Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Please Answer 2 Of My Questions Without Laughing At Me Please?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can Someone Please Answer 2 Of My Questions Without Laughing At Me Please?

I'm no boxing expert, so I thought I'd ask you all a couple of questions.

1. Given Mike Tyson's age, does he still have the punching power to kill an untrained fighter?

2. Many prisons have boxing leagues. Why couldn't Mike Tyson participate in boxing while he was in prison long ago?I know that he is a pro, but prison members are very tough.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Someone Please Answer 2 Of My Questions Without Laughing At Me Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Capa View Post

1. Given Mike Tyson's age, does he still have the punching power to kill an untrained fighter?

2. Many prisons have boxing leagues. Why couldn't Mike Tyson participate in boxing while he was in prison long ago?I know that he is a pro, but prison members are very tough.

Thank you.
    No he doesn't. Once you hit 30 you cant kill someone in a fight trained or not.

He did take part. He got his ass handed to him by Wesley Snipes. They made a film about it.

Welcome to the forum.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Someone Please Answer 2 Of My Questions Without Laughing At Me Please?

1. No, Sports Science proved once you hit 30 you can no longer kill a man with a punch.

2. He did well until he fought Wesley Snipes and got KO'd, after that he quit

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    1. No, Sports Science proved once you hit 30 you can no longer kill a man with a punch.

Great/warped minds think alike.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Great/warped minds think alike.
    He came to the right place to ask questions about Tyson, because if we know one thing its MIKE TYSON.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignore these two posters it has been scientifically proven they are idiots.

Tyson can still kill.

He did not participate in boxing because King had a big fat MGM contract waiting for him when he came outside and he did not want to jepordise that option.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any decent impact to the head can kill a man, whether trained or not, but of course a devastating puncher has a much better probability of doing it. Really, the idea of possibly killing someone isn't a serious concern to these guys as they're TRYING their damndest to hit the other guy just as hard as they can.

Power is the last thing to go. Earnie Shavers, Big George, Bob Foster could still turn any man's light out with a punch.

There was no boxing in the Indiana Prison where Mike Tyson was incarcerated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised many of the most devastating punchers never did kill anyone.
    Dempsey, Julian Jackson, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Tommy Hearns, Bob Foster, Earnie Shavers. Baer did.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you.
    It depends on so many factors. Is the untrained fighter tough? Is he built to take a punch? Does he hit his head on the landing? Not impossible that you or me can kill someone with a punch let alone Tyson, however it is improbable.

I'm not aware of his prison time so I refer you to @Master and his reply.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you.

He did take part. He got his ass handed to him by Wesley Snipes. They made a film about it.

Welcome to the forum.
    Memphis you are a cunt.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just laughed at you, what a prattish post.

Boxing is a sport FFS, the noble art, talk of killing people in the ring just attracts the ghouls and perverts who have previously posted, enjoy their company.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deaths in Boxing are not a joking matter. It's a reality. Every year, men die from Boxing.

Manuel Velazquez Boxing Fatality collection documents 1865 men who died from Boxing as of Oct 2011.

Updated as of Oct 2011:
    http://ejmas.com/jcs/velazquez/Death...2011_Final.pdf

Original from 2007:
    Journal of Combative Sport: Boxing Fatalities, Svinth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

Boxing is a sport FFS, the noble art, talk of killing people in the ring just attracts the ghouls and perverts who have previously posted, enjoy their company.
    I agree with you man.

We don't want to see people dead, especially not in boxing, this is gladiators of y2k+ not Rome

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

I agree with you man.

We don't want to see people dead, especially not in boxing, this is gladiators of y2k+ not Rome
    Given the questions and their context; I think he meant not in the ring, but in jail could he kill an 'untrained fighter' with a blow.

that is telling right there that it isnt going to be in ring, untrained fighters dont get to fight leg Iron Mike.

I think also from the second question he is wondering if Mike was classed as being way above any prison league fighters and if that why he never fought in there.

Bare fisted I recon Mike would of killed an untrained fighter in jail if he caught him in the temple with a leaping hook. Dude would of hit a concrete yard too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

lol, lmao, smh and *facepalm*. All in that order.

Thread Information