Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    @ruthless rocco - Are you advocating that Floyd, or any fighter for that matter, shouldn't take challenges to preserve their brand? This is one of the more remarkable posts I've seen from you. You genuinely enjoy the business of boxing more than the sport of boxing. You cheer Floyd's savvy business decisions to the detriment of making challenging fights.

Take your train of thought of apply it to all fighters. No one would fight anyone they didn't have to fight. I'm just curious - did you cheer when Peter Quillin vacated his title instead of fighting Korobov?
    You're missing the point. Floyd isn't most boxers. He's unique. He's the highest level of the sport, both the athleticism and the business ends. There is no other fighter that can operate the way he does. It's not about applying this train of thought to all other fighters. I'm trying to explain why Floyd won't and doesn't need to fight GGG. He is better and smarter than other fighters. Why is that such a problem for you?

Did you not read my post? How are Floyd's fights against guys like Maidana or Guerrero any less challenging than Armstrong or Robinson's fights against larger and heavier guys with pathetic and close to losing records? Why is it that Floyd gets no credit for continuing to fight top contenders at his own weight division? Would you respect Floyd if he moved up to middleweight and fought guys with 12-5-4 or 9-10-4 records like Robinson and Armstrong did or like Jones did with Ruiz? Of course you wouldn't.

You guys are bitching about nothing like a bunch of cry babies.

This seems really really easy to understand. I'm sorry I can't explain it to you.
    Ur kidding, right? R u trolling tight now? Ur not that dumb, r u? The guy who is on here throwing a tantrum because people said they would like to see Floyd challenge himself and fight GGG is saying other people have hurt feelings? Look kid, we gave Floyd his due and laid out examples of other greats who challenged themselves. If u constantly push the envelope and fight the best u r going to lose. Happens to everyone. No one said Floyd was a bum or sucking anyone, just said that it was an intriguing fight to see. As Floyd's #1 fan u come out of left field like a scorned woman and start whining and crying all hysterical. Like Biggie said: "Get a grip..."

What u r saying, is that once a fighter reaches the P4P level, they should maintain their record and avoid historical fights that r dangerous. I try not insult people on here, but that is probably the dumbest thought I've read and u seem like a moron. Or a really good troll. If u r a troll, job well done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Floyd never fights Manny...

Floyd might very well be ducking Manny, it's a boxing travesty this fight is not being made. (It should've happened years ago) Whatever faults Floyd might have, he's not completely out of his mind by even thinking for a micro second about GGG. Golovkin is a monster who should be avoided by all even in his own division!!! Cotto and Canelo must be on GGG's radar, i wonder if GGG is on theirs? Floyd isn't even thinking about it. IMO it's Manny or bust for Floyd. It's insane this fight is not happening.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Floyd might very well be ducking Manny, it's a boxing travesty this fight is not being made. (It should've happened years ago) Whatever faults Floyd might have, he's not completely out of his mind by even thinking for a micro second about GGG. Golovkin is a monster who should be avoided by all even in his own division!!! Cotto and Canelo must be on GGG's radar, i wonder if GGG is on theirs? Floyd isn't even thinking about it. IMO it's Manny or bust for Floyd. It's insane this fight is not happening.
    Yeah if Floyd goes up to MW, it'll be against Cotto to try to become the MW champ. There's no way he's going to fight GGG, it's a suicide mission.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Ur kidding, right? R u trolling tight now? Ur not that dumb, r u? The guy who is on here throwing a tantrum because people said they would like to see Floyd challenge himself and fight GGG is saying other people have hurt feelings? Look kid, we gave Floyd his due and laid out examples of other greats who challenged themselves. If u constantly push the envelope and fight the best u r going to lose. Happens to everyone. No one said Floyd was a bum or sucking anyone, just said that it was an intriguing fight to see. As Floyd's #1 fan u come out of left field like a scorned woman and start whining and crying all hysterical. Like Biggie said: "Get a grip..."

What u r saying, is that once a fighter reaches the P4P level, they should maintain their record and avoid historical fights that r dangerous. I try not insult people on here, but that is probably the dumbest thought I've read and u seem like a moron. Or a really good troll. If u r a troll, job well done.
    I'm not sure you know how to read. I never said any of the things you claim. Try looking over my post and sounding out the words. If you're having trouble understanding you could ask your mom or maybe your next door neighbour.

As for Biggie, that marble mouthed chunk of meatloaf sucked at life. Now he's dead.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 10-08-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At his age doesn't really matter anymore why move up when he still has guys he can make more money on as for Pac after he got killed by Jmm that fight doesn't make have chills anymore. Mayweather has fought for along time and i think he will actually be able to speak clearly and have money still.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    At his age doesn't really matter anymore why move up when he still has guys he can make more money on as for Pac after he got killed by Jmm that fight doesn't make have chills anymore. Mayweather has fought for along time and i think he will actually be able to speak clearly and have money still.

Thank you! Finally someone with a brain enters the discussion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Half of what you write about Armstrong is parroting what other's have written on this forum which takes a very small brain to do. Mayweather would win plenty of 170 fights no doubt but there is no way he could go through that many fights and be in the kind of shape he exhibits today and remain undefeated on paper. He's already starting to sound more like pops even without the head shots. Try to imagine what stepping into to the ring with 20 or so amature swarmers with Chino's power would do. Let me help you out. He would avoid most of the punishment of a single fight but the accumulated blows is what does the damage. He doesn't get the 6 months rest between fights to prepare. as so on...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

Half of what you write about Armstrong is parroting what other's have written on this forum which takes a very small brain to do. Mayweather would win plenty of 170 fights no doubt but there is no way he could go through that many fights and be in the kind of shape he exhibits today and remain undefeated on paper. He's already starting to sound more like pops even without the head shots. Try to imagine what stepping into to the ring with 20 or so amature swarmers with Chino's power would do. Let me help you out. He would avoid most of the punishment of a single fight but the accumulated blows is what does the damage. He doesn't get the 6 months rest between fights to prepare. as so on...
    You, like the other dummies that have responded so far have missed my point. Armstrong fought bums through out his entire career. If Floyd were fighting 160LB guys with terrible records like Armstrong did would you be praising him? No! You'd say he was crap cherry picking fighters with 12-5-4 records. Floyd doesn't have to fight 14 times a year because he's talented, skilled, determined & smart enough to market his career so that he's not only the best fighter at his weight class but also the highest paid athlete in the world.

You guys are all the same. You read my post and try to put words in my mouth. Let me help you out: You're a moron.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

You, like the other dummies that have responded so far have missed my point. Armstrong fought bums through out his entire career. If Floyd were fighting 160LB guys with terrible records like Armstrong did would you be praising him? No! You'd say he was crap cherry picking fighters with 12-5-4 records. Floyd doesn't have to fight 14 times a year because he's talented, skilled, determined & smart enough to market his career so that he's not only the best fighter at his weight class but also the highest paid athlete in the world.

You guys are all the same. You read my post and try to put words in my mouth. Let me help you out: You're a moron.
    Rocco, you are an idiot. No one is putting words in your mouth, you just say a ton of stupid things. It's also laughable and pathetic to create a persona who talks tough on the internet. Armstrong, JCC, Robinson...etc., do not get grief for fighting bums because they fought every month, used those bums as tune ups, and fought damn near every available big challenge they could. No one is giving Floyd grief, really. But if you proclaim yourself the best ever, have some accomplishments to back that up. JLC, Hatton, and Chico don't get you there. You can go back to playing world of Warcraft on your mommy's computer now...

Thread Information