Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "Prince" Naseem Hamed v Marco Antonio Barrera

"Prince" Naseem Hamed v Marco Antonio Barrera

I watched this fight the other day, and scored it, and even with Marco's deducted point had it as...

"Prince" Naseem Hamed 111

Marco Antonio Barrera 117

One thing that annoyed me, even though I am a massive Barrera fan, is that Naz never gave his all.

Whether this was due to the fact that Barrera was technically "too" good, he didnt come for the war, although he could of done, he came to box, and he outboxed Naz so good, Naz didnt have a plan B.

If Naz couldnt knock you out, he struggled. Barrera didnt let him get close.

One thing I also noticed is that Barrera showed no respect to Naz, not in a nasty way, in a way that he wouldnt let Naz get to him mentally. A thing Naz usually worked in to his game to work against his opponent.

I enjoyed the fight, it wasnt a classic, but it just showed the true skill of Barrera, and the fact that Naz although good, he only had a Plan A, and when he came up against the very best, he got found out.

Anyone score it differently?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Prince" Naseem Hamed v Marco Antonio Barrera

HBO and some of the judges...

No one can deny it was a one sided fight no matter how you scored it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man barrera really smoked his nuts this night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shame Naseem never came back, he had alot left
    That loss brought him back to earth, he would of only become better imo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera beat Nas physically and damaged him mentally beyond repair .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Naseems style allowed him a "PLan B"... He was just totally reliant on his natural talent and reflexes.. It's not like he was some great skilled boxer who studied his opponents, he was really dillusional because of his faith, imo.. He thought he could just win the same way every time against anyone because Allah was with him... even though he had a couple close calls which should have been wake up calls(Kelly, Sanchez).. But I guess since he always prevailed before, he thought he could just beat Barerra the same way... Or maybe he thought of the fact that Junior Jones KOed him, even though in that fight Jones was damn sharp and much more orthodox then he was... I really dont know. One things for sure, he retired at the right time. Morales or Pac would have handed him his ass even worse, imo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I don't think Naseems style allowed him a "PLan B"... He was just totally reliant on his natural talent and reflexes.. It's not like he was some great skilled boxer who studied his opponents, he was really dillusional because of his faith, imo.. He thought he could just win the same way every time against anyone because Allah was with him... even though he had a couple close calls which should have been wake up calls(Kelly, Sanchez).. But I guess since he always prevailed before, he thought he could just beat Barerra the same way... Or maybe he thought of the fact that Junior Jones KOed him, even though in that fight Jones was damn sharp and much more orthodox then he was... I really dont know. One things for sure, he retired at the right time. Morales or Pac would have handed him his a** even worse, imo.
    Ironically I think Nas would have done alot better against Pac and Erik . Mainly cuz theyre easier to hit and have nowhere near the technical ability of Barrera which is what nas struggled with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    I don't think Naseems style allowed him a "PLan B"... He was just totally reliant on his natural talent and reflexes.. It's not like he was some great skilled boxer who studied his opponents, he was really dillusional because of his faith, imo.. He thought he could just win the same way every time against anyone because Allah was with him... even though he had a couple close calls which should have been wake up calls(Kelly, Sanchez).. But I guess since he always prevailed before, he thought he could just beat Barerra the same way... Or maybe he thought of the fact that Junior Jones KOed him, even though in that fight Jones was damn sharp and much more orthodox then he was... I really dont know. One things for sure, he retired at the right time. Morales or Pac would have handed him his a** even worse, imo.
    Ironically I think Nas would have done alot better against Pac and Erik . Mainly cuz theyre easier to hit and have nowhere near the technical ability of Barrera which is what nas struggled with

I agree, Marco totally changed the way he came to the fight. He could have gone to war, but because Marco is so good, he studied Naz and simply out-boxed him, and Naz had No Way Out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME

I agree, Marco totally changed the way he came to the fight. He could have gone to war, but because Marco is so good, he studied Naz and simply out-boxed him, and Naz had No Way Out
    Personally I thought Barrera would pressure him for 10 rounds and win on points but he boxed him and surprised everyone . I should have known better cuz looking back ant the Jesus Salud fight ( the 1 before naz ) Barrera was practising his boxing skills and looking good . Nas thought it was all about power but he was forgetting that the only time Barrera had been floored was having got butted by Jones and taking a flush right hand and the slip against Mckinney .

Thread Information