Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Caleb Plant Slaps the hell out of Charlo

Sorry, this was too funny (to me) not to post....

Not sure what the altercation was about but, I guess the 2 were jawing at each other the day of the Bud/ Spence weigh in and then it was maybe diffused and then about an hour later it started again and Charlo caught some 'act right' across the chops. For all the talking and mugging the Charlos do for the camera, you had to figure this would happen sooner or later. No fear in Plant...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Caleb Plant Slaps the hell out of Charlo

Plant was smart to slap Charlo rather than punch and potentially hurt his hand. I like Plant but that is a cheap move to do.

Charlo did not seem to be bothered by it, maybe he gets slapped a lot during these events.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like this will be the next bus off the rank.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at least Charlo has now broken his near record long inactivity streak as a champion . More worrying is he gets sucker cracked and repeatedly called boy and does nothing at all. His fighting instinct is dulled.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Plant was smart to slap Charlo rather than punch and potentially hurt his hand. I like Plant but that is a cheap move to do.

Charlo did not seem to be bothered by it, maybe he gets slapped a lot during these events.
    I'm not sure if it its true but someone remarked also because hes a boxer, he would incur less of a legal charge than if he hit him with a closed fist. Sounds like Charlo know he had it coming... Derrick James was there and said this when asked about it..

“I talked to them [Charlo and Plant] before, they were kinda getting into it. I told Caleb to step away, Jermall, whatever.”
    “I saw them talking and I’m telling Caleb… ‘let it go,’ you know what I mean? He was like, ‘OK, coach.’ But then, Jermall touched him… I’m talking to him, but at this point, he’s not listening to me,” he added, subsequently pointing out that the slap took place “maybe an hour” later.

James, who said Charlo touched Plant first, was asked if the slap was justified, to which he replied, “Probably so,” while insisting he tried to de-escalate the incident beforehand.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/29/caleb-...ford-weigh-in/
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does "touch" mean in this context?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What does "touch" mean in this context?
    I cant even begin to guess. but going by history.... If Caleb needed to be shoved before lunging with that lead slap at Canelo, I'd ascertain it wasn't a hand shake. I'd wager to say it was even more than a poke in the chest unless he developed a zero tolerance policy after the Canelo incident. If i had to guess, I'd say Charlo figured him for a sucker or street soft and figured he'd test him. Maybe with a shove. If it was a slap or punch he wouldnt have been standng there with his hands down. He would have expected what was coming. They're fighters, they know how this works. i'm guessing caleb passed the test from the way Charlo stood there dumbfounded before deciding to go out looking for plant with a group of people 5 minutes later after plant left.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Plot thickens. According to an online source (take it for what you will), The charlo brothers got into it. Plant attempted to diffuse the situation with Jermall then turning his aggression toward Plant. He grabbed a fist full of Plant's beard, to which Plant responded warned him not to do that again. With Jermall immediately doing it again in front of Plants wife and Kid. The rest is what we saw on video with the exception of one very interesting part. The charlo wives/gf melee. Apparently one of the twins wives attacked the others gf and gave her a pretty substantial ground and pound beat down with many unanswered shots...

"Like sands through the hourglass...so are the days of our lives..."

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They could make a soap opera out of this and maybe use it to set up a big fight.

Thread Information