Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Name a Dempsey/Marciano/Liston/Foreman fight as boring as Klit

bet you can't. Boxing is not just about winning fights, some of the guys who have lit our fires to be boxing enthusiasts werent necessarily the biggest winners. Arturo Gatti lost a good many fights and so did Mickey Ward, but look at the excitement-footprint they have left for the sport of boxing. Look at Tyson, all his fights were breathtaking even the latter part of his career. Look at Hagler, Hearns, Pryor, look at Chris Eubanks or Lennox Lewis, their fights were entertaining and brought out the spirit of boxing and the reason we are boxing enthusiasts. What the Klits do just dumb-down the game, take away any kind of thrill, its about THRILL, ITS ABOUT EXCITEMENT. Its Norton vs Holmes, its Benn vs Eubanks, its Pryor vs Arguello, its Duran vs Leonard, its Douglas vs Tyson.

It sure aint Klitschko vs Povetkin, is it now lads. Boxing is ailing, and ailing big.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Name a Dempsey/Marciano/Liston/Foreman fight as boring as Klit

Provetkin seems to be getting some blame and it wasnt necessarily his fault

also vitali isnt the most exciting fighter of all time but I also think he gets the finger pointed at him sometimes unfairly

its wlad and his holding that is the issue
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Brockton you retard Wlad doesn't fight in the face first style of those guys. If you're going to compare apples to apples at the very least pick someone who at least KIND OF fights in a similar manner. Gene Tunney perhaps? You could use Lennox Lewis even.

You might as well get pissed off that Tyson never fought like Ali. "Pernell Whittaker never fought like Arturo Gatti, rabble rabble rabble!!!!"

You need to adjust the reception you're getting on your tinfoil hat

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

33.33 megahertz and climbing, its a Tesla-wavelength and its working fine Lyle. Klitschko does manage to get the win, but he is stinking the place out in the process. Tunney's fights were boring Lyle? Really?! You Moonbat.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind when Wlad wins boring, but when he wins UGLY with holding/forearms/elbows/throwing/ect, that's not great to watch...

Like I said before I admire Wlad's skill and technical abilities. While I'd much rather watch a Gatti fight, I understand that fighting like Gatti is not conducive to having a long career or a high quality of life when you retire. So avoid punches, but do so with your technique, not by grabbing and wrestling.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    33.33 megahertz and climbing, its a Tesla-wavelength and its working fine Lyle. Klitschko does manage to get the win, but he is stinking the place out in the process. Tunney's fights were boring Lyle? Really?! You Moonbat.
    Brockton could you learn some fucking reading comprehension already? I didn't say Tunney's fights were boring I said if you're going to compare other fighters to Wlad then pick some who share some similarities in style. "Wlad doesn't fight like Marciano" no shit Sherlock, why the fuck would a 6'7 240+ pound fighter fight like a 5'10 185 pound fighter? Why Brockton? Why even compare them? While you are at it why not make a thread titled "Willie Pep didn't fight like Harry Greb! And that makes me mad rabble rabble rabble!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*I've watched Ruiz and Hopkins fights what were less exciting than paint drying...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Brock if you are going to make a comparison be realistic about it style wise and compare him to the likes of Willard or Carnera.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I don't mind when Wlad wins boring, but when he wins UGLY with holding/forearms/elbows/throwing/ect, that's not great to watch...

Like I said before I admire Wlad's skill and technical abilities. While I'd much rather watch a Gatti fight, I understand that fighting like Gatti is not conducive to having a long career or a high quality of life when you retire. So avoid punches, but do so with your technique, not by grabbing and wrestling.
    i used to be half of this opinion but im not now

in reality his major skill, the one that outweights all his other skills, is his skill to grab hold of very good boxers and lean on them

he has a very good jab, but not nearly as good as his grabbing hold and leaning on skills

i dont see that as boxing

El Kabong Guest

You've boxed before right?

To avoid punches tall fighters fight tall, small fighters fight small, when you get 2 fighters who do those things effectively you're not going to have a fluid bout. Flaws make fights fun, not perfection. I'm NOT calling Wlad or Povetkin perfect mind you, but as 2 cerebral fighters they were using as much as they could (legally even pushing the envelope with the ref). Wlad stands up tall when he fights, if he's out of position to be on the offensive he's going to look to put his chin (which everyone says is glass) somewhere safe....where is safer than behind Povektin's back? Povetkin looking to slip and weave his way inside also looked for some shelter from punches....where better to put your head than to Klitschko's back....granted Wlad leaned over in an attempt to still be able to punch Alexander, but that was the case throughout the fight. It was 2 guys who were trying to hit and not get hit and styles make fights sometimes bad ones. Could Povetkin have done more to deal with Wlad's holding? Maybe, maybe not. Povetkin used solid footwork, but he needed to open himself up more to land something serious and the second he did that he was going to get hit as we all saw with the short hooks Wlad was landing.

By no stretch of the imagination am I ever saying the fight was great, no Wlad won which in the end is all that matters. That's not me as a fan of Wlad's saying that it's just a fact, his record WAS 60-3-0 and after the fight it's 61-3-0. It was just another win.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

You've boxed before right?

