I had my second sparring session yesterday. We were only allowed to throw jabs to the head (single, double, triple etc.) For the first two and a half rounds I was landing alot of jabs until my trainer told my opponent "you've just got to counter the jab". After that he would not throw any jabs until I did. I'd throw a jab and all of a sudden I'd be a hit with a hard counter jab. (At my gym were trained to catch the left jab with the right glove and counter with the jab). I've read here about feinting a counter-puncher to counter his counter. I tried that but my opponent is alot more experienced and did not fall for any of my lies.
I think I read here once about jabbing the bicep, shoulder or glove. Next time I'm going to jab his left glove then his head then his left glove again. Ill also just throw jabs to his glove to not become predictable.

Could you guys please help me out. Could you also please tell me some fighters who are good at feinting jabs and countering the jab counter. Thanks