Usyk fighting Fury later this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...69acd68e&ei=16
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Zhilei Zhang 2

Fair play going straight back in but I can see same outcome and a career ender along the lines of Price.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Joyce gets beat up bad and gets the rematch in his own back yard. Maybe they should tie one of Zhang’s hands behind his back just make sure it’s evened out.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Random thought, what is so wrong but at the same time so right about this rematch halfway into 2023. Just two top ten guys who already had many doubters watching other "top" guys with another eye. They took the headlines no one intended for them, game tough scrap and then are running it back immediately.

Look...right now this division is a stagnant joke. Champs in name only barking about fighting mma guys, circus bears or God knows what at this point, former champs talking their way out of mutual and needed top contender match ups and other former champs sitting on the sideline content to wait on some "magical Christmas lottery in Dubai" . It's really quite sad. So glass up for Zhang and Joyce I say. I honestly have more anticipation and respect for the two of them mid 2023 than the rest of the CF of a division.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Random thought, what is so wrong but at the same time so right about this rematch halfway into 2023. Just two top ten guys who already had many doubters watching other "top" guys with another eye. They took the headlines no one intended for them, game tough scrap and then are running it back immediately.

Look...right now this division is a stagnant joke. Champs in name only barking about fighting mma guys, circus bears or God knows what at this point, former champs talking their way out of mutual and needed top contender match ups and other former champs sitting on the sideline content to wait on some "magical Christmas lottery in Dubai" . It's really quite sad. So glass up for Zhang and Joyce I say. I honestly have more anticipation and respect for the two of them mid 2023 than the rest of the CF of a division.
    A lot of good points above. But it comes to something when we feel we have to praise 2 fringe fighters for actually doing what they’re paid to do.
    Not just this fight , but it is a perfect example, neither of them is a champion, and there was no controversy, so what the fuck need is there for a rematch ?
    The real problem is the governing bodies are weak as piss and are only interested in their commissions.
    I watched Carl Froch on YouTube yesterday and although he’s full of self righteous bullshit, every now and again he makes a decent point. He had a list of the top 25 HW’s in the world , and not one of them had a fight scheduled! He acknowledged Jared Anderson fighting Charles Martin this weekend , but Anderson wasn’t on this list.
    How the fuck can the division go forward if nobody fights ffs? It’s a fucking disgrace and guess who suffers from it? Yep, the fans.
    We’re left to debate whether Fury is better than Usyk or if AJ could beat him blah blah blah.
    Total bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, this is gonna be a good one! Joyce is out for redemption and ready to give it his all. Zhang obviously put on a stunning performance last time, so we'll see if he can take him the distance this time. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. Ready for September 23!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zhang says he wants a shot at Fury should he inflict another defeat upon Joyce.

“After Joyce, fighting with Tyson Fury would be my next target,” he told CGTN Europe.

“Last time I made history, the best inheritance of history is to create new history. Creating a new history of the Chinese in the field of boxing is my mission and my original intention.

“People always think Chinese boxing can’t produce heavyweight boxers, and Chinese boxing can’t compete with European and American boxing. I don’t agree. I believe Chinese boxing will definitely occupy the most central position on the international stage.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...e0f5054&ei=100

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Picked up by ESPN+ in the States! And Zhang called Fury a phony chump disgrace and bad for the division so I’m all in 😆

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Fair play going straight back in but I can see same outcome and a career ender along the lines of Price.
    I have to agree with you Mark, Zhang is all wrong for with wide open slugger Joyce.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Picked up by ESPN+ in the States! And Zhang called Fury a phony chump disgrace and bad for the division so I’m all in 😆
    lol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forgot about the time difference . Well we'll make it work. Looking forward to this afternoon event.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

both guys came in at career high weights. joe was two eighty one & zhilei was two eighty seven. who does this favour?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rewatched the first fight and Zhang wobbles Joyce on numerous occasions. He also could not miss with that southpaw left cross which caused the damage to Joyce face. It was so one sided that there should not be a rematch.

Joyce has come in heavier to land the harder punches but he does need to move his head and avoid the shots coming back at him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Rewatched the first fight and Zhang wobbles Joyce on numerous occasions. He also could not miss with that southpaw left cross which caused the damage to Joyce face. It was so one sided that there should not be a rematch.

Joyce has come in heavier to land the harder punches but he does need to move his head and avoid the shots coming back at him.
    And you put Joyce down to win in the prediction challenge.

Thread Information