Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I dont get it?? Why do Sky cover Cotto v Malignaggi but not Mayweather v Judah?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I dont get it?? Why do Sky cover Cotto v Malignaggi but not Mayweather v Judah?

Dont get me wrong i cant wait to watch some great boxing from across the pond, but why did Sky not televise Mayweather v Judah, surely it would make sense with there prize guy being Ricky Hatton, do you think Sky are getting there acts together with Dela Hoya and now Cotto on there upcoming schedule??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I dont get it?? Why do Sky cover Cotto v Malignaggi but not Mayweather v Judah?

wouldnt surprise me if they showed mayweather v judah as part of the hatton v collazo sky box office broadcast. they showed mayweather v mitchell on the hatton v maussa show. i agree though. they should have showed it live.theyve showed a few mayweather bouts live in the past.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I dont get it?? Why do Sky cover Cotto v Malignaggi but not Mayweather v Jud

Is there a way to get Sky in the states? It would sure beat ordering all those PPV's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I dont get it?? Why do Sky cover Cotto v Malignaggi but not Mayweather v Judah?

i think it just operates in europe mate

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

u cud probaby get it w/ direct TV, im guessing you cant get judah mayweather cuz the two major promoters wanted alot of money for it

cotto magalini... now how could you charge alot for the rights to air a magalini fight?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beleive it or not, Mayweather is not a pay per view attraction, Gatti was his first ppv appearance and Gatti sold that, which is why he was chosen.

Sky will buy the fights that they deem more interesting, they obviously had a grasp on reality and realised that why would anyone want to see a fighter who was beaten in his last fight v someone whos last fight fought a knockout victim of one of Ricky Hattons stoppage victims

People who watch boxing on sky know Cotto because they have shown him before

Thread Information