Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chavez Jr. to retire???

Chavez Jr. told TV AZTECA. "The people are very, very un-content with the result (this as Julio Sr is being booed when trying to calm down the crowd) and what can I tell you? What can I tell you as a fighter? Everything is just very sad....because of the fight....I don't know what to do. I don't know what I will do. I need to think about it real hard. I am considering retirement."
    Full article at Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

His dad also makes an excuse that he was'nt well just before the fight if he wasnt well he should'nt of fought if that was the case.

It seems to me he does'nt like it when the going gets tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chavez Jr. to retire???

That means the damn Pride , his Fans wanted a damn KO and he couldn't give to them , because he been sick , said Chavez Sr. , that is stupid man if he couldn't , why he frustrating for that ?............What , they cant give a credit to his opponents in make good fight ?............that is stupid bro............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the sound of it...Chavez already peaked and is on the downside. Lets face it, he's the son of a legendary mexican fighter, he's been spoon fed his whole career with stiffs, and now it seems that this has all backfired because now he wants to retire...because he finally had a hard fight with a nobody. It's hard to be motivated when you're spoon fed opponents and fighting off your fathers name. I think he finally realized that he mite have to fight...to win a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is garbage... Fucking retire then. I mean, Vanda is a decent regional fighter. Chavez Jr. should never have been in a war with this kid. I mean, look what Bonsante Bonsante did to Vanda... He knowcked Vanda down and took a UD. If you're gonna let Matt Vanda retire you then just retire.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still would like to see him fight Ronald Hearns, tho Hearns looked pretty mortal in his last outing (but he did get a KO).
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fighters aren't what they used to be anymore... Adversity is a part of any sport. We can't all be Tysons, Whitakers, Jones, Mayweathers, Ali, and the such who saw adversity rarely and mainly at the end of their careers due to being such forces of nature. Everyone want thisngs handed to them nowadays.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Fighters aren't what they used to be anymore... Adversity is a part of any sport. We can't all be Tysons, Whitakers, Jones, Mayweathers, Ali, and the such who saw adversity rarely and mainly at the end of their careers due to being such forces of nature. Everyone want thisngs handed to them nowadays.
    Agreed on this. In fairness to Junior, there's been a huge amount of pressure and expectation on him, then agin his purses have been inflated considering the true level of his talent so he can't feel to bad for himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Agreed on this. In fairness to Junior, there's been a huge amount of pressure and expectation on him, then agin his purses have been inflated considering the true level of his talent so he can't feel to bad for himself.

His father's record was padded for years and years. His dad just turned out to be physically gifted. JR may have those same gifts... Who knows... We didn't find out with Sr till like his 60th fight... But his father also knew that when adversity struck that he had the heart and mind to fight through it. He had experience behind him and the knowlege that he's been here before. We'll never know with Jr, I guess as he doesn't want to test those waters, it seems
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His father's record was padded for years and years. His dad just turned out to be physically gifted. JR may have those same gifts... Who knows... We didn't find out with Sr till like his 60th fight... But his father also knew that when adversity struck that he had the heart and mind to fight through it. He had experience behind him and the knowlege that he's been here before. We'll never know with Jr, I guess as he doesn't want to test those waters, it seems
    I see what you're getting at now. It's also possible that it was a heat of the moment comment, and everyones been there after a dissappointment, we'll have to wait and see on Junior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't help but think that the son of a famous fighter doesn't have the same passion because he didn't have the adversity growing up. Chavez Jr. didn't have the same worries of his father, he didn't NEED to fight. In a way, it's a good thing that Mayweather Sr.'s career was cut short in that Mayweather Jr. still had to struggle. He NEEDED to fight. If a good life had been handed to him he probably wouldn't have gotten to the level he did. I think Roy Jones is probably an exception because his father scared the shit out of him. I'm sorry, when you carry around a knife because you're afraid of pops coming after you...
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been down on the kid, but this type of rough fight, enviroment etc...is exactly what i thought he needed. If he thought he was going to get instant approval for having his daddy's name then this fight showed him different, but you know what you made it through and with a win in fact. Now you want to quit cause your daddy got booo'ed. Or cause people don't want to hear the old " i was sick story". Another example of if you aren't %100 and not ready to live with the results reguardless of the outcome then don't fight. I'd respect a fighter more that says you know what i'm human and i lost it happens. But this kid wants to quit ?? I hope there is a lot more to the story. This is another reason why i am all for fighters getting paid as much as they possibly can for fights,fighting for pride and fans is extremly important but the fans come and go. Bills don't, they're always there even after you retire. The same fans that threw beer in favor of chavez sr (even in some questionable decisions) were now throwing beer and shit at him in defense of his son , how quick people turn...
    Last edited by Mar; 07-14-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

El Kabong Guest

Sounds like some Saddoboxing posters took in two fights this weekend.

Pride sometimes guys that are "good regional fighters" give top level guys a tough time....Chuck Wepner? Joe Hipp? Michael Bentt? Kirkland Laing? Luis Collazo?

That's why you FIGHT the fight and don't depend on paper to figure it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Sounds like some Saddoboxing posters took in two fights this weekend.

Pride sometimes guys that are "good regional fighters" give top level guys a tough time....Chuck Wepner? Joe Hipp? Michael Bentt? Kirkland Laing? Luis Collazo?

That's why you FIGHT the fight and don't depend on paper to figure it out

This was the point of my posts
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His father's record was padded for years and years. His dad just turned out to be physically gifted. JR may have those same gifts... Who knows... We didn't find out with Sr till like his 60th fight
    ...and after all those years, boy! did he show boxing he really had gifts! whoa! All those accomplishments . No wonder he is a hall of famer.

A mistake some boxers have made is to fight for the fans and not themselves. Eric thought the first fight against Pac was not exciting and he won that fight convincingly. I can't even think of any Pac fan having a doubt that Pac lost CLEARLY and that is really something. But on the second one he wanted to "make it more exciting" and decided to exchange with Pac and that was a mistake that cost him a loss. Add to that Pac skills that have improved and not just the charge and hit with the straight left that he used to rely on all the time.

Come on Jr! You'll get booed, you'll get cheered! It's part of it! Boxing legends went through all that. Do it for YOURSELF and fans will appreciate that.
    Last edited by Chino; 07-14-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He won the fight and he's still on about retiring what would he of done if he lost? starting crying in the ring refuing to leave

Thread Information