Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavlik v Martinez only a few weeks away who you got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pavlik v Martinez only a few weeks away who you got?

Not much talk on this fight, just looking at the odds and I think 4/6 on Pavlik is a steal personally.

I think Martinez is a decent boxer with alot of skills but for me he aint a Middleweight, I fancy Pavlik to chop him down within 9.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik v Martinez only a few weeks away who you got?

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Not much talk on this fight, just looking at the odds and I think 4/6 on Pavlik is a steal personally.

I think Martinez is a decent boxer with alot of skills but for me he aint a Middleweight, I fancy Pavlik to chop him down within 9.
    Definately understand the argument, but Martinez is one of the hardest guys to hit in pro boxing. Pavlik has one gear, Martinez knows that and makes an easy night of it.

Martinez wide UD in reality, but loses a SD on the cards.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik is going to win by tko. From what I've seen, Martinez isn't that hard to hit and Pavlik can bang. Like Williams, he's going to throw a shit-ton of punches and I think he'll land regularly, hurt Martinez and eventually stop him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Pavlik is going to win by tko. From what I've seen, Martinez isn't that hard to hit and Pavlik can bang. Like Williams, he's going to throw a shit-ton of punches and I think he'll land regularly, hurt Martinez and eventually stop him.
    Martinez is very hard to hit, he just doesn't flail around like most defense first fighters. He just moves ever so slightly, just enough the way it should be done.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik is a beast at 160, and I'd fancy him to stop Martinez in 7. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Martinez is very hard to hit, he just doesn't flail around like most defense first fighters. He just moves ever so slightly, just enough the way it should be done.
    He got tagged a lot (and hurt) against Williams, who is somewhat similar to Pavlik in the sense that he has impressive reach and throws a ton of punches. I know they're totally different fighters in pretty much every other way, but that fight convinced me that Pavlik would beat Martinez

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got tagged a lot (and hurt) against Williams, who is somewhat similar to Pavlik in the sense that he has impressive reach and throws a ton of punches. I know they're totally different fighters in pretty much every other way, but that fight convinced me that Pavlik would beat Martinez
    Would you care for a sigi bet?

I don't remember him being hurt, but I remember him being off-balance and getting put down. He hurt Williams a few times and that was Williams at Middleweight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't remember him being hurt, but I remember him being off-balance and getting put down. He hurt Williams a few times and that was Williams at Middleweight.
    I have never sig. bet anyone before, though I've often fantasized about beating Lyle and making him sport a Jimmy Carter sig, but I digress. If you really want to we can I guess, though I don't really see the point. I can't stand Kelly Pavlik and I'd love to watch Martinez (who I really like) beat him, but I guess I'm just not as impressed with Martinez as everyone else is. He's a very good fighter, but he has his flaws and I think Pavlik will exploit them and overwhelm him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik scores a big KO

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the fight could really go either way, but whichever it does I don't expect it to be terribly close, if that makes sense. It's a very interesting clash of styles, and both guys will probably throw and land a lot in spots, but I feel it will be one or the other who is largely much more effective.

If Pavlik can figure him out and find a home for the right hand I don't see Martinez taking many good shots, but if he(Pavlik) can't get into a rythym Martinez could run away with it and outbox him by a wide margin. I don't think Martinez is strong enough at 160 to really get the better of Pavlik in a fight like he had with Williams, Kelly should be to strong for him if they are going to wind up trading shots. I want to say Martinez will outbox him but like CFH said I don't see him being as slick or elusive as some seem to think. That said, Pavlik fights very upright and doesn't move laterally, nothing would really surprise me in this fight. Great matchup imo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never sig. bet anyone before, though I've often fantasized about beating Lyle and making him sport a Jimmy Carter sig, but I digress. If you really want to we can I guess, though I don't really see the point. I can't stand Kelly Pavlik and I'd love to watch Martinez (who I really like) beat him, but I guess I'm just not as impressed with Martinez as everyone else is. He's a very good fighter, but he has his flaws and I think Pavlik will exploit them and overwhelm him.
    Who about we don't make it horrible, but if you lose you just put up the losers face in your sigi. I look forward to seeing you sigi with Pavlik all cut up and puffy eyed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This highlight vid has some good examples of his defensive prowess. I recommend watchin it on mute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t1M3...eature=related

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who about we don't make it horrible, but if you lose you just put up the losers face in your sigi. I look forward to seeing you sigi with Pavlik all cut up and puffy eyed.

I'd enjoy that. I'd almost feel bad making you put up one of Martinez though, I really like him as a fighter. We'll have to include some kind of writing to let everyone know the the loser lost a bet to the winner.

I'll take that bet Killer, but you'll probably have to remind me closer to the fight itself as I'm likely to forget.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like both these guys, and it should be a hell of a fight. Assuming Pavlik took away some lessons from his fight with Professor Hopkins, he's gonna be that much better than before. Based on his size and punching power, I'd have to bet on Pavlik by late stoppage, although I have nothing but respect for Martinez's skills.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This highlight vid has some good examples of his defensive prowess. I recommend watchin it on mute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t1M3...eature=related
    I was very impressed with Martinez' elusiveness when he fought Bunema and Cintron, but it seemed to me that Williams workrate overwhelmed his defenses and I think Pavlik will do that same. The only difference is that Pavlik's shots are going to do much more damage than Willaims'.

Thread Information