9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

...maybe because Trinidad lost to Roy Jones Jr and Hopkins? who knows.

Ok bro... I don't dislike you as I do Fenny, whose arrogance is surpassed only by his non-sensical arguments. But I'm noticing a disturbing trend here. You don't counter an argument against Calzaghe's style by lashing out at how many champion boxers Turkey has or doesn't have, or by mentioning Trinidad's losses. Trust me.... it doesn't look good in what should be a debate about Calzaghe's style.

Some of you people need to learn debating techniques. But I'm not picking on you. I've seen some other doozies on this thread. For instance... a poster claimed Ali used to slap also. But when I gave him a technical explanation as to why Ali was not a slapper.... his counter argument was: "Oh yes he did." Haven't heard from him since.

Someone else reads my argument about why Calzaghe's opponents haven't been all that.... and counters with: "Oh yeah? List the fighters you claim Calzaghe ducked?" Hard to argue with warped logic like that.
    @TitoFan I have not lashed out and will not be trusting your judgement when it comes to what works in a debate unless I am eager to have my ass whipped. I did not counter any argument about Calzaghe's style by bringing up Turkish Boxers, I merely responded calmly to Altugs usual tactic of overcompensating for the fact he is British and therefore could never see himself as neutral, unless he slags off not only British Boxers like Calzaghe, Froch and Hatton but also UK fans who he refers to as Brits. Apparently even though your signature says otherwise it is inexcusable to have any national pride when it comes to boxing and so Dia Bando despite being a proud Welsh man should just say nothing when Altug gets a bit personal and precious?. As for Trinidad's losses they are the only common opponents he shares with JC so they are entirely relevant and may explain your irrational rage against Calzaghe's style.

What you and Altug seem to be saying is that every judge, boxing commentator, trainer, boxer or fan who thought JC's punches were legitimate scoring (and in some cases debilitating) shots, and not slaps are both deluded and in collusion?
    You really aren't as intelligent as you think you are. If you were you would have made the observation that I haven't once made any personal insults to Dia Bando. Despite him repeatedly calling me all the names under the sun. Since finding out he was an old man, I won't go there. Was brought up a little better than to insult an elder. So he can say what he wants. Personally, I find it immature for a man of his age but I won't insult him.

Secondly, I didn't once say that there was anything wrong with national pride. It just simply means in most cases that you can't be objective if you carry too much of it. I just pointed that out. Nothing particularly wrong with it it that's your thing.

Again, you say I'm over compensating for it by slagging off British fighters? Is that way I've been giving Froch credit recently? Is that why Chris Eubank is one of my favourite boxers of all time?

Once again - I SAY WHAT I SEE. Race, nationality or any of that shit doesn't come into it. Go incorrectly analyse someone else - you're like this weird cyber stalker.. :/

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Non-British perspective: Froch easier to like than was Calzaghe

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post

Ok bro... I don't dislike you as I do Fenny, whose arrogance is surpassed only by his non-sensical arguments. But I'm noticing a disturbing trend here. You don't counter an argument against Calzaghe's style by lashing out at how many champion boxers Turkey has or doesn't have, or by mentioning Trinidad's losses. Trust me.... it doesn't look good in what should be a debate about Calzaghe's style.

Some of you people need to learn debating techniques. But I'm not picking on you. I've seen some other doozies on this thread. For instance... a poster claimed Ali used to slap also. But when I gave him a technical explanation as to why Ali was not a slapper.... his counter argument was: "Oh yes he did." Haven't heard from him since.

Someone else reads my argument about why Calzaghe's opponents haven't been all that.... and counters with: "Oh yeah? List the fighters you claim Calzaghe ducked?" Hard to argue with warped logic like that.
    @TitoFan I have not lashed out and will not be trusting your judgement when it comes to what works in a debate unless I am eager to have my ass whipped. I did not counter any argument about Calzaghe's style by bringing up Turkish Boxers, I merely responded calmly to Altugs usual tactic of overcompensating for the fact he is British and therefore could never see himself as neutral, unless he slags off not only British Boxers like Calzaghe, Froch and Hatton but also UK fans who he refers to as Brits. Apparently even though your signature says otherwise it is inexcusable to have any national pride when it comes to boxing and so Dia Bando despite being a proud Welsh man should just say nothing when Altug gets a bit personal and precious?. As for Trinidad's losses they are the only common opponents he shares with JC so they are entirely relevant and may explain your irrational rage against Calzaghe's style.

What you and Altug seem to be saying is that every judge, boxing commentator, trainer, boxer or fan who thought JC's punches were legitimate scoring (and in some cases debilitating) shots, and not slaps are both deluded and in collusion?
    You really aren't as intelligent as you think you are. If you were you would have made the observation that I haven't once made any personal insults to Dia Bando. Despite him repeatedly calling me all the names under the sun. Since finding out he was an old man, I won't go there. Was brought up a little better than to insult an elder. So he can say what he wants. Personally, I find it immature for a man of his age but I won't insult him.

Secondly, I didn't once say that there was anything wrong with national pride. It just simply means in most cases that you can't be objective if you carry too much of it. I just pointed that out. Nothing particularly wrong with it it that's your thing.

Again, you say I'm over compensating for it by slagging off British fighters? Is that way I've been giving Froch credit recently? Is that why Chris Eubank is one of my favourite boxers of all time?

Once again - I SAY WHAT I SEE. Race, nationality or any of that shit doesn't come into it. Go incorrectly analyse someone else - you're like this weird cyber stalker.. :/
    Poor you not in my rocking chair just yet, handbags at dawn
    Last edited by Dia bando; 06-03-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

Poor you not in my rocking chair just yet, handbags at dawn
    You do surprise me you like some one besides yourself wonders never cease.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    (TitoFan sighs... and summons up patience in the face of ignorance)

I "beg to differ" about the comparison of the fighters' opponents throughout their careers. Are you grasping at straws now, out of sheer desperation, and the realization that you have no argument? So quality of opponents ceases to be a factor once you've changed divisions? We can only compare quality of opposition within specific weight divisions? Do you really believe your own shit? ......... really?

LOL... are we also referring to ourselves in the 3rd person now?
    "It's not Fenster's credibility you should be concerned with."

TitoFan says Fenster full of shit.

Insulting me doesn't disguise your glaring ignorance.

1. IamInuit SPECIFICALLY made a comparision between Hopkins and Calzaghe's divisional title runs. You SPECIFICALLY chose to answer "I beg to differ"

Now you either don't know anything about their career title runs or you didn't understand the point. Either way, the way you replied, you look stupid. Fact.

2. You were NEVER asked to name fighters YOU claim Calzaghe ducked. You were asked to name supermiddles that Cazlaghe didn't fight (ducked). This question stemmed SPECIFICALLY from your "I beg to differ" Hopkins/Calzaghe title run comparision.

So stop lying, stop crying and focus on the questions posed instead of insulting The Fenster. Fact

Look..... "The Fenster". And I'm going to say this as slowly as I can. No one said anything about Calzaghe ducking anybody in this argument. N-o-b-o-d-y. You were the one who brought it up... and you're using the pathetic argument as a battering ram. Do me a favor and shove it, ok?

Also, quit splitting hairs about whether we're talking about title runs or entire careers. My point is comparing quality of opposition. And that wasn't even my original point. I started this thread because I never liked Calzaghe's slapping style in the fights that I did see. I never claimed I saw early Calzaghe, before he broke his hands. To use your own warped logic, I can only discuss and report on the later fights I did see... and the so-called "flurries" which weren't really flurries at all, because they were slaps, not even landed with the legal part of the glove. And I used this rationale to state that Froch is easier to like than Calzaghe. Frome there, the thread has slightly degenerated. Mainly because you go off on tangents, as is your style, to back up your nonsense.

So back my main point: Froch is way easier to like than was Calzaghe... mainly because of his fighting style, vs. Calzaghe's style. Fact.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Re: Non-British perspective: Froch easier to like than was Calzaghe

I "beg to differ" about the comparison of the fighters' opponents throughout their careers. Are you grasping at straws now, out of sheer desperation, and the realization that you have no argument? So quality of opponents ceases to be a factor once you've changed divisions? We can only compare quality of opposition within specific weight divisions? Do you really believe your own shit? ......... really?

1. IamInuit SPECIFICALLY made a comparision between Hopkins and Calzaghe's divisional title runs. You SPECIFICALLY chose to answer "I beg to differ"

Now you either don't know anything about their career title runs or you didn't understand the point. Either way, the way you replied, you look stupid. Fact.

2. You were NEVER asked to name fighters YOU claim Calzaghe ducked. You were asked to name supermiddles that Cazlaghe didn't fight (ducked). This question stemmed SPECIFICALLY from your "I beg to differ" Hopkins/Calzaghe title run comparision.

So stop lying, stop crying and focus on the questions posed instead of insulting The Fenster. Fact

Look..... "The Fenster". And I'm going to say this as slowly as I can. No one said anything about Calzaghe ducking anybody in this argument. N-o-b-o-d-y. You were the one who brought it up... and you're using the pathetic argument as a battering ram. Do me a favor and shove it, ok?

Also, quit splitting hairs about whether we're talking about title runs or entire careers. My point is comparing quality of opposition. And that wasn't even my original point. I started this thread because I never liked Calzaghe's slapping style in the fights that I did see. I never claimed I saw early Calzaghe, before he broke his hands. To use your own warped logic, I can only discuss and report on the later fights I did see... and the so-called "flurries" which weren't really flurries at all, because they were slaps, not even landed with the legal part of the glove. And I used this rationale to state that Froch is easier to like than Calzaghe. Frome there, the thread has slightly degenerated. Mainly because you go off on tangents, as is your style, to back up your nonsense.

So back my main point: Froch is way easier to like than was Calzaghe... mainly because of his fighting style, vs. Calzaghe's style. Fact.
    Tito do you like Froch's brawling style more than a pure boxing style, I can see your point I like both styles myself. I have watched Calzaghe many years and lot's of other fighters, I no a good fighter from
    a bad one it's a mater of taste and I can go with that.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Hopkins reign at MW stunk until Tito. Best wins Vanderpool and Johnson. It's a shocking set of defenses over a 7 year period. After Tito, he fought nobodies again at MW, until DLH, who was a former Lighweight. You can't give Hopkins credit for opponents he lost to in this argument (also not opponents that weren't at MW) The best wins of B-Hops career (imo) are Tito and Pavlik, followed by Tarver and Pascal. He lost to RJJ, Taylor and Calzaghe and therefore those fights are not valid in the argument about his resume.

Similarly JCs opponents stank up to Lacy. Brewer, Reid, Mitchell, Woodhall and Eubank are probably more credible than B-Hop's MW opponents.

I am saying this completely objectively! Neither had realy good wins until later in their careers. It's not their fault that the oppositions was so mediocre. Prime for Prime, p4p, taking everytghing into consideration, they are hard to split. Each beats everybody on each others records up to their defining fights.

Keith Holmes was WBC middleweight champ, and Glen Johnson would go on to become IBF light heavyweight champ. He also beat William Joppy, who had been a good middleweight champ in his own right. B-Hop's win over DLH doesn't rate for me... 'cause DLH had no business at 160 to begin with. His brief stay there was a sham.

But I'm not here really to defend B-Hop's quality of opposition throughout the years, 'cause I'm not a B-Hop fan.... and besides, as with Wlad Klitschko and probably with Calzaghe himself... maybe they're not to be faulted as to the lack of classic opposition that make for epic fights. If they're not available, they're not available... and that's that.

Somehow I was drawn into this side argument, when my main point was and still is.... the "un-fan-friendliness" of Calzaghe's style in his later fights. I do have to make a parenthesis, however, and decry the choice of Peter (WTF?) Manfredo as an opponent at that particular stage of Calzaghe's career. I honestly don't think Hopkins had a "Peter Manfredo" at that stage of his own career. But that's another story.

That Calzaghe had brittle hands and had to adapt his style to that fact? That's all well and good. But it makes for lousy professional fights. Like I stated several times before..... I can watch a slugfest, or I can watch a chess match between two master boxers. But even these "chess matches" contain legitimate boxing punches. Punches landed in true form, by professionals in their craft. Slapping is something you see in "Toughman" competitions, when two guys are dragged out of a bar and paid $50 to slap each other to death.

That's all I'm saying.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bando, I like both. Read my post to Big H, I just posted a few seconds ago... it explains the whole thing from my own personal perspective.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one is splitting hairs and I have certainly not gone off on tangents.

1. "N-o-b-o-d-y said anything about Calzaghe ducking anybody in this argument."

Calzaghe ducked and dodged throughout his career.
    2. You didn't understand the point IamInuit made. Fact.

3. You don't like Calzaghe because he "slaps" and fought Manfredo? OK. Why would I give a flying fuck who you like? Have I made a single comment about this? No. I've replied specifically to things relating to form/records. Fact.

The Fenster.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fenster... let IamInuit speak for himself. He never uttered another word after he foolishly tried to counter my "slapping" argument by arguing that Ali was a slapper. I countered with technical explanations proving that Ali was not a slapper... and he countered back with "Oh yes he was." I called him on the weakness of that counter argument, and I haven't heard a peep from him since.

