Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Walrus' Bitcoin Thread

https://es.investing.com/crypto/bitcoin/btc-usd

Seeing as to how I like you... I decided to surprise you with your own Bitcoin thread. No need to thank me. The tears of joy in your eyes are thanks enough.

I was even nice enough to attach the site where you can refer to the graphs and shit like that.

Sorry it's in Spanish... but the computer at the hotel the wife and I are staying at currently has Spanish as its default browser settings... and I'm too lazy to change them.

Who knows... I might even become interested in Bitcoin, at which point I'll be sure to look you up for some pointers.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Walrus' Bitcoin Thread

Very nice thanks but does this mean I just can’t randomly insert the price in everythread? That was kinda fun for me, won’t be when it goes back down to 3k which I assure you it will.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Very nice thanks but does this mean I just can’t randomly insert the price in everythread? That was kinda fun for me, .
    I actually found it amusing! Outta nowhere, Bitcoin at 33k -Damn now I think I need to go back to find a FB request where some chick lured me into being a friend, then went bitcoin on me!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very nice thanks but does this mean I just can’t randomly insert the price in everythread? That was kinda fun for me, won’t be when it goes back down to 3k which I assure you it will.

Actually it was kinda like those ticker tape things scrolling on the bottom on your TV when you're watching the news or sports.

So yeah... I was sorta warming up to it.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well an acquaintance of mine got into bitcoin right before the 20% drop. We talked a bit, I don’t give advice just thoughts I told him I’d be weary at buying at these current highs. Well he went ahead and quickly saw it plummet. At least he isn’t blaming me, he just said “that has happened to me with stocks in the past.” Actually laughed so hopefully he just threw in a couple hundred. I’m a little worried about one of my coworkers he was going crazy with another crypto told me it would beat out bitcoin.hopefully he listened to one thing I said when he asked my opinion, I said don’t put in more than you can afford to lose. He sent me an email today, general not about bitcoin but he didn’t throw in a couple jokes like usual.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know you have made it when you get a thread named after you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You know you have made it when you get a thread named after you.
    Opinions vary greatly on that I can assure you.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bitcoin hit 60k today congrats all you hodlers, all who who dismissed buffet, diamond, munger and crew. All the fud and mocking. A year ago bitcoin was at 4K today we are at 60k big difference if you follow math

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find this very interesting. I have three coins that now pay interest. One is called DAI which is a stable coin, pays 2% apy. The other is ALGO, which I got for free in an airdrop, that pays 4%apy. Now ethereum, which is the second biggest coin by market cap can be staked at 6% apy. Now the interest is payed in the particular coin so you gotta take that into consideration and the value on these things, except DAI can be all over the place but the fact that some cryptos actually pay interest is quite fascinating. Doesn’t mean it can’t go to shit, doesn't mean it is a safe thing just interesting seeing what these things do. I did have to lock up some of my eth to get the 6% but since all I do is hold it to go along for the ride I really don’t care. I always half expect the shit to go belly up any minute so I’m not overly concerned at any given moment

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find this very interesting. I have three coins that now pay interest. One is called DAI which is a stable coin, pays 2% apy. The other is ALGO, which I got for free in an airdrop, that pays 4%apy. Now ethereum, which is the second biggest coin by market cap can be staked at 6% apy. Now the interest is payed in the particular coin so you gotta take that into consideration and the value on these things, except DAI can be all over the place but the fact that some cryptos actually pay interest is quite fascinating. Doesn’t mean it can’t go to shit, doesn't mean it is a safe thing just interesting seeing what these things do. I did have to lock up some of my eth to get the 6% but since all I do is hold it to go along for the ride I really don’t care. I always half expect the shit to go belly up any minute so I’m not overly concerned at any given moment
    Silvio Micali up there in Massachusettes came up with that...from what I know Algorand was invented to speed up transactions and improve efficiency, in response to the slow transaction times of Bitcoin and other blockchains. Its SUPPOSED to have the design so that there are very much lower transaction fees, as well as no mining I guess kind of similar to Bitcoin's energy-intensive process. The cool part is that it is based on a "permissionless pure proof-of-stake blockchain protocol." Silvio came up with a beauty on this one. And at a million transactions a day it is surely on fire. He's one of the best crypto kings in the world. Thats what they churn out up there at MIT.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Silvio Micali up there in Massachusettes came up with that...from what I know Algorand was invented to speed up transactions and improve efficiency, in response to the slow transaction times of Bitcoin and other blockchains. Its SUPPOSED to have the design so that there are very much lower transaction fees, as well as no mining I guess kind of similar to Bitcoin's energy-intensive process. The cool part is that it is based on a "permissionless pure proof-of-stake blockchain protocol." Silvio came up with a beauty on this one. And at a million transactions a day it is surely on fire. He's one of the best crypto kings in the world. Thats what they churn out up there at MIT.
    Ha ha I see you right. I didn’t even know that. Got some free in November 2020 and I was surprised how well it has done. My uncle went to MIT. I wish I had picked up a little more back then but so many of these are “shitcoins” that crash and burn. There are a handful that are well established but even they are all over the place. Everyday though I’m getting more Algo, granted it’s only 2% apy but it’s been consistent and it didn’t cost me anything. Shit wait DAI pays 2% I think Algo is 4 I confused myself, not hard to do.
    Last edited by walrus; 04-20-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ha I see you right. I didn’t even know that. Got some free in November 2020 and I was surprised how well it has done. My uncle went to MIT. I wish I had picked up a little more back then but so many of these are “shitcoins” that crash and burn. There are a handful that are well established but even they are all over the place. Everyday though I’m getting more Algo, granted it’s only 2% apy but it’s been consistent and it didn’t cost me anything. Shit wait DAI pays 2% I think Algo is 4 I confused myself, not hard to do.
    right, Algo is 4

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

right, Algo is 4
    No actually I looked it’s 6%. Here is the fucked up thing. I’ve had the shit for half a year. Like I said it was free. Because it was free I put it aside and forgot about it. Last month for some reason I was checking it out and noticed an Apy% alert. All I had to do was go into settings and push one button to activate it. All that time I had it sitting in a wallet could have been picking up some yield. It’s not the big a deal it’s a very small amount just a lesson you should look at things a little close when you get them. Interesting stuff.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://news.bitcoin.com/bank-of-ame...-appreciation/

Is Bank of America player hating?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bitcoin is becoming basically a government coin. it's value will drop over the next few years. hopefully walrus gets out before it falls away. i hope he got on monero & piratechain early enough. there is still time
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information