Professional boxer vs media athlete. Haney is going to hurt Ryan

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

Media Athlete is a bit harsh. Garcia has 200 odd amateur fights. Good pro. He's legit. Yes he plays the social media game well? I'm not sure if well is the right word to be honest. In the snippets I've seen he appears to be anything but well. He looks like he's having a breakdown. That said. Yes I think he's out of his depth.

Haney's father strikes me as repellent cunt devoid of any class. Horrible human.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World champion Devin Haney says Ryan Garcia's "antics will betray him" as the challenger continued their bitter rivalry with unsavoury exchanges before Saturday's light-welterweight contest.

The Americans, both 25, will meet at the Barclay Center, Brooklyn, New York.

Garcia launched a foul-mouthed tirade at both Haney and a member of the crowd at Thursday's news conference.

"The antics are almost done. This isn't an easy fight but a fight I will make look easy," Haney said.

"I have my tunnel vision. It will show. All his antics and all the things he has been doing will betray him and it will show."

Haney pushed fellow Californian Garcia in the face during a promotional meet-up at the top of New York's Empire State Building on Tuesday, and the bad blood that has dominated the build-up continued two days later.

Garcia - who has spoken openly about his mental health struggles in the past - has posted several erratic, often unsubstantiated and defamatory, social media posts in recent months, leading to concerns from the boxing community over his wellbeing.

"What do you guys want me to say? I've already said everything," he said.

Garcia - who boasts 24 wins with one defeat and is known for his blistering hand speed - then repeatedly yelled "I'm on fire" and "I'm strong" before returning his seat.

Moments later, he directed a number of expletive-laden insults towards a Haney supporter in the audience.

Two-weight world champion Haney, dressed in all black with matching sunglasses and gloves, remained expressionless.

Haney will make a first defence of his 140lb crown. He has won all 31 pro bouts and is widely considered one of boxing's pound-for-pound stars.

His father and trainer, Bill Haney, and promoter, Eddie Hearn, suggested Garcia's behaviour should not been taken seriously.

"The promotion you have given this fight has been unbelievable. Baffling, but unbelievable," Hearn told Garcia.

Haney Sr added: "Ryan has fooled the people into thinking he's something other than a great fighter," before handing Garcia a book titled Psychology for Dummies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hrgtbt
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems Princess Ry is 3 pounds overweight.
    Perfect.
    Now to add insult to injury to pocket damage.
    Sounds like 1.5 million will be the penalty.
    That... plus a total Haney beatdown victory... should make the Princess find another line of work.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should the fight be allowed to continue? Garcia is not mentally ready.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Media Athlete is a bit harsh. Garcia has 200 odd amateur fights. Good pro. He's legit. Yes he plays the social media game well? I'm not sure if well is the right word to be honest. In the snippets I've seen he appears to be anything but well. He looks like he's having a breakdown. That said. Yes I think he's out of his depth.

Haney's father strikes me as repellent cunt devoid of any class. Horrible human.
    At one time yes Ryan was a young dedicated boxer. He was a legit prospect. That Ryan is long gone. All that is left is the athletic media prostitute that we see today

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing is fucked.
    Garcia missing weight and coming on stage necking a beer and swearing like a trooper - wanker
    Bill Haney and Bernard Hopkins trying to stir up shit (more Bill Haney I have to say.) - wankers
    Oscar acting like he’s panicking , but secretly loving this pantomime- wanker
    Eddie Hearn - wanker , yes, but totally out of his depth in this shit.
    There is only one person in this whole shit show that holds his head high and acts professionally and that’s Devin Haney . And I almost feel sorry for him amongst all these idiots.
    Ridiculous
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I'm gonna differ here... realizing I'm gonna come across as a heartless person.

Not allowing the fight to continue because Garcia "is not mentally ready"??

This is professional prize fighting. Haney and his camp have dedicated their hearts and souls to preparing for this fight. You mean to tell me that because "Garcia is not mentally ready"... that all of a sudden the fight should not be allowed to continue?? Nah. This isn't kindergarten. This isn't summer camp. This is a professional boxing event with lots of people involved and money invested. People (for some strange reason) have paid good money to see this fight.

Tell you what. If the fight isn't allowed to continue because "Garcia is not mentally ready"... then his professional boxing license should be revoked. If he can't act like the professional he's supposed to be, then the hell with him. Personally, I tired of his antics and his prancing around social media a LONG TIME AGO. To me, he's the epitome of what's wrong with boxing nowadays.

