Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today In Biden Land

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    This conversation prompted me to look at the "Historical Gallup Polling comparison" of Presidents since FDR.

Some interesting shit in there.

For instance:

• Trump's average approval rating throughout his term: 41 (lowest among the previous 13 Presidents, since FDR)
    • Trump's highest approval rating while in office: 46 (only President not to crack the 50's)
    • Lowest approval rating while in office: 34 (at least a few have him beat in that category... Carter 28, Nixon 24, Truman 22)

Well... Carter suffered through the Iran hostage crisis. Nixon of course was undone by Watergate... and Truman's downfall was the Korean War.

Anyway, these are Gallup numbers... and obviously those who end up disfavored by Gallup immediately dismiss them as flawed. Unfortunately, there aren't too many other choices out there with regards to Presidential approval rating polls. (Unless of course you want to believe Fox News polls on the subject... ).

But being the thorough chap that I am, I researched Gallup themselves. Seems like Gallup obtained a grade of "B" by a site that grades polling firms.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

So I guess I don't feel TOO off base.

El Kabong Guest

This conversation prompted me to look at the "Historical Gallup Polling comparison" of Presidents since FDR.

For instance:

• Trump's average approval rating throughout his term: 41 (lowest among the previous 13 Presidents, since FDR)
    • Trump's highest approval rating while in office: 46 (only President not to crack the 50's)
    • Lowest approval rating while in office: 34 (at least a few have him beat in that category... Carter 28, Nixon 24, Truman 22)

Well... Carter suffered through the Iran hostage crisis. Nixon of course was undone by Watergate... and Truman's downfall was the Korean War.

Anyway, these are Gallup numbers... and obviously those who end up disfavored by Gallup immediately dismiss them as flawed. Unfortunately, there aren't too many other choices out there with regards to Presidential approval rating polls. (Unless of course you want to believe Fox News polls on the subject... ).

But being the thorough chap that I am, I researched Gallup themselves. Seems like Gallup obtained a grade of "B" by a site that grades polling firms.

Did Truman, Nixon, or Carter have to battle 90+% negative stories from the 24/7 newsmedia?

Hit piece after hit piece after hit piece and constant disingenuous claims?

Not like Trump did. And what irritates me is NOBODY acknowledges the media turning on a dime and covering Biden with the same fawning softball bullshit they gave Obama. Ooooh check out Joe's socks! Joe has dogs YAAAAAAY!!!!! Joe plays Mario Kart WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Meanwhile Trump breathing is enough to make the media seethe in anger.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

For instance:

Did Truman, Nixon, or Carter have to battle 90+% negative stories from the 24/7 newsmedia?

Hit piece after hit piece after hit piece and constant disingenuous claims?

Not like Trump did. And what irritates me is NOBODY acknowledges the media turning on a dime and covering Biden with the same fawning softball bullshit they gave Obama. Ooooh check out Joe's socks! Joe has dogs YAAAAAAY!!!!! Joe plays Mario Kart WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Only the media which everyone knows is biased and unreliable. Whether anyone cares to admit this or not... news media like CNN are WIDELY perceived by the public in general as totally biased to the left, and Trump haters at that.
    BUT..... let it also be said that Trump made it his business from Day One to treat the media with the same hostility which became his trademark.
    Who shot the first salvos? It's a matter of personal opinion.
    But from the get-go, Trump dug his trenches, and prepared for the war he himself helped create.
    Think about it. You yourself have claimed that the media "LOVED" Trump ( ) when he was just a pompous New Yorker with Celebrity Apprentice fame.
    Why the sudden turn to view him as Public Enemy #1? Deep State related? Nah. Trump's own doing, for the most part.
    I speak for myself.
    I was willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, because deep down, I couldn't stand the thought of Hillary as President.
    But Trump quickly dismantled that benefit all by his lonesome.
    To dismiss my (and others like me) turn on Trump as some sort of "biased-media-fed" propaganda..... is if you think about it an insult to my own intelligence and abilities of discernment.
    In this age of endless videos and sound bites... nobody depends on digested news (by others), or interpretations on something you're unable to see/hear firsthand.

