Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How confident are you that AJ will beat Wilder?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How confident are you that AJ will beat Wilder?

As a percentage how confident are you that AJ will beat Wilder after the Helenius fight?

I have always thought that AJ would beat Wilder, in fact I thought he would brutally knockout Deontay.

Then after the defeats from Ruiz and Usyk I became less sure that AJ would win as Wilder was a champion making 10 defences of his title and his willingness to take brutal punishment from Tyson Fury in their 3rd fight.

Deontay is more than a wild puncher but not technically as good as AJ. Both have fragile chins and have the power to knockout each other.

So my answer is 55% AJ to win 45% Wilder
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How confident are you that AJ will beat Wilder?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    As a percentage how confident are you that AJ will beat Wilder after the Helenius fight?

I have always thought that AJ would beat Wilder, in fact I thought he would brutally knockout Deontay.

Then after the defeats from Ruiz and Usyk I became less sure that AJ would win as Wilder was a champion making 10 defences of his title and his willingness to take brutal punishment from Tyson Fury in their 3rd fight.

Deontay is more than a wild puncher but not technically as good as AJ. Both have fragile chins and have the power to knockout each other.

So my answer is 55% AJ to win 45% Wilder
    85%
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I favor Joshua over the latest Wilder I know. Would have loved to see Wilder show genuine interest and execution by taking a fight with say Jermaine Franklin. Or anyone with a pulse for that matter not named Fury over the last 4 years. He really didn't have an option on willingness to take punishment with Fury as it was coming one way or another . And the result remained the same...and far more costly in repeated fashion. I like the jab of AJ and subtle tweeks to ultimately unravel the latest Wilder. And no way Wilder goes in that inactive after finding his way out of a perfect contender fight with Ruiz. His mouth says one thing, but actions say something different.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

60-40 in favour of wilder.

AJ could stop him and if it went distance everything says he'll get the UD. But he's hittable and I can't see wilder not connecting over twelve rounds and if he does it would likely be over.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'd have it sixty forty aj at this point. aj reminds me of hector camacho after the edwin rosario fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    60-40 in favour of wilder.

AJ could stop him and if it went distance everything says he'll get the UD. But he's hittable and I can't see wilder not connecting over twelve rounds and if he does it would likely be over.

This sounds about right to me. This fight will be the tale of two fragile egos. Joshua will have to walk through the fire to get to the range where his combos will be effective. Dangerous because Joshua gets caught by loopers (ruiz) but also those straight punches that pokes holes through his guard (vlad). This could be as easy as AJ slipping the jab and getting into mid range before wilders bread and butter shot leaves the barrel, keeping his right hand high to block the left hook and then counter to start his work on the inside. Eventually, he'll catch Wilder and hurt him. If Aj cant do that, just get inside, just lean on him till the old ghosts takes Wilder's legs and ego.
    The biggest train wreck comes after AJ scores a knock down. He can't afford to get overconfident and get clipped by Wilder like he has before. a shot from Wilder can end it. Wilder has the edge in resilience.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would pay to see it?

They are both Div 2 Heavyweights, one humiliated by Fury, the other by Usyck.

Sorry to sit on the fence.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two of the biggest punching heavyweights with suspect chins.

What is not to like about this exciting matchup?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder Ko 2
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd defo pay to see this one. AJ matchv wilder and usyk v wilder are more appealing as a spectacle for me than fury v usyk.

Don't get me wrong though as a boxing fan the fury usyk match up is priority.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Serious Question and I'm not completely arguing your statement, just curtious. But would you say Wilder and Joshua have suspect chins ?
    Joshua has been stopped once in however many fights he's had and not looked "wobbly" many times.
    Wilder got stopped by a 20 stone 6ft 10in Behemoth that some people think is the best HW on the planet. He was a bit wobbly in the Ortiz fight , am I missing any other occasions? Again he's had 40 odd fights I think.
    I'm not sure that when you're getting hit by these fucking juggernauts nowadays , that is enough to constitute a suspect chin ?
    now, Amir Khan , yeah he had a suspect chin!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is about 6 years too late. Should have happened right after AJ knocked out Wlad. But that's boxing where the best don't fight each other until years later or at all. I also don't have any confidence that Fury will fight Usyk or AJ.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Serious Question and I'm not completely arguing your statement, just curtious. But would you say Wilder and Joshua have suspect chins ?
    Joshua has been stopped once in however many fights he's had and not looked "wobbly" many times.
    Wilder got stopped by a 20 stone 6ft 10in Behemoth that some people think is the best HW on the planet. He was a bit wobbly in the Ortiz fight , am I missing any other occasions? Again he's had 40 odd fights I think.
    I'm not sure that when you're getting hit by these fucking juggernauts nowadays , that is enough to constitute a suspect chin ?
    Wilder has been rocked by a couple of fighters in his title defences. Fury is not a big single puncher yet has stopped Wilder twice.

AJ was wobbled by Whyte and knocked down by Wlad and out by Ruiz.

That constitutes suspect chins.

Still an exciting fight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has been rocked by a couple of fighters in his title defences. Fury is not a big single puncher yet has stopped Wilder twice.

Still an exciting fight.
    An exciting fight if it goes through and gets made, same with Fury fighting them all. I just got done watching a fan made career perspective of Riddick Bowe and thought wow, besides Holyfield he never fought Tyson, Lewis, Tua, Grant, Morrison, Foreman, Mercer, etc. Remember when Bowe threw his belt in the trash rather than fight Lewis? And Tyson with the exception of Lewis didn't fight those guys either. Holyfied being the great warrior he was fought them all with the exception of Grant and Tua. And the 90s heavyweight scene was considered to be the 2nd greatest HW era after the '70s. But by this time you can tell something was really wrong with the sport when the best don't fight the best. Just think Wilder vs Joshua should have happened years ago when both were undefeated.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still an exciting fight.
    Fair Comment.
    So does Fury have a suspect chin , because he was wobbled by McDermott and put down by Wilder?
    I take your point , but my point is that it’s the Heavyweights, these are big guys and even someone like Fury , who is not a renowned Puncher can clump .There’s a lot of weight and power going into those punches.
    So Usyk has a suspect chin, so does AJ, Wilder, Whyte, Joyce, Dubois, Ruiz. Have I missed anyone out?

Thread Information