Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury to fight Christian Hamer

Fury risks Wladimir Klitschko world title bout by agreeing Hammer fight in February -

Fury said: “I’ve said all along I’m not like these other fighters in the division who pussy foot around, take soft touches and call themselves fighters.
    “I could have taken an easy job at the O2 arena to keep my position safe for my world title fight against Klitschko, but that’s not what Tyson Fury is about or what the public want to see from someone who has promised from day one to win the world heavyweight title.
    “On paper it’s a dangerous job against Hammer, he’s highly ranked, he brings a big punch with him, he’ll have ambitions of his own to beat me and grab himself a world title shot against Klitschko and I’m sure he’ll be full of confidence coming over here.”
    Hammer, a former WBO European Champion who has 10 stoppages out of 17 wins, will be looking to cause a huge upset by being the first to defeat Fury and earn himself a shot at Klitschko.
    Last edited by Beanz; 12-31-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: thread title spelling mistake
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury to fight Christian Hamer

Good he's keeping busy... Save us the talk though fury... A 6 foot 2 guy with a 58% ko ratio and 2 KO losses should be a mediocre threat at best when you're the self proclaimed finest physical specimen and fighter alive.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hammer has done well since getting clocked by Mariusz Wach in '09. He'll be on pins & needles as its his first time in England and the crowd noise will be a tremendous factor for him.

'Bout time Fury steps up and fights. Big Dude should be fighting 4 times a year.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would we rather he just sit round while Wlad, Jennings, Wilder, Stiverne are all tied up?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit fight, but you don't get paid for doing fuck all. I would have thought they would've got someone a bit bigger if they're so certain they'll be facing Wlad soon
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Shit fight, but you don't get paid for doing fuck all. I would have thought they would've got someone a bit bigger if they're so certain they'll be facing Wlad soon
    Bigger doesn't mean better.

Name a better opponent for feb 28th.
    Last edited by ross; 12-31-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucas browne or david price at least.

Hammer is a shit opponent i agree.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Why not the man who chinned Hammer out? A less mobile version of Wlad who Fury probably couldn't knock out with a cricket bat, perfect.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't seen Hamer fight, so I'm hoping for some good action and more experience for Fury.
    The Brits have a short memory where Tyson is concerned. In one recent thread most everyone agreed, aside from the habitual naysayers, that Tyson is an unfinished product and isn't ready for Wlad yet. Now all I'm hearing is complaints about the opponent. Does it really matter that Hamer is smaller than Wald or doesn't have a huge punch, Tyson is still gaining the experience he needs.
    Tyson is probably coached about what to say. If he isn't coached, he should become a promoter or go into politics, because he's as convincing with the BS as the best of them.
    I'm not saying it's wrong or a
    character flaw, yet. Lol

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by EL DINAMITA View Post
    Lucas browne or david price at least.

Hammer is a shit opponent i agree.
    Lucas Brown is only ranked 20 in the world, David Price 26!

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

Why not the man who chinned Hammer out? A less mobile version of Wlad who Fury probably couldn't knock out with a cricket bat, perfect.
    Mariusz Wach is ranked 44 in the world.

Christian Hammer is ranked 11.

These are boxrec independent rankings. Hammer is ranked higher than any of those fighters mentioned.

Ricly Hatton wont let Brown fight Chambers let alone Fury. David Price has got a job to get in the ring with journeymen.

El Kabong Guest

Fury vs Wach would be a war IMO neither super huge punchers, neither like to "box", both are relatively easy to hit. I think that would be a dangerous fight for Fury at this point.

Face facts, Tyson Fury is young, he's got time to develop, he's caught at a time where there are few worthy "dance partners" as it were, and Fury before the Chisora rematch had been out a long time, he deserves a warm up bout or two A) to get some money and B ) to get prepared for his title run.

Now that said Tyson can take all the time he wants to he's not beating Wladimir Klitschko

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Fury vs Wach would be a war IMO neither super huge punchers, neither like to "box", both are relatively easy to hit. I think that would be a dangerous fight for Fury at this point.

Face facts, Tyson Fury is young, he's got time to develop, he's caught at a time where there are few worthy "dance partners" as it were, and Fury before the Chisora rematch had been out a long time, he deserves a warm up bout or two A) to get some money and B ) to get prepared for his title run.

Now that said Tyson can take all the time he wants to he's not beating Wladimir Klitschko
    Im happy to wait for you and everyone else to be proven wrong

El Kabong Guest

What will I be proven wrong about? Tyson Fury has shown me NOTHING to say he's a threat to Wladimir. His chin isn't all that great, his power is sub par (especially considering his size), his work rate is so-so, and his boxing ability is nowhere near Wlad's class.

How would a Tyson Fury victory over Wladimir Klitschko happen? Explain to me the step by step process Tyson will go through to win the titles off Wlad. I know how a Wlad victory over Fury might go...either Wlad establishes the jab and boxes Fury into submission OR Wlad says "fuck this dude, I'm ending it early" and bombs Fury out with either the right cross OR the left hook because Tyson Fury has fought nobody like Wladimir, none with his skill, none with his power....Wlad has fought guys bigger than himself and he has always...repeat ALWAYS won

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What will I be proven wrong about? Tyson Fury has shown me NOTHING to say he's a threat to Wladimir. His chin isn't all that great, his power is sub par (especially considering his size), his work rate is so-so, and his boxing ability is nowhere near Wlad's class.

How would a Tyson Fury victory over Wladimir Klitschko happen? Explain to me the step by step process Tyson will go through to win the titles off Wlad. I know how a Wlad victory over Fury might go...either Wlad establishes the jab and boxes Fury into submission OR Wlad says "fuck this dude, I'm ending it early" and bombs Fury out with either the right cross OR the left hook because Tyson Fury has fought nobody like Wladimir, none with his skill, none with his power....Wlad has fought guys bigger than himself and he has always...repeat ALWAYS won
    Furys work rate is not "so so" his boxing ability does not include mostly hugging, holding, leaning etc. wlads chin also is well below greatness. How many times has he been stopped? Dropped?

Fury is a threat and you know it.

El Kabong Guest

Furys work rate is not "so so" his boxing ability does not include mostly hugging, holding, leaning etc. wlads chin also is well below greatness. How many times has he been stopped? Dropped?

Fury is a threat and you know it.
    People have been saying "I'm going to check Wladimir's glass chin" for TEN YEARS NOW! and there have been guys who are a lot better punchers than Tyson Fury that have said that.

Complain about clinching all you like, Wlad wins fights, he wins by KO, and he'll KO Tyson Fury...hate to break it to you but that WILL happen.

Fury's workrate is pedestrian, he's been knocked down by a CRUISERWEIGHT who had like 10-12 stoppages out of 25 wins at the time....so don't tell me Wlad's chin is the one that's dodgy.

What power puncher has Fury fought? What top boxer has Fury fought? Wlad is the BEST in the division and there is absolutely 0 argument about it (among sane people)

Thread Information