Trump set out from the get-go to draw the lines in the sand and divide. US vs. THEM.
    If the media is "taking it easy" on Biden, as you claim..... some of it may be due to just PLAIN OL' RELIEF AT HAVING SOMEONE UP THERE WHO ISN'T NASTY AND COMBATANT EVEN IN HIS SLEEP.

Meanwhile Trump breathing is enough to make the media seethe in anger.

See above.

El Kabong Guest

Only the media which everyone knows is biased and unreliable. Whether anyone cares to admit this or not... news media like CNN are WIDELY perceived by the public in general as totally biased to the left, and Trump haters at that.
    BUT..... let it also be said that Trump made it his business from Day One to treat the media with the same hostility which became his trademark.
    Who shot the first salvos? It's a matter of personal opinion.
    But from the get-go, Trump dug his trenches, and prepared for the war he himself helped create.
    Think about it. You yourself have claimed that the media "LOVED" Trump ( ) when he was just a pompous New Yorker with Celebrity Apprentice fame.
    Why the sudden turn to view him as Public Enemy #1? Deep State related? Nah. Trump's own doing, for the most part.
    I speak for myself.
    I was willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, because deep down, I couldn't stand the thought of Hillary as President.
    But Trump quickly dismantled that benefit all by his lonesome.
    To dismiss my (and others like me) turn on Trump as some sort of "biased-media-fed" propaganda..... is if you think about it an insult to my own intelligence and abilities of discernment.
    In this age of endless videos and sound bites... nobody depends on digested news (by others), or interpretations on something you're unable to see/hear firsthand.

Trump set out from the get-go to draw the lines in the sand and divide. US vs. THEM.
    If the media is "taking it easy" on Biden, as you claim..... some of it may be due to just PLAIN OL' RELIEF AT HAVING SOMEONE UP THERE WHO ISN'T NASTY AND COMBATANT EVEN IN HIS SLEEP.
    Is that acknowledged by everyone? I don't feel it is. I don't believe for a second that people who dislike Trump pause when CNN touts a bullshit story about him and say "Awww, but it's CNN saying those things and they are biased so we can't go believing what they're telling us without taking a harder look at it".

Donald Trump wasn't always hostile to the media. The media wasn't always hostile to Donald Trump. I'm telling you as a Conservative Republican who has seen numerous political figures that attempted to represent my views that the media will give oxygen to a politician, a candidate, a pundit only to cut it off when it matters. See John McCain, the media DARLING when he fought against George W and then when he ran against Obama what happened? The media were always Lucy holding the football for the Conservative Charlie Brown to kick only to pull it away when shit mattered. EVERY SINGLE TIME....Trump beat them to the punch which is why a lot of media got really salty on him very fast. Look at MSNBC's Morning Joe...Joe & Mika were going to pull that shit on Trump and he hit them in advance. That's yet another reason I appreciated Trump. Trump wasn't naive and he wasn't dumb when it came to the media.

The media pumped up Trump and they were told to by the Democrats. Read the Wikileaks emails! 'Pied Piper Candidates' https://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/the...iper-strategy/

The media & DNC have worked together closely for quite some time. If you look in the Wikileaks emails you'll see various "journalists" who do nothing but tote water for the DNC, they are mere propagandists and to mention their COLLUSION to pump up Trump before pulling the rug out from under him isn't an insult to your intelligence it's providing more context to why Trump used the media and then turned on them so hard....if you don't see that piece of information, then yeah it paints an entirely different picture.

The media is taking it easy on Joe because he's ESTABLISHMENT/MIC friendly and to doubt that is to insult MY intelligence.

