5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

INSIDE MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO | Episode 3

He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    http://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/...b3328710e01e7b

Is the girl in red on the left taking a selfie??
    I would've taken her picture for her....
    That is a great ass.
    Reminded me of AL Pacino.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jvTpEoi0tzE

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -No grudge from Manny

Manny has let it go

There were the accusations he was using steroids.There was the video of the racist rant.
    There were the disparaging remarks that he had lost a couple of fights and had to work his way back to the top of the list and wasn’t worthy of being part of a megafight.
    Manny Pacquiao had heard it all from Floyd Mayweather Jr. and his family. And for a while, he was angry about it.
    How angry? The two-term congressman from the Philippines sued the Mayweathers for defamation of character after they publicly alleged Pacquiao was using performance-enhancing drugs in 2009.
    Pacquiao claims to no longer bear any grudges against Mayweather. They settled the slander case out of court (Pacquiao was awarded $114,000). Pacquiao supposedly has let bygones be bygones over the racist remarks Mayweather made about Pacquiao cooking rice for him.
    In the 2010 video that appeared on Ustream.com, Mayweather chided Pacquiao by calling him “Poochiao” and then lit into him with this tirade:
    “I’m on vacation for about a year, about a year. As soon as we come off vacation, we’re going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain’t worried about that. So they ain’t gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don’t want you all to jump on my (expletive). So you all better get on the bandwagon now. … Once I stomp the midget, I’ll make that mother (expletive) make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice.”
    But that was then and this is now. On Saturday, Pacquiao and Mayweather finally will meet inside the ring and settle their differences at the MGM Grand Garden.
    The run-up to the megafight, which is expected to break every gate and pay-per-view record in boxing history, has been civil between the fighters — particularly from Mayweather, 38, who has gone out of his way to praise Pacquiao and his 57-5-2 record with 38 knockouts.
    “I hope when the fight is over, we can pray together,” Pacquiao said. “For me, this is not personal. But it’s personal for the boxing fans. We have to prove something to the fans.”

Despite taunts, Pacquiao holds no grudge toward Mayweather Jr. | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Genuine mega-bout ?

Great article from The Age

Is it a genuine Mega-bout?

(check out the link, great embedded Video too) Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao fight: a genuine mega-bout?

Boxing's history is full of so-called mega-fights - bouts that transcend the boundaries of the rapidly shrinking ranks of genuine fans and pique the interest of the wider public. With promoters like Don King and Bob Arum - who this week claimed that his charge Manny Pacquiao had been responsible for saving countrywoman Mary Jane Veloso from execution alongside the Bali Nine ring leaders - the hype can be overwhelming and the fight can often fail to live up to the expectations. This is particularly when one or both of the fighters are past their best, but there are times when an absolute classic results. But what will this clash between two of the finest boxers of their generation be?
    There are many opinions, although the undefeated Mayweather is a strong favourite. Mayweather and Pacquiao have been at each other for years and for good reason as they are among the finest fighters of their generation. Well, if you listen to Mayweather, that is actually doing him an injustice as he believes that he is the best ever, surpassing the universially acknowledged title holders Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. For the uninitiated that is what the 'TBE' stands for on the cap that he wears. It was a boast that did not escape Ali's attention....................

Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao fight: a genuine mega-bout?

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -Tyson calls FMJ scared

Iron Mike Tyson has called Floyd "a little scared man" in anger over Mayweathers claims to be better than Ali, Robinson etc

Mike Tyson has launched an astonishing attack on Floyd Mayweather, calling the unbeaten American a "little scared man" and "delusional" for comparing himself to Muhammad Ali in the build-up to Saturday's super-fight against Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.
    "He's very delusional," the ferocious former heavyweight champion said. "He can't listen. If he was anywhere near that realm of greatness with Ali, he'd be able to take his children to school by himself
    "He can't take his children to school by himself and you're talking about he's great? Greatness is not guarding himself from the people. Greatness is being accepted by the people.
    "He's a little scared man. He's a very small, scared man."
    Last week, welterweight Mayweather, who is unbeaten in all of his 47 professional fights, reiterated his claim that he is a better fighter than Ali, widely known as "The Greatest".
    "No disrespect to Muhammad Ali, but he did it in one division. I just look at Ali's career when he fought Leon Spinks and lost to a fighter with seven fights," Mayweather said.

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Mike Tyson launches attack on 'little scared man' Mayweather for Muhammad Ali comparison - Boxing - More Sports - The Independent

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -Thoughts of Fighters

The thoughts of fighters

On Saturday in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will engage in the richest fight in history at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    So much has been said about the numbers involved that it is sometimes difficult to remember there are other things at stake - namely the WBC, WBA and WBO welterweight titles and the title of best boxer of the modern era.
    It is a fight everyone has an opinion on and BBC Sport has pooled the thoughts of boxers past and present, including some of the sport's greatest names.

Hopkins
    Froch
    Marquez
    Jones JR

Khan
    Hatton
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Tyson
    Brook

Foreman
    Mosely
    De La Hoya
    McQuigan

BBC Sport - Mayweather v Pacquiao: Boxing greats predict fight outcome
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -glove check

Roach claims the Floyd's gloves have not been checked

Manny Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach has claimed that Floyd Mayweather's camp have deliberately withheld their selected gloves ahead of Saturday's superfight in Las Vegas.
    Roach used Thursday's press conference as a chance to complain that Mayweather has not submitted his custom gloves to be examined by the Nevada State Athletic Commision.
    "I just asked the Commission if both gloves will be weighed," said Roach. "Their gloves are handmade by Grant and ours by Reyes. I just want to make sure the weight is fair, but his gloves haven't showed up yet.
    "Now his gloves haven't shown up yet and I want to know what they're made out of: half-horsehair, half-foam, full foam or all horsehair. I'm concerned about what they are made of.
    "They are concerned with mine also so we've already tested mine but we haven't had the chance to test theirs yet and I'm looking forward to that."

Manny Pacquiao's trainer complains that Floyd Mayweather's gloves have not been checked

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good work, Beanz. Now hours rather than weeks or days. Let's have it!

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -Gallagher backs Manny

One of the top coaches in Britain - Joe Gallagher - gives us his plan for how Manny Pacquiao can beat Floyd Mayweather. Gallagher has identified six key rounds for the Fillipino and is tipping him to become the first man to beat Mayweather.

BBC Radio 5 live - In Short, Pacquiao's plan to beat Mayweather by Joe Gallagher
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky sports May/Pac countdown episode 4

He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great candid interviews from the two fighters.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Weigh In

Don't forget

weigh in - one hour
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Don't forget

weigh in - one hour
    Showtime will have a live stream so I will try posting it.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Don't forget

weigh in - one hour
    Showtime will have a live stream so I will try posting it.
    It will also be on Sky for Brits who have it
    Hidden Content

Thread Information