To avoid punches tall fighters fight tall, small fighters fight small, when you get 2 fighters who do those things effectively you're not going to have a fluid bout. Flaws make fights fun, not perfection. I'm NOT calling Wlad or Povetkin perfect mind you, but as 2 cerebral fighters they were using as much as they could (legally even pushing the envelope with the ref). Wlad stands up tall when he fights, if he's out of position to be on the offensive he's going to look to put his chin (which everyone says is glass) somewhere safe....where is safer than behind Povektin's back? Povetkin looking to slip and weave his way inside also looked for some shelter from punches....where better to put your head than to Klitschko's back....granted Wlad leaned over in an attempt to still be able to punch Alexander, but that was the case throughout the fight. It was 2 guys who were trying to hit and not get hit and styles make fights sometimes bad ones. Could Povetkin have done more to deal with Wlad's holding? Maybe, maybe not. Povetkin used solid footwork, but he needed to open himself up more to land something serious and the second he did that he was going to get hit as we all saw with the short hooks Wlad was landing.

By no stretch of the imagination am I ever saying the fight was great, no Wlad won which in the end is all that matters. That's not me as a fan of Wlad's saying that it's just a fact, his record WAS 60-3-0 and after the fight it's 61-3-0. It was just another win.
    not within the rules tho, thats the issue

i wonder what wlads record would be if he fought within the rules

i wonder if he would even still be fighting

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop comparing Wlad with Lewis for fucks sake. Lewis has a whole bunch of explosive performances against top world-class dangerous punchers, Wlad has none. Lewis blitzed danger men, Wlad goes even more into his shell.

Wlad doesn't belong in the same breath as Lewis.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

It's only a foul when the ref calls it....are you Brits retarded when it comes to refereeing I'm starting to think so.

Fenster, again, READING COMPREHENSION, nobody is saying "Say Wlad and Lennox are equals" only they have more similar styles of fighting. Comparing Wlad & Lennox is more appropriate than Wlad & Marciano. So one making an argument can say "Lewis has a whole bunch of explosive performances against top world-class dangerous punchers, Wlad has none" and it be more of an apples to apples comparison and one I'm more willing to accept seeing how they're both big, both trained by Manny Steward, etc..if you're going to get offended by something at the very least allow me to call you a cunt beforehand.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

It's only a foul when the ref calls it....are you Brits retarded when it comes to refereeing I'm starting to think so.

Fenster, again, READING COMPREHENSION, nobody is saying "Say Wlad and Lennox are equals" only they have more similar styles of fighting. Comparing Wlad & Lennox is more appropriate than Wlad & Marciano. So one making an argument can say "Lewis has a whole bunch of explosive performances against top world-class dangerous punchers, Wlad has none" and it be more of an apples to apples comparison and one I'm more willing to accept seeing how they're both big, both trained by Manny Steward, etc..if you're going to get offended by something at the very least allow me to call you a cunt beforehand.
    it was funny on the other thread when i read it first

and the next bit about brits and reffing adds to the humour

it makes me laugh on this forum when a couple of boxing fans have a disagreement and one of them says "you know nothing about boxing", i dont know if you noticed but it giggle at it all the time

on this occasion dude im backed into a corner, ive got nowhere else to go with you, but if you are honestly of the view that wlad should not of been called for the fouls on saturday night then you either dont know anything about boxing or there is some other mental issue

El Kabong Guest

it was funny on the other thread when i read it first

and the next bit about brits and reffing adds to the humour

it makes me laugh on this forum when a couple of boxing fans have a disagreement and one of them says "you know nothing about boxing", i dont know if you noticed but it giggle at it all the time

on this occasion dude im backed into a corner, ive got nowhere else to go with you, but if you are honestly of the view that wlad should not of been called for the fouls on saturday night then you either dont know anything about boxing or there is some other mental issue
    The Brits DO love to complain about refs Joe Cortez apparently allowed "too little" holding (in Hatton-Mayweather) for your tastes and Luis Pabon has now allowed "too much" in this fight. Here's the deal, PROFESSIONAL BOXERS are going to have to deal with some refs who call fights more by the book than others, it's something you just have to go with the flow about. Povetkin and his team surely knew what they were in store for from Wladimir, I mean they only had 63 fights of his to watch. Surely Team Povetkin was informed about the ref, certainly they talked pre-fight and voiced any concerns about Wladimir's tactics. Once in the ring and seeing that's you're not getting calls if you thought they were fouls, there's little you can do but ADJUST YOUR GAMEPLAN.

erics44, you box do you not? Do you cry about the refs you get this much or do you say "Fuck it I'm going to try to win the fight regardless of what the ref does"?

Povetkin said "It was a fair fight"

What more do you want? Pabon called the fight the way he saw fit, if you don't like it then go become a ref and call the fights differently yourself.

I've not accused anyone of "knowing nothing about boxing", I just question everyone's grasp on reality if they expect perfection from authority figures in anything. In sport or work or anything....don't rely on someone else to do your job for you. Povetkin's job was to win the fight, the fans blame the ref, Povetkin blames himself.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 10-07-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Thread Information