Also well before Trump ran for President, yeah he was well liked/tolerated by the media, ALL media. Then he won the GOP Primary and he became a Nazi.....and nobody raised an eyebrow Really? Really Then the disingenuous takes came in hot & heavy "He called ALL Mexicans rapists & murderers", "Muslim ban!!!!!", "Very fine people!!!!!!".....all absolute lies pumped without any fucking context on purpose...so yeah I don't buy this "Trump did it himself"
    Last edited by El Kabong; 03-09-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that acknowledged by everyone? I don't feel it is. I don't believe for a second that people who dislike Trump pause when CNN touts a bullshit story about him and say "Awww, but it's CNN saying those things and they are biased so we can't go believing what they're telling us without taking a harder look at it".

https://knightfoundation.org/wp-cont...port_FINAL.pdf

Well... this study which I would tend to believe more than what you or I may think... would say otherwise.

"Overall, Americans believe 62% of the news they see on television, read in
    newspapers and hear on the radio is biased. They are much more inclined to
    see news on social media as biased, estimating that 80% of the news they see
    there is biased."

Obviously we'll never agree on anything regarding Trump. I've made clear I would've voted for Trump against Hillary, thus establishing the fact that I wasn't a Trump hater from the very beginning. I've made clear my opinions of Trump gradually changed as I saw and heard Trump himself, and the way he comported himself as President. Thus, negating any insinuation that I've been somehow "brainwashed" by a biased media.

Anything else I could add would just be me beating a dead horse, since we would remain in disagreement about the very basic things regarding Trump.

El Kabong Guest

https://knightfoundation.org/wp-cont...port_FINAL.pdf

Well... this study which I would tend to believe more than what you or I may think... would say otherwise.

"Overall, Americans believe 62% of the news they see on television, read in
    newspapers and hear on the radio is biased. They are much more inclined to
    see news on social media as biased, estimating that 80% of the news they see
    there is biased."

Obviously we'll never agree on anything regarding Trump. I've made clear I would've voted for Trump against Hillary, thus establishing the fact that I wasn't a Trump hater from the very beginning. I've made clear my opinions of Trump gradually changed as I saw and heard Trump himself, and the way he comported himself as President. Thus, negating any insinuation that I've been somehow "brainwashed" by a biased media.

Anything else I could add would just be me beating a dead horse, since we would remain in disagreement about the very basic things regarding Trump.
    The statement you highlighted is my view on people in general, not specifically you.

The Knight Foundation offers some interesting take aways. Democrats, Liberals, & Moderates each rate biases lower (across the board) than Independents, Republicans, & Conservatives. So SOME PEOPLE are just taking the media's word for it and it's more Far Left to Center Left folks statistically speaking. Then there's the gap between traditional media vs social media. Dems, Libs, & Mods all have a 20-30 point gap there, why is that? Is it possible that they're finally being exposed to a different perspective and they can't reconcile that in their minds so obviously the social media news is more biased? The massive gaps show up again in regards to political party & ideology Dems, Libs, & Mods show a large gap whereas Inds, Reps, & Cons show more consistency.

You don't like Trump and you have your reasons for that, but there are people who bought absolute bullshit sold to them by the media for example: "all Mexicans are rapists & murderers", "very fine people", & "Muslim ban".....he didn't say THAT, he didn't say THAT, and if people think it was an actual banning of Muslims then they ought to hold Obama to the same standard because he was the one who singled out every last one of the nations on that list.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok.... let's see........things a man can do that a woman can't......hmmmmmm..............

1. get a woman pregnant

El Kabong Guest

Whatever happened to that whole Occupy Wall Street movement?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Yes but Trump wasn't Biden. Biden had 80 million completely real and legitimate people honest to God registered voters elect him.....only 60%? Only 60%? Surely not good for America's historically popular President.

I kniw it's hard for you to accept but Biden really did beat Trump in an election that all the people running it said was fair and secure. So far there are a grand total of two (2) known cases of voter fraud, both Trump voters who voted twice. Subsequent recounts in various states show that the result was correct and the voting was fair. All the accusations about fraud and criminality have turned out to be complete bullshit. The only investigation into actual large scale election fraud is currently being made into Donald Trump and his attempt to illegally change the result of the election in Georgia.

