Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is stopping Canelo from fighting Benavidez?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WTF is stopping Canelo from fighting Benavidez?

Ok enough with the fukking excuses already. Benavidez is the elephant in the room... and no one seems to give a damn. Last I heard Benavidez is offering $50M to Ginger. What's the holdup?

But no... we're focused on Benavidez fighting David Morrell... while Canelo gets just a tad older and seeks some "gimmes" to round out his Hollywood resume.

Here are the different scenarios for Canelo:

1. Fighting Benavidez

Canelo knows he'll get his ass kicked... and he already had enough of that with Bivol. Any more of that... and it may mess with his movie deals down the line. So no... Canelo will continue ignoring the elephant in the room.

2. Fighting Bivol

Canelo insists on the rematch at 175. Bivol had said he wanted it at 168... but appears to have lost interest. WTF... he was the one who kicked Canelo's ass. Why should Canelo call the shots? Personally... I'd love for Bivol to KTFO Canelo in either weight. But all indications are it ain't gonna happen.

3. Fighting Berlanga

AHH... this is clearly the one that's gonna happen. Why they haven't announced this already is beyond me.
    Look at all the upsides:

• Berlanga is overly hyped and INEXPLICABLY ranked in the top 10 by two of the boxing orgs.
    • Berlanga is Puerto Rican, thus providing the perfect opponent for the famed "PR-Mexico" rivalry. Unfortunately... Berlanga is a hype job who will soon enough come crashing down.
    • Perfect win for Ginger to go riding off into the sunset without having faced a real danger at 168 pounds.

You heard it here first. Canelo will face Berlanga as his next opponent. That will bring him to 60 wins. A good round number for his groupies to faint over. Then he'll ride off into the sunset... and his fanboys will not hold it against him that he never faced Benavidez, and had no excuse for doing so.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WTF is stopping Canelo from fighting Benavidez?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ok enough with the fukking excuses already. Benavidez is the elephant in the room... and no one seems to give a damn. Last I heard Benavidez is offering $50M to Ginger. What's the holdup?

But no... we're focused on Benavidez fighting David Morrell... while Canelo gets just a tad older and seeks some "gimmes" to round out his Hollywood resume.

Here are the different scenarios for Canelo:

1. Fighting Benavidez

Canelo knows he'll get his ass kicked... and he already had enough of that with Bivol. Any more of that... and it may mess with his movie deals down the line. So no... Canelo will continue ignoring the elephant in the room.

2. Fighting Bivol

Canelo insists on the rematch at 175. Bivol had said he wanted it at 168... but appears to have lost interest. WTF... he was the one who kicked Canelo's ass. Why should Canelo call the shots? Personally... I'd love for Bivol to KTFO Canelo in either weight. But all indications are it ain't gonna happen.

3. Fighting Berlanga

AHH... this is clearly the one that's gonna happen. Why they haven't announced this already is beyond me.
    Look at all the upsides:

• Berlanga is overly hyped and INEXPLICABLY ranked in the top 10 by two of the boxing orgs.
    • Berlanga is Puerto Rican, thus providing the perfect opponent for the famed "PR-Mexico" rivalry. Unfortunately... Berlanga is a hype job who will soon enough come crashing down.
    • Perfect win for Ginger to go riding off into the sunset without having faced a real danger at 168 pounds.

You heard it here first. Canelo will face Berlanga as his next opponent. That will bring him to 60 wins. A good round number for his groupies to faint over. Then he'll ride off into the sunset... and his fanboys will not hold it against him that he never faced Benavidez, and had no excuse for doing so.
    fear.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

david b's team had already signed to fight david morrell before sending the offer to team canelo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    david b's team had already signed to fight david morrell before sending the offer to team canelo
    Yes, and if Canelo agreed they would pay Morrell to step aside. Standard stuff if the big name wants a fight.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Yes, and if Canelo agreed they would pay Morrell to step aside. Standard stuff if the big name wants a fight.
    if you've already signed to fight someone why are you sending an offer to someone else? i call that clout chasing
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo has been trying to get the dmitry rematch for september. david b's pbc plan was to fight caleb plant, david morrell & demetrius andrade

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you've already signed to fight someone why are you sending an offer to someone else? i call that clout chasing
    It’s only clout chasing if you don’t actually want the fight. Do you have any evidence David doesn’t want the fight? Anything that would suggest it at all? Anything in David’s history to select he picks and chooses, anything?

