Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    6,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Does anybody know especially trainer monkey which I tried sending a message but inbox was full, what shot will almost certaily drop your opponent or have them in real trouble.

    Does it have to be peach on the jaw or ribs, kidneys, is that it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2348
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Tough one......I'm sure Ricky will be able to answer that question when you visit him in the hospital in a couple of weeks








    Hidden Content

    Marching Towards the Abyss...............

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    There are certain nighty night spots,some legal some not.
    Before I go on,you gotta swing all of them like you mean buisness
    Now,head,legal
    Point of the chin,it sends a shock that goes right to the brain
    The two spots where you jawbones change direction towards your chin
    Both temples
    Now illegal
    Both of your occipital bones,the boney ridge right behind your ear
    Also the spot where your spinal cord joins your head,theres a boney ridge there as well

    Body
    Now you put in good work to the abs,youll wear your opponent down,but you wont drop him,until late
    But,if you drop one just inside of the armpit on the ribs,and really drill it,he'll drop,an uppercut there is devestating
    Avoid dead center,not because it doesnt work,its a sport nobodies trying to really kill anybody,theres something there called the zyphoid process,if it snaps off by accident,its a rocket going through the heart.And if it doesnt some guys breastbone will break your freaking hand.
    Illegal,if you can get away with a kidney shot to the back on a clinch,even if it doesnt drop them,it'll set them up nicely

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    6,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    There are certain nighty night spots,some legal some not.
    Before I go on,you gotta swing all of them like you mean buisness
    Now,head,legal
    Point of the chin,it sends a shock that goes right to the brain
    The two spots where you jawbones change direction towards your chin
    Both temples
    Now illegal
    Both of your occipital bones,the boney ridge right behind your ear
    Also the spot where your spinal cord joins your head,theres a boney ridge there as well

    Body
    Now you put in good work to the abs,youll wear your opponent down,but you wont drop him,until late
    But,if you drop one just inside of the armpit on the ribs,and really drill it,he'll drop,an uppercut there is devestating
    Avoid dead center,not because it doesnt work,its a sport nobodies trying to really kill anybody,theres something there called the zyphoid process,if it snaps off by accident,its a rocket going through the heart.And if it doesnt some guys breastbone will break your freaking hand.
    Illegal,if you can get away with a kidney shot to the back on a clinch,even if it doesnt drop them,it'll set them up nicely
    Thanks man CC number 247 you certainly know your training bro.

    As for Kelly (LEGION) am not going to even start with her and from now on I'm not going to say one comment about the Hatton-Mayweather fight until December the 7th when it's heats up as I'm save most my typing for the abuse thread come december the 9th on the main board as I've got my abuse plan already underway.

    Oh and LEGION I won't CC you as you will have 50 by the time december the 8th comes and after that I'll sit back, relax and let you do the clicking hehe

  5. #5
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    Does anybody know especially trainer monkey which I tried sending a message but inbox was full, what shot will almost certaily drop your opponent or have them in real trouble.

    Does it have to be peach on the jaw or ribs, kidneys, is that it
    A good shot to the liver will drop anyone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    5,478
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1142
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    The liver shot certainly works. The solar plexus shot does, too. If you read the accounts of old fights, the right hand to the heart is a legitimate KO blow. Nobody throws that one any more because nobody believes in straight punches any more.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,556
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1744
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    I think that the heart punch, along with hitting all the other vital spots can still be effective today if there are fighters are willing to learn it. Then again real effective body punching has become a lost art.

    I don't think a fighter should imagine threats that aren't there, but I do think that in their training they should have a knowledge of the risks and opportunities that come off of a slip, or outside of an opponent's arm, etc. I think part of the effectiveness of Chavez is that there wasn't a punch/counter that he didn't know how counter himself, and he knew what he was getting into.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up in the attic
    Posts
    26,468
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4095
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    3 inches below the ear where the jugular and aorta cross over each other disrupts the flow in and the flow out of blood pressure to the brain, total lights out.
    Hard shot with boxing gloves better to glance off the side.
    More for open hand or open fingered gloves and styles ,strike with the mid finger knuckles using the oppositions extended arm as a runway into the neck .
    Wrist, elbow ,or forearm arm does the trick entering in from other positions ,the back of the heel on the axe kick.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

    I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    5,478
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1142
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Just to put this on the record: Effective body punching doesn't mean wading in and throwing nothing but punches at his body for 5 rounds. You can be an effective body puncher with 1,2, or 3 punches a fight if they are properly timed and placed.

    That is key to any, ANY, effective punch. Timing. Timing and placement. That is why counters are so much more effective than leaping out and throwing blows.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,799
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2203
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Shots to the kidneys and liver will not put everyone down...
    Iv visited the doctor ion two seperate occasions peeing blood but iv never been down.
    In amateur boxing the best way to put a guy down is the body as they're usually ill prepareds. In general a shot to the place between the abs and hip on the front of the body is lethal.
    091

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Shots to the kidneys and liver will not put everyone down...
    Iv visited the doctor ion two seperate occasions peeing blood but iv never been down.
    In amateur boxing the best way to put a guy down is the body as they're usually ill prepareds. In general a shot to the place between the abs and hip on the front of the body is lethal.
    Not if a guy does a full set of proper crunches,if they work their obliques hard enough youll break your hand first

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,799
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2203
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Surely it's impossible to get ur abdomen that hard.
    091

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Surely it's impossible to get ur abdomen that hard.
    Nope,when I was in proper shape,and not being an old lazy shite,you could have cracked walnuts off my obliques
    Mind you,it takes a hell of alot of crunches to get there,but its very achievable

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,799
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2203
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Right, well i have got to get a plan off you so for abs and obliques....
    091

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    955
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I know the answer sounds obvious but.........

    Sign me up for one of them plans!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Saddo Boxing - Boxing