Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Beyond meat

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,704
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    584
    Cool Clicks

    Default Beyond meat

    So the stock is up 800% in a short period of time. Has anyone tried this product. I guess they make fake meats like steak, burgers and bacon. Apparently it’s very popular. I’d like to at least try it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,617
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1040
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Seen lots of adds for it, guess it has some pretty lucrative deals with fast food places and stuff. My whole problem with vegetarian and vegan food/restaurants in general is that they try to hard to be meat substitutes. What is it going to taste like a rib eye? Of course not, so its going to suck. Nothing wrong with a portobello mushroom or lentil burger if its well done, but just say thats what it is. No interest in even trying it tbh.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,418
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    658
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    The vegan diet is popular so was the veggie one people have fades being trendy etc.
    Beans on toast cheese etc nothing wrong meat is meat stop eating meat to stop you carbon footprint we are going bloody ridiculous.
    You can't say what you like what next you can't eat what you like a nanny state for sure.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,691
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2987
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Big Coney
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    534
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    If you have to eat a meat substitute you ain't over meat

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,690
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    505
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So the stock is up 800% in a short period of time. Has anyone tried this product. I guess they make fake meats like steak, burgers and bacon. Apparently it’s very popular. I’d like to at least try it
    I'm not with this new shit!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,781
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4726
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    I'd try it but seems a bit costly at around 6-7 bucks for two pre made patties. Have to wonder what percentage of staunch vegans would have a convulsion merely purchasing something with Meat in the title. All plant based couldn't you eat it 'raw' .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,704
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    584
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'd try it but seems a bit costly at around 6-7 bucks for two pre made patties. Have to wonder what percentage of staunch vegans would have a convulsion merely purchasing something with Meat in the title. All plant based couldn't you eat it 'raw' .
    I guess you could eat it raw. Apparently they are going to be using beat juice to give the “meat” a bloody effect when cut into

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,512
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1643
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    "Beyond meat"....... "beat juice"......... no offense but the thread is starting to sound like the reviews of a cheap porn movie.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,781
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4726
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'd try it but seems a bit costly at around 6-7 bucks for two pre made patties. Have to wonder what percentage of staunch vegans would have a convulsion merely purchasing something with Meat in the title. All plant based couldn't you eat it 'raw' .
    I guess you could eat it raw. Apparently they are going to be using beat juice to give the “meat” a bloody effect when cut into
    That's def different but might add something to it. Can't imagine vegans being ok with fake blood for design purposes .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,781
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4726
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    "Beyond meat"....... "beat juice"......... no offense but the thread is starting to sound like the reviews of a cheap porn movie.
    Meatless porno, review ratings in 1-5 sesame seeds . Has to be a scissor fest.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,691
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2987
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'd try it but seems a bit costly at around 6-7 bucks for two pre made patties. Have to wonder what percentage of staunch vegans would have a convulsion merely purchasing something with Meat in the title. All plant based couldn't you eat it 'raw' .
    I guess you could eat it raw. Apparently they are going to be using beat juice to give the “meat” a bloody effect when cut into
    That's def different but might add something to it. Can't imagine vegans being ok with fake blood for design purposes .
    Why not? They already did "Tofurkey" where they press their tofu into the shape of a turkey soooooo yeah....
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,781
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4726
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'd try it but seems a bit costly at around 6-7 bucks for two pre made patties. Have to wonder what percentage of staunch vegans would have a convulsion merely purchasing something with Meat in the title. All plant based couldn't you eat it 'raw' .
    I guess you could eat it raw. Apparently they are going to be using beat juice to give the “meat” a bloody effect when cut into
    That's def different but might add something to it. Can't imagine vegans being ok with fake blood for design purposes .
    Why not? They already did "Tofurkey" where they press their tofu into the shape of a turkey soooooo yeah....
    Just seems a bit contradictory for someone who may be a hardcore (is that a thing ) vegan for the sake of a selling point.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,172
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1669
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    A matter of time before the beef industry is decimated. The Impossible burger with genetically modified heme sounds like a winner. Once they start increasing volume the price will fall to nothing and the only beef still farmed will be quality stuff for steak restaurants and table joints. Until they engineer a steak that's better than the real thing. I bought a fancy heritage breed cattle dry aged in a Himalayan salt chamber rib of beef from supposedly the best butcher in the country a while ago and compared to a venison joint that I did at the time it was completely tasteless even though cooked to perfection. It ended up in the dogs and we ate the venison. There's a lot of room for improvement with beef.

    https://www.outsideonline.com/239973...-meat-alt-meat

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,157
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    360
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Beyond meat

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    ""Beat my meat beyond the juice"......... no offense but the thread is starting to sound like the reviews of a cheap porn movie.
    There, fixed it foe' ya!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Lab grown meat
    By walrus in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2018, 08:23 AM
  2. How do you know when meat has gone bad?
    By 0james0 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 12:35 PM
  3. Vic and Bob in meat festival
    By AdamGB in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 04:17 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing