Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Has anyone in your family actualy had the Corona virus?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Yes

2 20.00%
  • No

8 80.00%
  • The Corona beer was an issue

1 10.00%
  • I wish Pervy Uncle Albert would get it.

1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody in your family had the Corona virus?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has anybody in your family had the Corona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Miles. We had a question a few days ago. Anyone know anyone that has it. It’s now become anyone in your family. The nets been narrowed to support a losing argument. Let’s not pretend that didn’t happen.
    Has the thread title changed? It is the same as at the start. The consensus is no except for Beanz who is still a likely no but went on holiday to a Corona hotel hotspot and there was no hospital or testing after despite others doing just that in his town.
    No one said the threat title changed Miles. It was a separate thread. The question has changed from do you know anyone, to does anyone n your family.

I don’t buy that it was done out of idle curiosity. It was done to make it harder to say yes to continue to support a narrative that’s on Increasing shaky ground. Just my opinion of course.
    No, you are being a bit cynical. I think the virus is dangerous and I believe you when you say you have heard of someone dying. I certainly don't wear a mask to look cool. I think they look silly.

I am not even talking about death but just having caught the virus. I have known of two people dying of different things in the past few weeks, but nobody even infected with Covid at its peak. I am just curious who has known somebody with it and especially in a family as you know all the ins and outs without filters. You would have to avoid them or see them hospitalized and all of that.

I think it is real and dangerous, but also manageable. The curve is ready to peak and yes it would help if people did not hang out in large groups. Go for a walk, but be safe, and never put another person at risk.

I am likely in the middle of Tito and Lyle on this. It is not the flu, but it is not the great plague either. You certainly do not want it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    You know full well that I’ve done no tests right? Is that the point of the question?

Let’s pretend for one second that I have and shared that with you. Then what?
    so you just believe what you were told? well you would have to tell me the method of your testing, then i could carry that out on every person i know & get the same results, that would be working towards actually knowing, no?
    Yes. I believed the words that came out of her mouth. I believed those words because they echoed what was in the message she received. From that point going backwards, it could have been a massive web of lies, I just don’t know. I didn’t think to ask for the testing procedure that was undertaken on the basis that a stranger on the internet might not believe it.

You want to test everyone you know for a virus that a) doesn’t exist or b) isn’t that serious? Why?

Let’s assume we do all that. What next? I’m keen to know where this is going.
    so you're ok with the world being shutdown & the reality of people losing their lively hoods based on beliefs? do you wear a mask when you go out? & if so why?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Just to make it crystal clear. I have no idea if i have had the corona virus or whether my Mrs, or anyone else in our family, who has been ill over the last 6 weeks has. There is no test available until you are hospitalised by it. The last time i have been more ill was about 6 or 7 years ago and then i ended up in the back of an Ambulance. Myself and the Mrs came back from Holiday to find one week later that the Hotel directly opposite to the one we stayed in was locked down full of people with Corona virus symptoms. They could not leave the Hotel or fly home.

All of us have had the flu several times before, and i can assure it was not the flu, whatever it was. At no point was any of our breathing bad enough to call for an ambulance but that does not mean we just had a bit of a cold either. I don't want to tempt fate or fuck about when perfectly healthy people a lot younger and fitter than me are dying alone in hospital, so I can literally say hand on heart, I do not know.

Also i want to be clear that this misguided idea about living in areas that are not so densely populated. You can not extrapolate from that some kind of theory that pretends it is safer. There are far fewer ICU beds (barely double figures for the whole of Cornwall) and critical care units, and with quite an elderly retired population the pressure on regional hospitals in rural areas is massive. That is why second home owners have been told to stay in their first homes.

Also thanks El Kabong for thinking that none of us dying proves your stupid little theory, ignoring the fact that perfectly healthy people are dying from it whilst the majority, even with pre-existing health conditions make a good recovery.

They think.

Also if you and Gandalf think that it is so likely that i and my family and loved ones would probably die if we had it, why were you both so keen to call me a scardy cat and a coward and a baby etc?

The crazy thing is that i have been anything but hysterical. Not here, not in my everyday life. I have to carry on. You don't get a day off when you are a carer , You don't get classed as vulnerable by the Government even if you literally cannot get out without support to shop etc. So my Mrs does not qualify for free deliveries or any help even if i am bed bound, and yet if she had to go to hospital they would score her high enough to put someone else in an ICU bed ahead of her if numbers were tight, which they are. So yeah ...fucking lecture me about responsibility and social distancing Gladys why not?

I mean if I am ill again who is going to help the Mrs wash her one hand? something as simple as that. We have an automatic dispenser but it is virtually impossible to work up enough lather with one hand to wash off any viral traces. For the disabled this is doubly scary. Yet she isn't scared she is far braver than you will ever be. She has been in an ICU unit for months, been in a coma, had to learn how to walk, talk, eat etc so she really goes at life with no fear. I would not dare be a coward when living with someone like that.

You plum.
    You have likely known about the virus since February at the latest, then got sick at the end of February/March and then only a few weeks ago were complaining about losing business because 70% of it is outdoors. I do hope you were being safe and not potentially spreading a disease that for some is dangerous by being a super spreader. Indeed, let us hope it really was only the flu.

If you knew you that hotel was a Corona one and you all had symptoms, I do not understand why you would not pursue a test or go to a hospital as you would be a risk unless you were isolating yourself completely and tracing anyone you had come across. Were you still working? Likewise, if your wife has pre-existing conditions, why would you potentially endanger her too? You saw with Johnson how it can easily develop for those who are older and not in the best of shape. Please do not take that as an attack, but more a series of questions and musings because it sounds strange.
    Pull your head out of your arse and listen for once.

There is no testing in the UK unless you are so breathless you need to phone an ambulance and be admitted to a hospital.

None.

212 dead in your country and 12,000+ in mine and you are still pretending they are the same. Stupidly acting confused as to why you know nobody with it, when the minority here will be those like you. Most will know of someone. Many have reported that and you just pretended it was bullshit or ignored them.

Also there is no way I could isolate from my Mrs so your idea that I am potentially endangering her is again fucking outrageous.

And your post absolutely was a judgemental attack in which again you made a million assumptions, the main one being, that you think I am irresponsibile and reckless.

Nuts.

That is coming from you, you absolute fuck who has for weeks been castigating me for staying in and self isolating.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I take it from 2 nurses I trust and respect. They are/were seeing numbers of patients on much more rapid declines and more ill than at any time previously in careers. On whole when admitted, not in singles. Young-old-fit-fat..equal opportunity sickness.

Have a former co worker still on a ventilator. Not family, but familiar and was healthy. I actually tried to get tested last week but was told I needed to have 'overt' signs as in constant cough or throwing up etc. I frankly don't know what it was but I do know this...I have not been sick literally in years. Not even a cold. But it came on sudden afterward with hot cold feels, sweating and dizzy and for lack of a better definition flat out discombobulated and fatigued. Had a weird ass taste in my mouth that surely was not ass but a nasty film. I actually tried to drive my car for a minute before realizing I hadn't started it yet . Lasted for about 4 days and one day at work I just stopped sweating and trying to sleep standing up. Was it Covid..no fecking idea. BP was fine and had bossman tell me ohhh it's just stress. Which was bs. I know stressful events and do well under pressure. But I def have never felt like that so sudden and consistently. I hardly think people are sheep and crying wolf about genuinely knowing their bodies and health histories.
    I believe you, but also when one says they are healthy, are they always healthy? I question that because many have conditions that they just do not know of. There are people with cancer in their bodies for more than a decade and they didn't know, there are people with heart problems that they put down to digestion issues. They never knew. Then when something else comes along, then they go. There are millions right now in America who think they are healthy, but unless they do the full checks they just do not know. Many are not even insured. Heck, my estrogen was a case in point. Not harmful, but you just do not know what is happening unless you get the data back.

Your 4 days symptoms sound like one of my panic attacks and are a sign that you need some serious rest! Don't work yourself too hard and go easy on yourself. Some have stress from not working at all, others have stress from working too much. Heck people are even killing themselves because they cannot leave the house. All sorts of strange physiological things are at work in times of immense abnormality.
    Seriously Gladys?

Punch yourself in the face for your own good.

Not just moving the goalposts but smashing them up, burying them and then pretending you have never even heard of football.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to make it crystal clear. I have no idea if i have had the corona virus or whether my Mrs, or anyone else in our family, who has been ill over the last 6 weeks has. There is no test available until you are hospitalised by it. The last time i have been more ill was about 6 or 7 years ago and then i ended up in the back of an Ambulance. Myself and the Mrs came back from Holiday to find one week later that the Hotel directly opposite to the one we stayed in was locked down full of people with Corona virus symptoms. They could not leave the Hotel or fly home.

All of us have had the flu several times before, and i can assure it was not the flu, whatever it was. At no point was any of our breathing bad enough to call for an ambulance but that does not mean we just had a bit of a cold either. I don't want to tempt fate or fuck about when perfectly healthy people a lot younger and fitter than me are dying alone in hospital, so I can literally say hand on heart, I do not know.

Also i want to be clear that this misguided idea about living in areas that are not so densely populated. You can not extrapolate from that some kind of theory that pretends it is safer. There are far fewer ICU beds (barely double figures for the whole of Cornwall) and critical care units, and with quite an elderly retired population the pressure on regional hospitals in rural areas is massive. That is why second home owners have been told to stay in their first homes.

Also thanks El Kabong for thinking that none of us dying proves your stupid little theory, ignoring the fact that perfectly healthy people are dying from it whilst the majority, even with pre-existing health conditions make a good recovery.

They think.

Also if you and Gandalf think that it is so likely that i and my family and loved ones would probably die if we had it, why were you both so keen to call me a scardy cat and a coward and a baby etc?

The crazy thing is that i have been anything but hysterical. Not here, not in my everyday life. I have to carry on. You don't get a day off when you are a carer , You don't get classed as vulnerable by the Government even if you literally cannot get out without support to shop etc. So my Mrs does not qualify for free deliveries or any help even if i am bed bound, and yet if she had to go to hospital they would score her high enough to put someone else in an ICU bed ahead of her if numbers were tight, which they are. So yeah ...fucking lecture me about responsibility and social distancing Gladys why not?

I mean if I am ill again who is going to help the Mrs wash her one hand? something as simple as that. We have an automatic dispenser but it is virtually impossible to work up enough lather with one hand to wash off any viral traces. For the disabled this is doubly scary. Yet she isn't scared she is far braver than you will ever be. She has been in an ICU unit for months, been in a coma, had to learn how to walk, talk, eat etc so she really goes at life with no fear. I would not dare be a coward when living with someone like that.

You plum.
    You have likely known about the virus since February at the latest, then got sick at the end of February/March and then only a few weeks ago were complaining about losing business because 70% of it is outdoors. I do hope you were being safe and not potentially spreading a disease that for some is dangerous by being a super spreader. Indeed, let us hope it really was only the flu.

If you knew you that hotel was a Corona one and you all had symptoms, I do not understand why you would not pursue a test or go to a hospital as you would be a risk unless you were isolating yourself completely and tracing anyone you had come across. Were you still working? Likewise, if your wife has pre-existing conditions, why would you potentially endanger her too? You saw with Johnson how it can easily develop for those who are older and not in the best of shape. Please do not take that as an attack, but more a series of questions and musings because it sounds strange.

There is no testing in the UK unless you are so breathless you need to phone an ambulance and be admitted to a hospital.

None.

212 dead in your country and 12,000+ in mine and you are still pretending they are the same. Stupidly acting confused as to why you know nobody with it, when the minority here will be those like you. Most will know of someone. Many have reported that and you just pretended it was bullshit or ignored them.

Also there is no way I could isolate from my Mrs so your idea that I am potentially endangering her is again fucking outrageous.

And your post absolutely was a judgemental attack in which again you made a million assumptions, the main one being, that you think I am irresponsibile and reckless.

Nuts.

That is coming from you, you absolute fuck who has for weeks been castigating me for staying in and self isolating.
    I know people from England, the US, Canada and none have had family members with it.

If she had the Corona virus she should have been in a hospital. For her own safety and also to alert authorities and potentially track anyone around you. How many people did you pass from your hotel to your home? Unless it was the flu which is more likely the case as it is common and most get it every year or two.

I asked nicely to make a Hitler video, but you have not replied so to make us even I made my own. It is very funny and shall premier it this evening.

I hope you laugh at and enjoy it. It is a sign of homage to make a satirical parody video of someone. No hometowns or family is mentioned. The funniest lines cover various characters.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A cold is different to the flu. A cold you can work through but a flu is more severe and really knocks you back. Takes days to recover for a normal person.

As I am super human I have never had the flu but know someone in my family that has had the flu.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They think.

