Tomorrow is that day. But honestly, are people losing their minds over this or what? I get the celestial intrigue and rarity but jebus talk about 24-7 coverage. I won't call it panic but maybe blown out of proportion? Or maybe we're in an age where people want something bigger to grasp onto? Outside of the existing day to day norms and routines. I woke up today and have seen multiple places declare a "state of emergency". In fairness it's more for logistics and traffic patterns possibly. I saw a hotel in its direct path is now charging $1k a night for what is really a 3,4,5 minute event . I would never imagine spending a thousand dollars for a 5 minute event in some seedy hotel

They've even closed many schools locally. It seems as though we just look for reasons to close schools now and send the children running home. Now if they were closing classes and making some kind of 'learning event' out of the eclipse that would be awesome. Hand out the glasses and have the class watch and document maybe. Sadly though they are probably closing fearing lawsuits if little Johnny looks at the eclipse and is blinded on school property.