Not being argumentative, just genuinely have never heard anything to suggest anything other than he has wanted a Canelo fight for a long time. I’m willing to listen if there’s something I’m not considering

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s only clout chasing if you don’t actually want the fight. Do you have any evidence David doesn’t want the fight? Anything that would suggest it at all? Anything in David’s history to select he picks and chooses, anything?

Not being argumentative, just genuinely have never heard anything to suggest anything other than he has wanted a Canelo fight for a long time. I’m willing to listen if there’s something I’m not considering
    it's clout chasing if you've already signed to fight someone else. have i ever said david b doesn't want the canelo fight? don't attach arguments to me that i haven't made. that's a strawman that you've created to attack. canelo has been pursuing a dmitry rematch for september. this has been his plan since his surgery. he was going to have fight in may & then try to rematch dmitry in september. david b's pbc plan was to fight caleb plant, david morrell & demetrius andrade

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's clout chasing if you've already signed to fight someone else. have i ever said david b doesn't want the canelo fight? don't attach arguments to me that i haven't made. that's a strawman that you've created to attack. canelo has been pursuing a dmitry rematch for september. this has been his plan since his surgery. he was going to have fight in may & then try to rematch dmitry in september. david b's pbc plan was to fight caleb plant, david morrell & demetrius andrade
    Jesus, I put in a qualifier to explain I’m not being aggressive, that I’m genuinely asking you a question and still you went defensive.

Relax man. I’m just trying to ask you if there is something about David I haven’t heard? Because he seems like a real one

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F it though TIC if you want to get aggressive. You said David Benavides was clout chasing.

Clout chasing means “attempting to increase their own fame or influence by trying to associate—or engage in conflicts—with those more popular or famous than themselves.”

You said I was attacking a straw man by asking if David actually wanted the fight or if there was a reason to believe he didn’t actually want the fight. You exposed YOURSELF there, not me. You dodged a valid question. Suggesting he is trying to raise his profile means absolutely nothing, every boxer does that. So there would be no reason to say clout chasing about something everyone does. You used the term to try to hint that he doesn’t actually want the fight. Every person here can see that. And that’s why I asked the question. Which you dodged. It isn’t a straw man at all because straw man means “ is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion,”. In this case it clearly isn’t different. Everyone here recognizes why you said he was clout chasing.

The question becomes are you going to be an honorable person and acknowledge what you were doing or are you to lie when everyone here will know you are lying?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus, I put in a qualifier to explain I’m not being aggressive, that I’m genuinely asking you a question and still you went defensive.

Relax man. I’m just trying to ask you if there is something about David I haven’t heard? Because he seems like a real one
    why wouldn't i be relaxed when i am pointing out truth?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F it though TIC if you want to get aggressive. You said David Benavides was clout chasing.

Clout chasing means “attempting to increase their own fame or influence by trying to associate—or engage in conflicts—with those more popular or famous than themselves.”

You said I was attacking a straw man by asking if David actually wanted the fight or if there was a reason to believe he didn’t actually want the fight. You exposed YOURSELF there, not me. You dodged a valid question. Suggesting he is trying to raise his profile means absolutely nothing, every boxer does that. So there would be no reason to say clout chasing about something everyone does. You used the term to try to hint that he doesn’t actually want the fight. Every person here can see that. And that’s why I asked the question. Which you dodged. It isn’t a straw man at all because straw man means “ is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion,”. In this case it clearly isn’t different. Everyone here recognizes why you said he was clout chasing.

