98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford Vs Charlo at 154

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    What happens?
    Unfortunately Canelo has robbed us of that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is great, Charlo isn't even on a par with Spence.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo said he would come back down after the Canelo fight. Now we know why, he will try and avenge the loss of his stablemate and beat Crawford.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo may be too big for him.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Bud is too much for Charlo. He is just too good. Charlo won’t be the same after the Canelo fight- I see that one being a beat down by Canelo.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Charlo said he would come back down after the Canelo fight. Now we know why, he will try and avenge the loss of his stablemate and beat Crawford.
    Easier said than done. How often do guys going up 2 weights, 14lbs , One Stone, come back down and do as well as they were doing? Not often.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ideally and historically this would be the next step for Bud moving up. Beat the very best, fully unified and then face the same one step up in Charlo. Today however we get a mutated Charlo vs Canelo event leaving 154 in limbo. Personally I don’t see Charlo returning and think the belts will fracture. Charlo can tease it all he wants, but he made a financial decision to avoid a mandatory he already signed with and says all you need to know about his long term intent. I don’t think Crawford is signed long term with pbc but he has a decision to make.

Maybe Crawford will follow the example and say coax Haney to jump up two divisions. They can slap a big blinding banner of “undisputed vs undisputed” for some fans and sell it as Haney being a naturally big lightweight. Same weight jump as Charlo v Canelo, same amount of belts involved and arguably Haney more active and recently in the brighter spotlight than Charlo to accompany new fresh earned stardom of Crawford...and yes it would be equally absurd as Canelo-Charlo . * Tongue planted firmly in cheek
    Last edited by Spicoli; 07-30-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ideally and historically this would be the next step for Bud moving up. Beat the very best, fully unified and then face the same one step up in Charlo. Today however we get a mutated Charlo vs Canelo event leaving 154 in limbo. Personally I don’t see Charlo returning and think the belts will fracture. Charlo can tease it all he wants, but he made a financial decision to avoid a mandatory he already signed with and says all you need to know about his long term intent. I don’t think Crawford is signed long term with pbc but he has a decision to make.

Maybe Crawford will follow the example and say coax Haney to jump up two divisions. They can slap a big blinding banner of “undisputed vs undisputed” for some fans and sell it as Haney being a naturally big lightweight. Same weight jump as Charlo v Canelo, same amount of belts involved and arguably Haney more active and recently in the brighter spotlight than Charlo to accompany new fresh earned stardom of Crawford...and yes it would be equally absurd as Canelo-Charlo . * Tongue planted firmly in cheek
    Like you said , it’s very likely the belts could fracture , and who knows , we might see Crawford v Spence for a title at 154.
    Personally, I think it would be the same result, unfortunately I reckon these car crashes have taken too much from Spence.
    That’s taking nothing away from Crawford, I think he woulda beat Spence without car crashes, just maybe not as easily.
    But Spence maybe deserves a chance to see if it was because he’s been boiling down too long.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Like you said , it’s very likely the belts could fracture , and who knows , we might see Crawford v Spence for a title at 154.
    Personally, I think it would be the same result, unfortunately I reckon these car crashes have taken too much from Spence.
    That’s taking nothing away from Crawford, I think he woulda beat Spence without car crashes, just maybe not as easily.
    But Spence maybe deserves a chance to see if it was because he’s been boiling down too long.
    Yeh totally agree. The talk was Spence was 154 bound regardless of outcome and this result will only cement it I think. He’s simple going to kick it in an active gear but stylistically and mentally Crawford has the advantages no matter weight . I figure Tszyu is overdue and held up his end of the bargain. Be interesting to see which body moves to strip Charlo. Maybe early but Bud vs Tim is one I’d pay to see. Both Spence and Bud will breath life into the division.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read that Crawford said he's happy to move up and was struggling to make 147 as well. It's a shame there are no box office fights at 154. I wonder how much the rematch is worth. I have a feeling it's a little devalued after the one sidedness of the first fight but moneywise it's probably still far and away the best option for both of them.

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I read that Crawford said he's happy to move up and was struggling to make 147 as well. It's a shame there are no box office fights at 154. I wonder how much the rematch is worth. I have a feeling it's a little devalued after the one sidedness of the first fight but moneywise it's probably still far and away the best option for both of them.
    You are probably right it makes the most money for them both but not really required.

This is similar to when Jermain Taylor lost to Kelly Pavlik for the Middleweight titles and forced the rematch at the higher weight when it was not wanted but made good money for both.

Even if Charlo loses he can still make big money fighting the winner of this bout.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mid-fight after he put down Spence in the 7th, Crawford went to the neutral corner spotted Charlo, pointed and said "you're next..." with a grin. I think at that point Charlo shitted a wall of bricks around himself. I busted out laughing because I think it set in to Charlo, that Bud wasn't joking when he said he would Shut Charlo up after Spence. I don't think it will happen though. There could be lot of money in it, but the twins are known for dragging this kind of stuff out. Charlos big enough but would have the same problem as Spence, he's not going to see the punches that are going to put him out.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I think Bud is too much for Charlo. He is just too good. Charlo won’t be the same after the Canelo fight- I see that one being a beat down by Canelo.
    Jermell was putting on a sales job that would make a career politician blush Saturday night . He’s convinced himself he’s a bigger puncher than Canelo now. Crazy thing is I thought he fight the most dicaplined fight of his career last time out. By NOT loading up and playing into all power. Think he’ll find himself reverting with Canelo and having no other choice as it goes once he starts getting worked over. More for last stand survival rather than victory tbh.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So we've got a couple of threads about Crawford vs. (blank) at 154. Which is all well and good. Crawford certainly looks to have the size to move up to 154 and be comfortable there.

But Spence? I think that one can be put to bed. Spence ain't beating Crawford at any weight, and that was made quite evident last Saturday night.

Charlo? Hell, why not? It would be a hell of a match.

But... doesn't anybody want to see a potential matchup at 147 between Crawford and Jaron Ennis? That seems to be the only worth big fish out there, and it would be a shame to be deprived of such a matchup if Crawford up and jumps to 154.

Once at 154, who's he got? Charlo, maybe Tim Tsyzu... and a veritable list of nobodies.

Also, let's not lose track of the fact that Crawford is 35 years old. Yes, he wasted a lot of years where he could've been fighting better opposition... but he made up for it in one fell swoop with his dismantling of Errol Spence Jr.

So his age also plays a factor here.

Thread Information