Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Hit On Arms While Sparring

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ICB Guest

Default Getting Hit On Arms While Sparring

Well was Sparring and this git kept hitting me on arms woke up this morning found bruises on arm's im really angry at him to be honest i feel like being spiteful back to him but don't know if i should he was doing it on purpose aswell he laughed when we finished he is cocky shite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Getting Hit On Arms While Sparring

Then hit his arms back! I got some dirty tricks that can give you make his arms looks like bruised bananas, but I'm saving for another post. Why don't you check back later today. I've been busy working on a guide that sheds some light on this kinda spite.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting hit in the arms is part of boxing...

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Getting hit in the arms is part of boxing...
    Sounds like he wanted to get hit in the face and/or nuts.. prolly a few kidney shots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's one of those things you gotta get used to if you can't stay away or put them away quickly.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he was laughing at you ? this cunt has some experiance mate or at the same level as you ? don't be someones punching bag mate. fucking hell. cash his check !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're supposed to roll with punches that are blocked on the arms. What happens when fighters keep their arms and gloves in tight to the body and sides of the head is that they will just sit there and absorb punches. You're never supposed to just sit there and absorb punches. By having your arms so tightly locked to your body you hinder your ability to throw punches: how can you throw punches if both your arms are busy blocking? You're not in a position to punch.

By rolling with the punch while blocking you take much of the steam off of their punch as it no longer has a flush target to transfer all of its force into cleanly. By rolling away you also put yourself into a position to punch and therefore counter. For example you block a left hook on your right arm and roll with it to your left as you block (weight now on left foot) putting you in a position to throw a left hook yourself. Think about that for a second and work it out in your head.

Today its pretty popular to just sit there and absorb punches. In the 20's or 30's you would have small 8 oz nothing gloves that did not much more than cover the fist. You wouldn't want to get hit with one of those anywhere. You also notice that fighters of these eras never held there arms up to the sides of their heads. They depended on slipping and rolling more than they did on blocking and it shows in the way that they fought.

ICB Guest

Sparring again soon i'll let you know what happens and thanks for advice Thomas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep CC Thomas. My coaches often tell me to use my guard more but just to absorb the punches as you say and I feel more vulnerable doing this than attampting to punch out although I know the way i try to fight out of a tight spot is not always good.

Do you think this still works well when on the ropes and you have less space for movement? Or when you opponent is punching in flurrys?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Just a little update i learned to roll with the punches, plus i took your advice and hit him back hard on the arms. And he didn't like a taste of his own medicine and it got very spiteful, since i posted this i have learnt a lot more and im a much better all round fighter. Plus i had my 1st amateur fight not long ago and i won on points so i've got a lot more experience now. But Thanks for your advice guys/girls CCs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it hurts to get hit on the arms, perhaps you need to condition them more.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain
    Its fine now Donny that was posted in April, i have had my 1st amateur fight since i posted fight. So im more experienced it doesn't bother me anymore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Its fine now Donny that was posted in April, i have had my 1st amateur fight since i posted fight. So im more experienced it doesn't bother me anymore.
    Thats good.
    How'd your fight go?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Thats good.
    How'd your fight go?
    I won on points it went well i actually enjoyed it more than i thought i would.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats great. Was it three or four rounds?
    The feeling of winning is amazing isn't it?

Thread Information