Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

i've got devin ahead by four points after eight rounds
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gave devin the nineth
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan keeps on turning his back. Not sure of the strategy there. Haney rocked again in rd 10

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

devin down again early in the tenth. he survives the round

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

devin down again in the eleventh. i've got devin ahead by one point heading into the last round

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gave ryan the twelfth. i have it a draw. take a bow king ry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am humble enough to admit that I got this fight prediction totally wrong, I honestly thought Haney would be too much skill for Garcia. Added the antics and craziness by Ryan in the pre fight build up. I admit total prediction defeat.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one judge has it even. one judge has it by four rounds, the other has it by six points for the winner by majority decision. king ry. someone check on titofan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a beating

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well , it’s official! I know fuck all about Boxing! Have to catch up with this later.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    one judge has it even. one judge has it by four rounds, the other has it by six points for the winner by majority decision. king ry. someone check on titofan

I'm here, bro. (LOL)

Just waking up to this. Well I'll be damned...
    There's no shutting up this kid now.

Obviously I didn't see the fight, so I can't comment on that. But the shock waves and effects on boxing as we know it will be anybody's guess. A borderline emotionally ill, entitled, prima donna, undisciplined (hence the 3.2 pounds overweight), totally unlikable kid... beats the guy who some, I dare say, had as close to p4p as maybe top 3 or something (not me).

IMO, it's a sad day for boxing. In fact, I may stay off Facebook for at least a couple of months.

The question is:

Is this vindication for the Princess?
    Or an indictment on Haney?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

I'm here, bro. (LOL)

Just waking up to this. Well I'll be damned...
    There's no shutting up this kid now.

Obviously I didn't see the fight, so I can't comment on that. But the shock waves and effects on boxing as we know it will be anybody's guess. A borderline emotionally ill, entitled, prima donna, undisciplined (hence the 3.2 pounds overweight), totally unlikable kid... beats the guy who some, I dare say, had as close to p4p as maybe top 3 or something (not me).

IMO, it's a sad day for boxing. In fact, I may stay off Facebook for at least a couple of months.

The question is:

Is this vindication for the Princess?
    Or an indictment on Haney?
    i have to give ryan credit. almost no one gave him a chance. he blew the weight but devin agreed to the fight continuing so no excuses. i think it also highlighted the chink in devin's armour that we were all aware off. after seeing devin against regis he looked a lot sturdier so i wasn't expecting to see him go down like that. the decision could have gone either way so a rematch is warranted. golden boy should do king ry v conor benn next. reposting this ring cover

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I spent no time at all reading or watching anything about this fight. I was vaguely aware of the ongoing soap opera but wasn't interested enough to take any notice. Wasn't even planning to watch it but circumstances conspired and I did and it was a hell of a fight. Haney is no pushover but Garcia wrecked him. Whatever you say about Garcia he has talent and regardless of what he does outside the ring he was box office last night.

As far as the actual fight went Haney looked tiny next to him was the biggest thing I noticed. He'll fight Davis somewhere along the line now I'm sure and I'd put money on Davis knocking him out.

As far as the Garcia soap opera goes the kid has spent his entire life in boxing. He's made it to the top and knows it's a short career and wants to maximise his earnings. He's seen the kind of revenue the youtubers and other freak show people can generate from their social media followings and he's doing the same thing. Marrying actual elite level talent with all the social media circus stuff promises to make him enormous amounts of dollars and good luck to him.

Like I said I wasn't paying any attention to the fight. I assumed the kid was self destructing and I'm sure there's a grain of truth in that, I don't think his ongoing meltdown is entirely a con, and I thought Oscar was cashing in on him before he blew up completely. And that actually may be the case. I was looking at Fishnets's shit eating grin in the ring after the fight and wondering is this a guy who put all his chips on a last chance Hail Mary with a guy about to self destruct and it came off or somebody who knew his guy was fooling everybody. We'll find out eventually I'm sure.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missed everything last night but did manage to get half the garage paneled and pork butt smoked . So degenerative infancy conquers all it turns out. Without seeing the specs it sounds like power won over Haney who was throwing nerf balls and showed a pretty brittle beard. Haney kept getting up, Ryan kept putting him down and did not finish him but just as good with the beat up. The blown weight and glaring unprofessionalism are swept under the rug as if it never existed. And guys intentionally blowing weight as to not "drain" down for added advantage thus forfeiting titles is not a Ryan camp creation they're just another extension. The prefight BS and celebrated childishness remains what it was in my honest opinion and we're likely to see more of it. Yeah boxing . No idea where they go but it seems both might want to consider moving up. Again didn't see Haney in full fight or real time but sounds like he was pretty frail after the connects.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Missed everything last night but did manage to get half the garage paneled and pork butt smoked . So degenerative infancy conquers all it turns out. Without seeing the specs it sounds like power won over Haney who was throwing nerf balls and showed a pretty brittle beard. Haney kept getting up, Ryan kept putting him down and did not finish him but just as good with the beat up. The blown weight and glaring unprofessionalism are swept under the rug as if it never existed. And guys intentionally blowing weight as to not "drain" down for added advantage thus forfeiting titles is not a Ryan camp creation they're just another extension. The prefight BS and celebrated childishness remains what it was in my honest opinion and we're likely to see more of it. Yeah boxing . No idea where they go but it seems both might want to consider moving up. Again didn't see Haney in full fight or real time but sounds like he was pretty frail after the connects.

Haney looks far too small for 140 never mind 147. When you see it you'll be shocked how small he looks. Any 140 pounder anywhere near the top of the rankings who is a monstor for his weight will be thinking I can't outbox him but I could walk right through him.

What precise part of the pig did you smoke and in what fashion?

Thread Information