Imagine if a Wimbledon final was cancelled because suddenly one of the participants wasn't "mentally ready." There'd be HELL to pay.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

This is professional prize fighting. Haney and his camp have dedicated their hearts and souls to preparing for this fight. You mean to tell me that because "Garcia is not mentally ready"... that all of a sudden the fight should not be allowed to continue?? Nah. This isn't kindergarten. This isn't summer camp. This is a professional boxing event with lots of people involved and money invested. People (for some strange reason) have paid good money to see this fight.

Tell you what. If the fight isn't allowed to continue because "Garcia is not mentally ready"... then his professional boxing license should be revoked. If he can't act like the professional he's supposed to be, then the hell with him. Personally, I tired of his antics and his prancing around social media a LONG TIME AGO. To me, he's the epitome of what's wrong with boxing nowadays.

Imagine if a Wimbledon final was cancelled because suddenly one of the participants wasn't "mentally ready." There'd be HELL to pay.
    Definitely! What @Master is saying is this twat Garcia is not in a fit state to fight because he’s “Mentally not ready.” This means it could be dangerous for him and he could get seriously hurt.
    Which leads me to Bill Haney doing his Drago impression (if he dies , he dies) on more than one occasion. Not helpful.
    And what satisfaction does Devin Haney (who I feel sorry for) get from beating a guy who just is not capable?
    Are we at the stage where the circus is more important than the boxing?
    Fuck Garcia , Fuck Jake Paul , fuck Bill Haney , fuck the spineless Alphabet bodies , fuck De La Hoya , Hearn and all the rest of the idiots dragging the sport into the gutter.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was thinking of going devin by dq in the prediction contest
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i was thinking of going devin by dq in the prediction contest
    Not a bad shout.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's an odd feeling really but any interest in this fight for me has evaporated. Every take I've had can admittedly sound like the old geezer shouting at the sky in his front yard but I've never been "turned off" from a decent size match like I have for this one. I just don't care. This best thing that can happen is for it to just be over, and of course for Ryan to lose soundly. I found myself thinking of him as I had about Jake Paul or even Ngannou to a degree. His presence and raving toddler bullshit is a stain and a W behind it would be horrible going forward. Flaunting unprofessionalism and intentionally missing weight, disrespect by the boat load on and on. This is the lowest cheapest unhinged form of pre fight I can recall, and yes I recall Mayorga perfectly. But it wasn't constant and in 3D, And on top of that at least Mayorga actually won a major fight or 3 before his crazy train really took off. Ryan isn't cosplaying as a tweeker for a ring brand building or to grow sport legacy, he's appealing to the lowest common denominator and idiots that cheer this horseshit on for likes and social media clout, that's it. I keep seeing the line "it's just hype for the fight". I'll tell you what if a person is actually capable of turning that on and off in an instant then they really do have a serious mental disorder or they need to be in a major drug rehabilitation program. His entire camp, trainer, Oscar, supporters have failed by not standing up to some of this conduct and calling him on the floor for it. If you gotta stoop this low and desperate, were you really that draw people thought you were. Best thing for the sport is Ryan losing and him going the fook away.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Definitely! What @Master is saying is this twat Garcia is not in a fit state to fight because he’s “Mentally not ready.” This means it could be dangerous for him and he could get seriously hurt.
    Which leads me to Bill Haney doing his Drago impression (if he dies , he dies) on more than one occasion. Not helpful.
    And what satisfaction does Devin Haney (who I feel sorry for) get from beating a guy who just is not capable?
    Are we at the stage where the circus is more important than the boxing?
    Fuck Garcia , Fuck Jake Paul , fuck Bill Haney , fuck the spineless Alphabet bodies , fuck De La Hoya , Hearn and all the rest of the idiots dragging the sport into the gutter.
    That, that right there! And sadly we are. Imagine being on the undercard getting a first major spotlight not even getting 10 seconds on the mic because they are all pointed at the unhinged man-child on stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else staying up for this?

Normally this would be one for the highlights in the morning but I've been coned in to ppv by Ryan's Antics.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Anyone else staying up for this?

Normally this would be one for the highlights in the morning but I've been coned in to ppv by Ryan's Antics.
    i'm here. just watched the prelims
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information