Thread: Dereck Chisora Vs Agit Kabayel? Bivol, Quigg, Solis-McDonnell - SKY/HBO

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dereck Chisora Vs Agit Kabayel? Bivol, Quigg, Solis-McDonnell - SKY/HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Bivol is an exciting fighter!!!!

That was great technique.
    do you think the guy may have taken a dive
    No way!

That was a peach of a punch!

Knockout of the year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dereck Chisora Vs Agit Kabayel? Bivol, Quigg, Solis-McDonnell - SKY/HBO

Interesting line by Bivol..I want to work on my strong suits not my weak ones. Then says he wants to be p4p? Hmmm. Nice enough guy with power. This was a gimme though not much learned.

step it up HBO

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Interesting line by Bivol..I want to work on my strong suits not my weak ones. Then says he wants to be p4p? Hmmm. Nice enough guy with power. This was a gimme though not much learned.

step it up HBO
    Bivol is a silent killer assassin.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

step it up HBO
    You're on the Jim Lampley lap wagon also huh? Just waiting for him to shout MUNSTOR FOR HIS WEIGHT and I'm done .

They make mandatory Barrera fight then we'll see some truth-telling. Hope they do!

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

step it up HBO
    You're on the Jim Lampley lap wagon also huh? Just waiting for him to shout MUNSTOR FOR HIS WEIGHT and I'm done .

They make mandatory Barrera fight then we'll see some truth-telling. Hope they do!
    Yes that will be a good test but he is good and could be the new GGG.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

step it up HBO
    he knocked the guy out with a very nothing of a right hand. he just pushed it.

i dont think the guy was ever out. he seemed to me to be awake there just never seemed to try to get up.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post

step it up HBO
    he knocked the guy out with a very nothing of a right hand. he just pushed it.

i dont think the guy was ever out. he seemed to me to be awake there just never seemed to try to get up.
    It shows you how good the knockout was. The timing was perfect and devastating. The opponents nose was cut deep from the punch.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Phantom punch? Seriously, how is it even possible for a human to react how Broadhurst did? He went down like he'd received a cattle prod up his arris.

Bivol is the rollocks (here we go, the new boys to the party will start ripping him to shreds - "e ducking Ward" These fighters exist before HBO picks them up.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-05-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Caught up with this show over the last couple of nights . Chisora proved yet again what he is (and probably Whyte) . Just goes to show what hype can do for you.
    Harlem Eubank looks like a proper box of fireworks. for his Third pro fight, he was put in relatively tough and scraped through. I'm not saying He's gonna do this or that, but it's gonna be a fun ride. There's a lot to like at the moment, but I haven't heard him open his mouth yet, that will probably change my mind.
    Now........... Bivol. Fucking hell! This guy can PUNCH. his footwork is good, technically he's very sound, he is gonna be BIG!
    I fully expect the anti GGG brigade to slate him, but that says more about them than it does about Bivol. Future World Star.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't hold your breath waiting for Harlem Eubank, after that performance Eddie said SKY weren't happy and he won't be on his shows for a while now, needs to learn on the smaller shows (brutal reality of boxers that underwhelm and don't put bums on seats, something the majority of fans are blissfully naive about)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting for Harlem Eubank, after that performance Eddie said SKY weren't happy and he won't be on his shows for a while now, needs to learn on the smaller shows (brutal reality of boxers that underwhelm and don't put bums on seats, something the majority of fans are blissfully naive about)
    Yeah I kinda heard Hearn say that, but he's a prick really. I mean, they matched Eubank really hard for his 3rd pro fight , and it was touch and go in my book. But he never made the match, Hearn did.
    Perhaps he shouldn't have been fighting on that kind of bill so early, but again, Hearn exploiting the name to garner interest, exactly like he's done with Connor Benn.
    Anyway, big fights or small halls, I'm sure he'll be entertaining, and although Adam Booth isn't my all time favourite trainer by quite a stretch, he should be able to iron out a few things with Eubank.
    I thought the footwork was very tidy for a guy with such little experience.
    Fucking hell, listen to me, complimenting a Eubank AND Adam Booth! Trust me, this is hard for me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn is a promoter not manager/trainer, he greenlights fights determined on their monetary value, on the advice of managers, matchmakers and trainers.

Adam Booth picked Eubank's opponent like he does with every fighter he manages and trains and like every other manager/trainer does out there. Remember last week when we were talking about why DeGale went with Warren? Hearn refused to pay him for the low level of opponent he was demanding.

Promoters job is to pay fighters as litlle as possible. Manager's job is the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-09-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn is a promoter not manager/trainer, he greenlights fights determined on their monetary value, on the advice of managers, matchmakers and trainers.

Adam Booth picked Eubank's opponent like he does with every fighter he manages and trains and like every other manager/trainer does out there. Remember last week when we were talking about why DeGale went with Warren? Hearn refused to pay him for the low level of opponent he was demanding.

Promoters job is to pay fighters as litlle as possible. Manager's job is the exact opposite.
    So if all of the above is true, are you telling me Hearn has no say in who AJ fights next apart from to "greenlight" it? That its down to McCracken? If that was the case, we'd be hearing McCracken being interviewed every day whether he likes it or not. Come on.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

So if all of the above is true, are you telling me Hearn has no say in who AJ fights next apart from to "greenlight" it? That its down to McCracken? If that was the case, we'd be hearing McCracken being interviewed every day whether he likes it or not. Come on.
    Not sure what you don't get? This is common stuff spoken about all the time by fighters, promoters, trainers, managers etc. Have you never heard them blaming each other after a loss? Fuck me, it happens EVERY time.

What do think fighters employ trainers/managers/agents/lawyers etc for? Why do you think promoters employ matchmakers?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Not sure what you don't get? This is common stuff spoken about all the time by fighters, promoters, trainers, managers etc. Have you never heard them blaming each other after a loss? Fuck me, it happens EVERY time.

What do think fighters employ trainers/managers/agents/lawyers etc for? Why do you think promoters employ matchmakers?
    Before we go any further, One Question . Who decides who AJ Fights?
    a. McCracken
    b. Hearn
    c. Other - if so , please name.

Thread Information