0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Karl Mildenberger ~ 'I Had The Formula To Beat Cassius Clay'

Wednesday ~ September 18, 1968

Empire Pool ~ Wembley, London, England

European Heavyweight Championship

~ Tale of the Tape ~

Karl Mildenberger ~ 53-5-3 {19 KO's} ~ 6' 1 1/2" ~ 208 lbs. ~ Reach; 74" ~ {Age; 30 years, 10 months}
    vs.
    Henry Cooper ~ 36-13-1 {25 KO's} ~ 6' 1" ~ 187 lbs. ~ Reach; 76" ~ {Age; 34 years, 5 months}
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ The Skinny ~

This will be a battle between '2' Ringworn Veterans, as both have seen better days.

Karl Mildenberger has owned the European Heavyweight Crown for 4-Years, since October 17, 1964
    when he defeated {KO 1} Santo Amonti to win the 'vacant' Championship.

This will be the German's '7th' Title-Defense, but his '1st' on foreign soil.

Karl and Henry were supposed to fight for the European Championship 4 years earlier {back on October 10, 1964},
    but Henry pulled out, claiming an elbow injury.

Henry Cooper is the former European Heavyweight Champion, which he won on February 24, 1964 by defeating
    {W Dec 15} Brian London. But, Henry was 'stripped' of his Crown on October 10, 1964 for failing to defend
    against Karl Mildenberger.

Henry 'is' both the British and Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion, and is out to claim his former European
    Crown as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ The Double Skinny ~

* Karl Mildenberger is coming off a brutal loss {L KO 7} to Leotis Martin only 5-Months earlier {April 5, 1968}.
    * Karl has dropped out of the Top 10, and is now slotted at #14 WBA.
    * Karl has visited the canvas a total of '12-times' in his last 7-Bouts.

* Henry Cooper has won '3' straight since losing by a 'brutal knockout' {L KO 4} to Floyd Patterson on September 24, 1966.
    * But, Henry last fought on November 7, 1967 {10 months ago}.
    * Henry is now rated at #10 WBA
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ The Outside Skinny ~

German Style
    If Karl Mildenberger wins, German Fight Promoter - Joachim Gottert is prepared to offer WBA Champion - Jimmy Ellis
    $175,000 {Tax Free} to come to Germany to defend his Title against Karl Mildenberger in November 1968.

Karl Mildenberger >
    This bout will not be that much of a problem for me. Henry is right there to be hit, and he cuts easily. All I have to
    do is watch out for his left-hook, and keep my right-hand in his face. I'll be patient for the first 5-Rounds, and then
    I'll work on his eyes.

I'll slash his eye-brows, and cut him up. He'll be wearing a bloody mask by mid-way thru the bout. There is no way
    he can go 15-Rounds without getting cut up. They will stop it before we here a Judges decision. I predict a win
    by the 11th Round.

English Style
    If Henry Cooper wins, British Fight Promoter - Harry Levene is prepared to offer WBA Champion - Jimmy Ellis
    $150,000 to come to London, England to defend his Title against Henry Cooper in early-1969.

Henry Cooper >
    Mildenberger fits my style. He will no problem for me. I won't predict a Round, just that I will win by a convincing
    margin. I'm already looking ahead. Next will be Jimmy Ellis for 1969.
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-17-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information