You plum.

None.

Nuts.

I know people from England, the US, Canada and none have had family members with it.

If she had the Corona virus she should have been in a hospital. For her own safety and also to alert authorities and potentially track anyone around you. How many people did you pass from your hotel to your home? Unless it was the flu which is more likely the case as it is common and most get it every year or two.

I asked nicely to make a Hitler video, but you have not replied so to make us even I made my own. It is very funny and shall premier it this evening.

I hope you laugh at and enjoy it. It is a sign of homage to make a satirical parody video of someone. No hometowns or family is mentioned. The funniest lines cover various characters.
    So basically what you are doing is calling everybody a liar. You not knowing anyone with the symptoms proves nothing.

And don't presume to know the slightest thing about my Mrs. You arrogant little shit. It astounds me the new depths you are willing to plumb everyday in order to again make it again about you being the hero who has planned everything and through his own responsibility is some untouchable God, and everyone else is a feckless, selfish loser who deserves anything that happens to them.

Again you are not listening. We had no symptoms on leaving the hotel or traveling back home in February and the Hotel opposite was not quarantined until a week after we left. Then they announced that on the news. Are we supposed to have then used a time machine and went back to retrace our steps and announced to someone that after we arrive home we may be about to get ill so we better self isolate in a building full of hundreds of people instead of at home with just two of us?

They are not tracking anyone. They are not testing anyone unless you are rushed to hospital on deaths door. Do you think she fancies going to hospital only to be told sorry the ICU bed that would have saved your life has been reserved for someone who could not take part in the Paralympics, because Gladys urged everyone to vote for a Government that has like him, been backing Eugenics based policies for years?

There are no interim procedures set up to test people who may have symptoms. Doctors surgeries and consultations happen over the phone and they just tell you to stay home and self isolate. And once again we both know what the flu is like and that does not feel like this or drag on for weeks.

You are full on mental.

You don't need to ask my permission to copy my parody video from years ago, and you could never ever hope to possibly make us even. I am not the nasty fucker that you are. Never have been and never will be. Look at the way you talk to others in this thread like some pompous sociopath, dismissing posters as though they are all as mentally fragile as you, Jordy and Stefan the unhinged fucking loser.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TIC I’m going to assume that the decision to shut the world down wasn’t based solely on my fourth hand experience. I shared that experience prior to the need to have documented proof of a diagnosis and a personally developed testing plan. Truth be told I had no idea it would come back to haunt me.

I’ve said many times over that the socioeconomic fall out will be huge. I have total sympathy for anyone affected be that medically or financially or any other way possible. On a personal note the world closing down is a minor inconvenience. For others it will be huge.

No I don’t wear a mask. I don’t have an issue with maintaining social distancing and should I get attacked by a suicide cougher, I doubt a mask is going to save me.

So what happens after you’ve tested everyone you know?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You didn't think to go to hospital for something that could kill someone with existing conditions and could easily deteriorate? You sound so cautious most of the time yet here sound reckless. 142 have been confirmed there so your wife could have been too. She would surely be a priority with a long medical history. It sounds like the flu, but if you think it was Covid and everyone with existing conditions in your family did not need a doctor or hospital then who am I to interfere with this new health revelation? It really is your life, but despite your hostility I wish you no harm. BTW where was the hotel and this virus hotspot?

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You didn't think to go to hospital for something that could kill someone with existing conditions and could easily deteriorate? You sound so cautious most of the time yet here sound reckless. 142 have been confirmed there so your wife could have been too. She would surely be a priority with a long medical history. It sounds like the flu, but if you think it was Covid and everyone with existing conditions in your family did not need a doctor or hospital then who am I to interfere with this new health revelation? It really is your life, but despite your hostility I wish you no harm. BTW where was the hotel and this virus hotspot?
    You are fortunate i am even speaking to you. You are a human rat. Nothing more. But i am not like you so i will give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe there is a shred of humanity deep inside you fighting to survive

We were in Tenerife Costa Adeje https://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...islands-latest

I even posted here while on the holiday.

Again you refuse to listen. It has always been that this place is your soapbox. Your ranting ground. You seem to think the worst of most of the other posters. It is nuts.

Neither of us are hypochondriacs like you. Neither are we cautious and timid and meek like you. We take risks. I take risks just like most people I know, my job is not a secure one. That is the reality of working in the arts being self employed and running your own businesses also. That does not mean i am reckless. I am used to working from home but until very recently i found that impossible with being so ill, and she was far less affected. It does not seem to hit women as hard.