As far as the approval rating goes all the pollsters have similar numbers. There are hundreds of pollsters, both Democratic pollsters and Republican pollsters working to produce these polls. Their personal careers and the commercial survival of the firms they work for depends on themproducing accurate results. You're seriously claiming that all of these people and businesses would put their careers and businesses on the line to give one politician or political party some kind of boost? That's idiotic Lyle.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but Trump wasn't Biden. Biden had 80 million completely real and legitimate people honest to God registered voters elect him.....only 60%? Only 60%? Surely not good for America's historically popular President.

I kniw it's hard for you to accept but Biden really did beat Trump in an election that all the DETROIT/PHILADELPHIA/ATLANTA/MILWAUKEE DEMOCRATS running it said was fair and secure. That's idiotic Lyle.
    fixed it for ya, idiot.

El Kabong Guest

I kniw it's hard for you to accept but Biden really did beat Trump in an election that all the people running it said was fair and secure. So far there are a grand total of two (2) known cases of voter fraud, both Trump voters who voted twice. Subsequent recounts in various states show that the result was correct and the voting was fair. All the accusations about fraud and criminality have turned out to be complete bullshit. The only investigation into actual large scale election fraud is currently being made into Donald Trump and his attempt to illegally change the result of the election in Georgia.

As far as the approval rating goes all the pollsters have similar numbers. There are hundreds of pollsters, both Democratic pollsters and Republican pollsters working to produce these polls. Their personal careers and the commercial survival of the firms they work for depends on themproducing accurate results. You're seriously claiming that all of these people and businesses would put their careers and businesses on the line to give one politician or political party some kind of boost? That's idiotic Lyle.
    "So far there are a grand total of two (2) known cases of voter fraud, both Trump voters who voted twice."

Is that so? I mean you've posted it, you're ALWAYS right, must be true....
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...stigators-say/

The establishment (Democrat AND Republican) had a shared interest in seeing Trump go away.

Pollsters, all of them....ALL OF THEM are full of shit. Do you not remember what the polls told you in 2020? All those people kept their jobs. Do you not recall Frank Luntz's (pollster, & FoxNews contributor) email with Hunter Biden where Luntz said he declared Biden the winner of the VP debate vs Paul Ryan even though Paul Ryan was "his client"? Do you not know that or did you forget it or do you think to yourself "Oh he works for FoxNews, so OF COURSE he's a paid shill"? Odds are if 1 "big pollster" is doing that, then there's more doing that.

Joe Biden is the most popular United States President in the history of this nation....so I say again ONLY 60% favorable? When 80 million totally real alive registered actual citizens knowingly voted for him? And considering his recent political "accomplishments"? Considering he's keeping walls up at the Capitol & White House and the National Guard there too? Yes, I consider the number very extremely dubious to say the least.

Joe Biden is a sham of a President. He's inept, he's senile, and what's better than that is people like you LOVE it. You won't stand by YOUR guy, but you LOVE this. Why is anyone's guess, I assume it's simply due to your disdain for America and Americans which you've made quite clear in your years on the forum.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well shit can’t argue with that. The people who four years prior called it a dirty russia influenced election all of the sudden declare a bunch of un requested and unverified ballots flowing every which way “the most secure, fair, honest election in history. So how quickly we can fix stuff, it’s easy just ignore the part of the constitution where it delegates election powers and damn, next thing you know it’s all on the up and up. Yup Joey is doing a great job. I hear his “live” address might be “prerecorded” if so it will probably be the greatest live speech ever. I wonder how many takes will go into making it. As you can see all my songs and raps are one take, if I can do it Joey can do it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

I kniw it's hard for you to accept but Biden really did beat Trump in an election that all the DETROIT/PHILADELPHIA/ATLANTA/MILWAUKEE DEMOCRATS running it said was fair and secure. That's idiotic Lyle.
    fixed it for ya, idiot.

Trump actually did better in Detroit and Philadelphia in terms of vote share than he did in 2016. He lost those states in the white suburbs, not the Black cities, you clueless fucking racist ignormaus.

Thread Information