Maybe I am getting sentimental in my old age, but I am starting to appreciate Canelo a bit more. He started his career at 15 years old and held a version of the light middle world title at 20 years of age. He is now near the end of his career and is undisputed super middleweight champion.

Sure, he was expected to beat Munguia but he was facing an younger, hungrier, taller and undefeated boxer who wanted to win the title. I had Jaime winning the first 3 rounds and thought he was going to cause the upset but the uppercut by Canelo to knock down the challenger in the 4th was impressive.

Canelo took over from that point and was landing the more accurate and harder punches. Munguia was giving his all in that title challenge and did let his hands go. Canelo fought right in front of him and has a very strong chin.

It was a good contest and maybe we should appreciate a once great champion coming to the end of his career taking on good stern challenges?

BTW The ref was in love with himself and tried to make it about him. He should stay out of the contest.