Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Did PBF need to fight Judah?

Because baldomir had the belts, he's better than Judah, so why didn't floyd fight him? Oh I know...because people would still say "well he didn't fight Judah" even though Judah lost his title to Baldomir...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did PBF need to fight Judah?

He could have fought Baldomir and won and then the media would say it was a "no risk" fight. So he fights Judah in a "risk" fight and people bash him because Judah was coming off a loss.

judah was the more dangerous opponent imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    He could have fought Baldomir and won and then the media would say it was a "no risk" fight. So he fights Judah in a "risk" fight and people bash him because Judah was coming off a loss.

judah was the more dangerous opponent imo.
    I agree..that's why I say he should fight whoever he wants because it doesn't matter someone will always have something to say...but he better fwooking fight hatton before its over or I'm going to be pissed....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are always going to bash the best. Tyson, Jones, Mayweather all get critised for no competition, not fighting other people etc its just part of boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baldomir is in no way shape or form better than Judah...Judah is a great fighter ( as far as skills go) Judahs weakness is mental he just seens to lose focus in his fights and for some reason he can not recover and change his game plan...IMO a new trainer needs to come in and help work on that...Im not saying Judah should get rid of his father but he needs someone else there to work on the things his father cant seem to fix....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It depends on how you look at it. If you were looking for him to fight a skilled opponent then Judah was the fight. But if you were looking for him to hold a belt then Baldomir was the fight. PBF gets bashed either way. He fought Judah, but gets bashed for getting a paper belt. If he would have fought Baldomir people would have said that he is just taking the easier fight.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only boxer Mayweather 'needs' to fight is Hatton, and vice versa. Every other boxer each one steps into the ring with until that time is merely a tune up until they meet. If Hatton's US debut is as successful as his fights in London, Mayweather-Hatton will set up to be the first real mega fight of the decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Baldomir is in no way shape or form better than Judah...Judah is a great fighter ( as far as skills go) Judahs weakness is mental he just seens to lose focus in his fights and for some reason he can not recover and change his game plan...IMO a new trainer needs to come in and help work on that...Im not saying Judah should get rid of his father but he needs someone else there to work on the things his father cant seem to fix....
    Obviously baldomir is better than judah...mental capacity is part of the skill-set...and head to head BALDOMIR=1 WIN JUDAH = 1 LOSS...so therefore it's rather simple to determine who's better...Judah is 29 no way near over the hill he's in his prime and lost to baldomir...so this is an undisputable fact that in their only fight Baldomir won a UD...so how can you even attempt to say Judah is better? Based off physical attributes, judah might make a better athlete, but this is boxing not the decathalon...and in the boxing ring Baldomir is better....just check to see who got the W and who got the L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    Obviously baldomir is better than judah...mental capacity is part of the skill-set...and head to head BALDOMIR=1 WIN JUDAH = 1 LOSS...so therefore it's rather simple to determine who's better...Judah is 29 no way near over the hill he's in his prime and lost to baldomir...so this is an undisputable fact that in their only fight Baldomir won a UD...so how can you even attempt to say Judah is better? Based off physical attributes, judah might make a better athlete, but this is boxing not the decathalon...and in the boxing ring Baldomir is better....just check to see who got the W and who got the L
    srry but the Judah who fought Floyd would of beaten Boldimor imo
    No offence but you sound small minded, Im guessing you think Montel Griifin is better than James Toney aswell. Here's another eg......from your perspective there was no way that Manny Pacquioa was better than Morales after their first encounter.
    But what do you know, when they had a rematch Manny knocked him out and proved he was the better fighter.
    Boldimor got lucky, he caught Zab Judah on a bad night.....that was not the same fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know the_One,I can see Baldozar catching Zab again if they had a rematch and Zab running for the rest of the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    No offence but you sound small minded, Im guessing you think Montel Griifin is better than James Toney aswell. Here's another eg......from your perspective there was no way that Manny Pacquioa was better than Morales after their first encounter.
    But what do you know, when they had a rematch Manny knocked him out and proved he was the better fighter.
    Boldimor got lucky, he caught Zab Judah on a bad night.....that was not the same fighter.
    Small minded...LOL...Why because I use facts to prove my points and not my emotions or speculative opinions? Fact is this: Judah lost to Baldomir this makes him better period...when they fought the better man won...

