Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder's latest excuse

Wilder has now said his journey to the location of the bout caused problems for him.

As normal, the Bronze Bomber trained in his home country.

However, Parker trains with Andy Lee, often alongside Tyson Fury, and so did much of his camp in the UK.

Therefore, Wilder has claimed his opponent had an advantage in the fact that he did not have to travel as far to get to Riyadh.

“It was a boring fight, nothing really happened," Wilder told ESNews.

"I went right back to training the next day.

"He really didn't do nothing, they just went off the little flurries or whatever.

"In the training for that I had to travel two times, 20 hours of travelling.

"And those guys were already in Europe, they were only two or three hours away.

"I'm not complaining, I'm just saying what I had to go through.”

Wilder went on to add: "Camp-wise, we were prepared for everything.

"Sparring went well, we didn't get enough sparring that we wanted to get in with the time period that we had but we got some good sparring in.

"And the sessions that we got in, they were good sessions but when I got into the actual ring it was a little hard for me to pull the trigger as people saw.

"My timing was very off, I would come back to the ring and be like, 'Damn, why can't I pull the trigger? What the f***?'

"I had those moments but it's okay. I'm glad I got to experience a lot of things that's it in boxing.

"A lot of things I had to go through that I never thought I'd have to experience in life. But sometimes it's like that."

https://talksport.com/sport/1746976/...joseph-parker/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder's latest excuse

That’s fine. If it’s too far for the useless prick to travel, then he won’t need to do it again, will he?
    So either he can retire, or fight some non contenders in Tuscaloosa for 50 bucks. Entirely up to him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Parkers shorts were far nicer too. Is it any wonder Wilder couldn't get the W?

Pressumably this is one half of the exchange that took place between Wilder and whoever was doing the interview? The second half being, what Wilder said after the interviewer said are you fucking mental mate?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder got schooled
    Wilder could have got there 2 months ahead of the fight & the outcome would have been the same

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine being relentlessly hyped as big a puncher as Mike Tyson and coming out with some limp noodle excuse like "He really didn't do nothing, they just went off the little flurries or whatever." Little flurries, boring and did nothing. Yet he sat there with zero idea or intent.

Cramps? Broke a nail maybe. I think the worst thing to happen to Wilder over the last few years was the guarantee of multi millions in a Saudi lottery. He literally shut down and sat waiting like all he had to do was show up and yell Bomb squad a few times. That hunger can evaporate too, and it did.

Thread Information