The amazing thing is how without me even relaying any of the symptoms we have, and continue to have, you still insist it sounds like flu. Anyone would thing you have already made you mind up

And again no..she is not a priority at all. I have been telling you this for years and you did not give a shit about all those people like her swept under the carpet by the twats you urged everyone to support. She scores so highly she would not get a bed in ICU.

Fuck me. It is like pulling teeth.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TIC I’m going to assume that the decision to shut the world down wasn’t based solely on my fourth hand experience. I shared that experience prior to the need to have documented proof of a diagnosis and a personally developed testing plan. Truth be told I had no idea it would come back to haunt me.

I’ve said many times over that the socioeconomic fall out will be huge. I have total sympathy for anyone affected be that medically or financially or any other way possible. On a personal note the world closing down is a minor inconvenience. For others it will be huge.

No I don’t wear a mask. I don’t have an issue with maintaining social distancing and should I get attacked by a suicide cougher, I doubt a mask is going to save me.

So what happens after you’ve tested everyone you know?
    you believe covid 19 is real, i am just asking you to prove it, so i know it is real. there must be a test i can perform that will tell me if someone has it or not right? or is it only the special tests carried out by the authorities that can do that? this is your belief, i'm just asking you to prove it's real. do you think anyone has ever been misdiagnosed for something or medical errors have ever occurred? that never happens, yeh? but we should all just trust what is being said now yeh? you'd have to give me a test that will prove it's real because i can't just take your word, if your test proves it's real i would then know it is, as would you, rather than just believing

El Kabong Guest

What belief is it you think I’m trying to uphold Lyle?
    You fully buy Beanz's story no questions asked

I thought and said as much right at the start of this. Not as serious as flu. Interim flu I think I called it. I now think I was wrong in doing so. Stupid in fact. It very quickly became far more serious.
    Ok

My interest was and is only in understanding this idea that it’s no more serious than flu, yet needing some form of proof that someone might have had it.
    Well this pandemic is fucking up everyday lives and allowing various federal and local governments to trample on the rights of citizens so when one person claims many people in their family have had it and 0 have been hospitalized and 0 have been tested and from what we have been repeatedly told by this person there ARE serious comorbidities at play here.....yeah I find THAT odd.

Then dismissing this claim because there was no test. All the while quoting CDC numbers on flu that are estimated because millions upon millions of people never get tested.
    Not "no test" but "no TESTS" plural...none of the people who claimed to have experienced it had a test OR went to hospital. Seems odd what with it being a "super serious deadly disease" does it not? You're telling me that you think they had this and had 0 respiratory distress? Or No respiratory distress that required a visit to a doctor? None of that brings up questions in your mind?

Seems odd to me.
    Oh, well right now I'm suffering from Pneumonic Plague I think....but I've not been to doctor or hospital or been tested....but it doesn't feel like the flu so obviously it's the pnuemonic plague. No real medication they can give you either you know it's just sunshine and rest you know....just gotta muscle through it right?

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bit weird having you talk about me as though i am not here so just to make it clear El Kabong.

The tests you think are so readily available here, are about as real as your Presidents claim that he is the one who has been taking this seriously all along, and that anyone who says otherwise is fake news.

They are not available unless you are at deaths door putting it frankly.

The gap between being perfectly healthy and on Death's Door is a pretty big one and in no way proves your stupid suggestion that is all or nothing. Minor or no symptoms or Death. That is how reductive, binary and fucking stupid all your arguments are.

Neither of us has Asthma, Chronic lung disease, Diabetes, Kidney or Liver Disease of the kind that would make us more vulnerable to respiratory failure. So no of course we have not been to hospital and no the Doctors is not just open for business as usual.

It is mental how much you are willing to assume and how little you are willing to believe. Is that because you are a compulsive liar yourself or something? Or are you just paranoid? I honestly don't know where your insane suspicion of everything comes from. Are you doing a cocktail of Ketamine and Acid like Trump everyday or something? I can't keep up with your mental gymnastics.

It is amazing that you would think posters here, not just myself would be willing to makes stuff up purely in order to do what? Prove you wrong? Bloody hell man what is wrong with you?
    Hidden Content

Thread Information