As far as MG and JT, didn't Griffin beat him twice? and yet you imply that Toney is better, what facts do you have to back this up....Yeah Toney might have a better resume, but against MG...Griffin is the better fighter check the two wins for proof...the same with Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe...Bowe 2wins 1 loss...Evander's resume is better...but against Bowe...Bowe is better than him....

P-MAN and Morralles...in the first fight Morralles was better that why he won...in the second fight Pac was better...so they're even...but you're only as good as your last fight and this makes Pac better...but fortunately they're going to have a tie-break that will settle it for good...

I hope you get the point..Just using hardcore facts and the fight footage if you need to...Baldomir is better than Judah...Once again BALDOMIR 1 WIN
    JUDAH 1 LOSS....Ask yourself this: When Judah fought Baldomir who won? and you'll have your answer as to who is better....You thought Judah was better but obviously at Madison Square Garden you clearly were shown that you thought wrong....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baldomir isn't even close to as good as the Judah that fought Mayweather last weekend. I said earlier on that this would be the hardest fight out there for Mayweather, and then due to people like Sal getting saying MAyweather would be knocked out I lessened Judah's odds, but I come back to my original opinion that Judah was the hardest fight out there for Mayweather just because of his power and speed which nobody else can come close to comparing with when he's actually focused. Look at the rounds where Judah actually tried against Baldomir... Baldomir couldn't do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Small minded...LOL...Why because I use facts to prove my points and not my emotions or speculative opinions? Fact is this: Judah lost to Baldomir this makes him better period...when they fought the better man won...

As far as MG and JT, didn't Griffin beat him twice? and yet you imply that Toney is better, what facts do you have to back this up....Yeah Toney might have a better resume, but against MG...Griffin is the better fighter check the two wins for proof...the same with Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe...Bowe 2wins 1 loss...Evander's resume is better...but against Bowe...Bowe is better than him....

P-MAN and Morralles...in the first fight Morralles was better that why he won...in the second fight Pac was better...so they're even...but you're only as good as your last fight and this makes Pac better...but fortunately they're going to have a tie-break that will settle it for good...

I hope you get the point..Just using hardcore facts and the fight footage if you need to...Baldomir is better than Judah...Once again BALDOMIR 1 WIN
    JUDAH 1 LOSS....Ask yourself this: When Judah fought Baldomir who won? and you'll have your answer as to who is better....You thought Judah was better but obviously at Madison Square Garden you clearly were shown that you thought wrong....
    you're missing my point, Boldimor got lucky on the night where Judah came in unprepared....thus him losing. As Taeth said, the Judah that fought Mayweather in my opinion would of beaten Boldimor.
    I do not think Boldimor is the better fighter overall, but Judah just has to prove that come rematch time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because baldomir had the belts, he's better than Judah, so why didn't floyd fight him? Oh I know...because people would still say "well he didn't fight Judah" even though Judah lost his title to Baldomir...
    there would have been no pussier way for him to become a 4 division champ then to go for baldomir...

oh yeah, besides sending roger in to choke a better opponent during the 10th round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Zab who fought Floyd in the first 4 rounds against Baldomir in a rematch would destroy Baldomir.
    But the Zab who fought Floyd in the last 8 rounds would have dropped another to Baldomir.
    So in a way I agree with JonesJrMayweather. The mental game, when to your advantage, can overcome glaring skill-level differences.
    If Baldmoir and Zab had a skills competition, Zab would beat him in almost every category.
    But the fact that he can't sustain it in a 12 round fight is more than half the story.

Zab could've beat this guy if he did this...
    Zab could've beat that guy if he did that...
    The fact that he doesn't do those things is the story.

But all in all, Floyd vs. Zab was a great fight choice in my opinion.
    Zab has the tools to stop a mayweather.
    The main tool, he can match Floyd in speed when he wants to.
    Of all the 140-147 fighters, I believe Zab has the best chance at beating Floyd based on speed alone.
    So the fact that he took this fight with the reward of a paper championship, and the risk of severely tarnishing his reputation with a loss to Zab who just came off a loss to Baldomir, it was a pretty big gamble for Floyd.
    Risky fight choice that paid off.
    Great fights to come.
    Floyd is on his way.

Thread Information