As for the rest of it... frankly I'm tired of arguing with you. You're not worth the trouble. And since you're bent on having the last word, go ahead and say something stupid again. No one would expect anything less.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how Calzaghe wasn't fan friendly. He sold out stadiums and finished out his career throwing a 1000 punches a round on HBO. How more exciting can a fighter be?

If we are talking fan friendly, Calzaghe is no Bernard Hopkins.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't see how Calzaghe wasn't fan friendly. He sold out stadiums and finished out his career throwing a 1000 punches a round on HBO. How more exciting can a fighter be?

If we are talking fan friendly, Calzaghe is no Bernard Hopkins.

Miles... he sold out stadiums. No doubt about that. Any British fighter with an undefeated record, not a very common occurence for any fighter nowadays, will do that. And hand it to the British... they certainly know how to back their fighters.

But I'd rather see someone throw 100 real punches in a round, than someone throwing 1000 slaps. It's that simple. Workrate is one thing... effective punching is another. And no... Calzaghe is no Bernard Hopkins. I wouldn't exactly call Bernard fan friendly either... but for even more reasons. Not only was Bernard's mauling and grappling style painful to watch... but Hopkins himself didn't care what the fans thought or didn't think of him. Calzaghe was probably a pretty good bloke... but the "flurries" that brought the fans out of their seats were sometimes hilarious. Few real punches thrown with bad intentions. Let's just say slow-motion replays were not Calzaghe's best friends.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: Non-British perspective: Froch easier to like than was Calzaghe

Fenster... let IamInuit speak for himself. He never uttered another word after he foolishly tried to counter my "slapping" argument by arguing that Ali was a slapper. I countered with technical explanations proving that Ali was not a slapper... and he countered back with "Oh yes he was." I called him on the weakness of that counter argument, and I haven't heard a peep from him since.

As for the rest of it... frankly I'm tired of arguing with you. You're not worth the trouble. And since you're bent on having the last word, go ahead and say something stupid again. No one would expect anything less.

WTF are you talking about? Ali slapped more the Calzaghe and I witnessed the mans entire career. What do you mean I never replied? So you think that I am going to be bothered about this forums shitty ubiquitous key board wars where a bunch of hallway monitors decide what is fact and what is fiction? Calzaghe had one of the best ko ratios in boxing history prior to around the time of Omar Shieka. Thats a fucking fact.

I have not uttered another word because nothing was left to be said. The feelings you have about Calzaghe are forum urban legends. I merely attempted to correct that fallacy. So next time bring something adult and objective.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

WTF are you talking about? Ali slapped more the Calzaghe and I witnessed the mans entire career. What do you mean I never replied? So you think that I am going to be bothered about this forums shitty ubiquitous key board wars where a bunch of hallway monitors decide what is fact and what is fiction? Calzaghe had one of the best ko ratios in boxing history prior to around the time of Omar Shieka. Thats a fucking fact.

I have not uttered another word because nothing was left to be said. The feelings you have about Calzaghe are forum urban legends. I merely attempted to correct that fallacy. So next time bring something adult and objective.

Again you counter my explanation as to why Ali didn't slap with "Yes he did". Do you and Fenster attend the same grade school? Back up your claims with facts or technical explanations, or slink back into the shadows.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are not many boxing forums left. They have largely become some kind of stupid club. That is to say something other then a boxing discussion forum. Personal insults and stagnation.

I’ll stick to what I said in this thread and have seen nothing remotely factual to change my mind.

But by all means keep up the fight even if it’s a lost cause. You say you are impartial and yet set out to prove otherwise. I’m convinced. No need to go along further.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    There are not many boxing forums left. They have largely become some kind of stupid club. That is to say something other then a boxing discussion forum. Personal insults and stagnation.

I’ll stick to what I said in this thread and have seen nothing remotely factual to change my mind.

But by all means keep up the fight even if it’s a lost cause. You say you are impartial and yet set out to prove otherwise. I’m convinced. No need to go along further.

Yeah... big words my man. Back them up with facts. Don't sit there and just say that Ali slapped. Back it up with explanations, observations. Anything but "yes he did." You've posted about a dozen times and have yet to say anything other than "yes he did." From the very first, I gave you a good explanation as to why he didn't. Calzaghe slapped. Ali didn't. Prove me wrong. But no... you and Fenster come from the same school of thought.

I'm still waiting.

Thread Information