The question becomes are you going to be an honorable person and acknowledge what you were doing or are you to lie when everyone here will know you are lying?
    so clout chasing means attempting to increase their own fame or influence by trying to associate with those more popular yeh? team david b already had a fight signed & sent a contract to canelo. to me that is attempting to increase his own fame or influence by trying to associate with someone more popular, when he already has other plans. you created a strawman by asking me if i "have any evidence david doesn’t want the fight?" i never made that claim, show me where i made that claim. so if everyone does this like you state, then my statement that david b was clout chasing is true yeh? you are making an incorrect assumption that i was hinting at something. show me where i made the claim david b doesn't want the canelo fight, not just your assumption. it is a strawman because my topic of discussion was david b clout chasing "attempting to increase his own fame or influence trying to associate with someone more popular" not the strawman you created about david b not wanting the fight. the question now becomes can you provide a link to where i ever claimed david b didn't want the canelo fight? are you going to be an honourable person & acknowledge that you only assumed that's what i was hinting at & you can't provide a link of me making that claim or will you hide away for a few weeks because everyone here knows you are lying?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

still waiting on those receipts ron

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Questions posed to Canelo as to why he won't fight Benavidez date back at least a year and a half. Since then, he got his ass beaten by Bivol... went back to 168 and beat an old and bloated middleweight in GGG... and went back to the British well for another predictable victim in John Ryder.

And the questions about "why not Benavidez" continue to come up. Understandably, Canelo must be pretty pissed off by now... and has literally run out of time and excuses as to why he doesn't fight him. I remember back when he used the "I don't fight Mexicans" excuse.

Canelo's insistence on a Bivol rematch is a smoke screen. He knows Bivol won't rematch him at 175. It's pointless... and really, it's the victor that calls the shots.

IMO, Canelo's scared shitless of a fight at 168 against a real and present danger. He's scared of getting his ass whipped again... but this time not at 175, but in his own division.

Casuals and groupies can call it what they want.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Questions posed to Canelo as to why he won't fight Benavidez date back at least a year and a half. Since then, he got his ass beaten by Bivol... went back to 168 and beat an old and bloated middleweight in GGG... and went back to the British well for another predictable victim in John Ryder.

And the questions about "why not Benavidez" continue to come up. Understandably, Canelo must be pretty pissed off by now... and has literally run out of time and excuses as to why he doesn't fight him. I remember back when he used the "I don't fight Mexicans" excuse.

Canelo's insistence on a Bivol rematch is a smoke screen. He knows Bivol won't rematch him at 175. It's pointless... and really, it's the victor that calls the shots.

IMO, Canelo's scared shitless of a fight at 168 against a real and present danger. He's scared of getting his ass whipped again... but this time not at 175, but in his own division.

Casuals and groupies can call it what they want.
    do you see something wrong with losing to the second, possiblity best guy in a division above canelo? the plan was always dmitry first & then ggg. canelo then had surgery & took a homecoming fight against john who had won an eliminator, against a guy that demetrius pulled out against. david b isn't mexican. why is canelo's insistence of a dmitry rematch at one eventy five a smoke screen? why won't dmitry rematch himat one seventy five? it's not pointless to canelo & the victor doesn't always call the shots. master was on here saying dmitry would be giving away his main advantage & dmitry might have been forced to by canelo's team to secure the lucrative rematch & it's absolutely ridiculous, what next bivol will fight with one arm? canelo won't get any credit if he defeats dmitry at one sixty eight. there'll be claims that dmitry was drained & not at his natural weight. i doubt canelo is scared shitless of a fight at one sixty eight but i do agree dmitry is a real & present danger. i doubt canelo is scared of getting his ass whipped again, this time at one sixty eight, canelo just won't credit if he wins at that weight. if anything i agree with you that canelo would probably prefer easier, bigger fights & challenges than david b. i have been saying since july last year that that age & time in the sport has taken a toll on canelo. that saudi money against badou for a cruiserwight belt could be enticing. i'm not saying that's what i want, i'm just thinking from a business point of view & where canelo is at currently in his career

Thread Information