Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth

Twice as unfortunate on rewatch. Whole thing was a manufactured division leaping work and we've cheered them up yet again. Can't get my head around all the scrutiny going one way. On one hand, Charlo strictly 'cashing out and not trying to fight and win at all'...but on the other 'Canelo looked best in couple years and just a great dominate performance' . All in the script but in the aftermath a sidestep event for BOTH to be real.

How was this not so predictable is all I'm saying . Fans have to grow tired and weary of being suckers blinded by the belts! Divisions matter.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    canelo v jermell for anyone who missed it
    https://odysee.com/@DanielFirth97:3/CaneloVsCharlo:7

elijah garcia v jose armando resendiz
    https://odysee.com/@DanielFirth97:3/GarciaVsResendiz:6

mario barrios v yordenis ugas
    https://odysee.com/@DanielFirth97:3/BarriosVsUgas:a
    Man that Garcia fight was a good un
    I'm not sure how long a career he'll have
    But I'll be watching

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glorified sparring session. Charlotte fought to survive, didn’t try to win. I didn't think Charlo had a chance and the way he fought, neither did he. Nothing really else to say about this fight.

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a lame and pathetic effort that was from Charlo. He talked about being bigger, stronger, faster and punching harder than Canelo but did absolutely nothing to try and win a round never mind the fight. He started very passive and at the end his trainer was screaming at him to go out for the stoppage and he just could not do it.

All that bluster and hot air with no ounce of pride.

Charlo then has the cheek to call out Crawford forgetting his friend Spence has a rematch against him and essentially saying Errol will lose. He never even mentioned Tszyu who is the most dangerous challenger for him.

Charlo other brother was in the crowd looking spaced out waiting for his opportunity for a fight with Canelo. PBC are just as bad as Eddie and helping milk the cash cow on their stable.

Joke.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I didn't see the fight. Judging from all comments I've seen and heard... I'm glad I didn't.

I'm not going to go into my usual Canelo rant. Everyone here knows how I've always felt about Canelo and his career. Obviously it's not Canelo's fault that Charlo apparently just showed up to collect his check. But the fight should've never been made in the first place. It's meaningless. Even diehard Canelo fans are strangely subdued after the fight.

I'm just sad for boxing. Thankfully, there are hungry, young fighters coming up to fill the void left by the warriors of the past. I want to watch upsets, unlikely wins, comebacks. I want to watch the best fighting the best. I want to watch fighters hyped for more than just a pretty face and a huge social media following. I want to watch fighters go at it within their own division. I'm tired of all these useless jumps in weight.

Ok that's it. Otherwise I will start ranting.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i have jesus winning by six points but it was odd that he took his foot of the gas over the second half of the fight
    judges cards, this fight wasn't close
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't see this or any of the post fight talk, was there any talk of who Alvarez will fight next?

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Didn't see this or any of the post fight talk, was there any talk of who Alvarez will fight next?
    Canleo says he will fight on Cinco de Mayo, next year May and does not mind it being David Benavidez.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Canleo says he will fight on Cinco de Mayo, next year May and does not mind it being David Benavidez.
    Believe it when I see it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there's a good chance of him fighting benavidez, he signed for the wrong guys of he wants to dodge him, I would think that would most likely be the last fight on his three fight deal though,I think the promoters would like to build up benavidez more than he is before doing that and then if he does beat Alvarez then they got probably the best and easiest money they could out of Alvarez

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ginger won't fight Benavidez, if his Modus Operandi is any indication. He'll hem and haw. (Remember... there's a conga line of undersized fighters "calling out" Canelo and claiming they'll do better than Charlo... LMFAO).

The Cash Cow is still very much in business, and besides... there's at least one or two other undersized, undisputed, or otherwise big names out there to be had.

Eubank wants Canelo. Crawford has been discussed as a possible fight. Inoue can always fatten up a bit... and he'll be firmly on Canelo's radar.

Benavidez may or may not get Canelo.

And if he does... Canelo will have the readymade excuse that he's too old... and Benavidez would've "NEVER" beaten him at his peak.

Then it's off to Hollywood, and "The Canelo Alvarez Story."

Oops... sorry. Forgot about Haney.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For Benavidez I'd like him to stay lasered on Andrade. Especially if they are fighting in Vegas . But clearly, he's the numero uno long existing top challenge for Canelo. But as we've seen "challenge" is not exactly in the lexicon of Canelo and supporters are perfectly fine handing out pass after pass. Want to fight an inactive Jr middle off of of surgery...sure sure just dress it up real nice and use the phrase undisputed a lot...want to take a stay busy where the question is not will he win, but will Ryder make the bell or not...sure sure fine fine...want to even for a second refuse to rule out fighting a fookin welterweight...sure sure just make sure he's covered in belts again and they are all shined up nice. Oh and "undisputed" on the banner. That's important. Rinse repeat.

Sadly and as predicted, where does Charlo go for that matter? His performance or lack thereof burns the bridge to a restructure at 154 at least involving Crawford. Overall and in an instant, he's become a trivia question and no idea where his motivation will be after scoring a lottery and adding the weight. He and Tzsyu from a fans perspective would have been a very entertaining clash but again he played himself.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo whored himself out for the greater "good." Win-win all around. Charlo gets his mega bucks for showing up and punching the clock... Canelo gets his umpteenth miserably meaningless and carefully constructed win for his (cough) legacy. More people now know about Charlo than ever before... because anybody that fights Canelo instantly gets known by Canelo's legions of casuals. I'm sure many Canelo groupies had never even heard of Charlo before this. Professional pride be damned. Charlo made the big bucks, after blustering how he was going to be "different." The same song and dance ALL the Cash Cow applicants utter during their gig interviews. It's a full-blown circus... complete with the shiny crown and flowing cape for "The Face of Boxing."

The thing is... I wish I could say I'm surprised or that I haven't been standing on the same ol' soap box for YEARS now. But I can't. Fact is I HAVE been preaching from the pulpit for a LONG, LONG time now. People want to call me a hater... that's quite alright with me. At least I'm old enough to remember having seen the MAB's, JMM's, and Moraleses of the past live up to the moniker of Mexican warrior. No diva clauses... no marinating of fights... no trinket chasing... no bought judges or boxing orgs... none of the crap we've had to put up with since Ginger became the anointed Face of Boxing. When was the last time there was any suspense surrounding a Canelo fight? Especially about the outcome. They're all foregone conclusions! Did he take a miscalculated risk against Bivol? Damn straight. And the judges came close to robbing that poor bastard as well.

Can't wait for the redhead to retire.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

will you give canelo any credit if he fights david b in his three fight contract with pbc? as for suspense, i was saying before the dmitry fight that it was a really hard fight & most of us here agreed that dmitry was the second best light heavyweight in the world at that time, that fight was nowhere near a foregone conclusion. you see it as a miscalculation, i see it as an extremely difficult challenge
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't think that Charlo had a fight plan other than "don't get hurt."
    Watch the way he was moving. He would move twice to his left and, when Canelo stepped to his right, Charlo would step to his right and they would be right back where they started. That is how you move when you are just moving to move.
    If you are moving to win the fight, maybe you move left to get away from his hook to the body, but you are also looking to land punches- your movement should facilitate that. Charlo wasn't looking to set up punches.
    On top of that, Canelo kept throwing his right hand to Charlo's left shoulder. He was doing that to take Charlo's jab but, in my estimation, to make Charlo move back in front of him so that Canelo could hit him with his hook. In the 7th round he altered the course of the punch and hurt Charlo with a pretty good right hand.
    All in all, Charlo didn't come to fight and Canelo didn't invest much in taking advantage of that.

Thread Information