Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  203
Dislikes Dislikes:  3

Poll: Who wins Fury or Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

Surprised at those saying the fight should have been stopped in the 9th.

Views?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Views?
    No, ref did the right thing and gave a count. If there was more time Usyk could have finished him but there wasn't and Fury somehow recovered. Fury has amazing recuperative powers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just got to see an albeit dodgy video of the fight on youtube. I had Usyk winning by probably 5 points (4 rounds plus the 10-8 round) . I thought Fury could not have been in better shape and is a better fighter than I have given him credit for.
    But I do think Team Fury got their gameplan a touch wrong. I believe Fury should have tried much harder to to take control of the centre of the ring with more jabs following up with body shots and uppercuts.
    When he did that in the 5th and 6th rounds , he had his most success.
    I'm not saying he would have been able to do that , because Usyk is obviously a phenomenal Boxer with every card in the pack. But it just felt like the game plan was more about jab , move around the outskirts and use his reach to keep Usyk off, which was a touch too negative for me.
    While that will always keep you in the fight , it won't win you the fight. there comes a time when you have to take a risk.
    On a Final point, it is absolutely ok for Fury to call Usyk a Rabbit and a Sausage and a gappy toothed Middleweight because he has to go to war with the guy and find whatever he can to help him achieve the win.
    BUT, IT IS NOT OK for Brock to do the same! You don't have to go to war with this fellah.
    It comes across as pathetic , disrespectful and fucking childish and then renders any opinion you have on the fight as worthless.
    and then , when you've been made to look silly , you grudgingly say you were wrong and then try to justify your bullshit with excuses like
    "Fury didn't press hard enough" "the Wilder fights killed Fury" "Fury's Blood vessel went up into his head" Blah blah Bollocks.
    And it's not wild to think that Fury could have won the fight, but to go in balls deep like you've done, i really think you should calm down and take a month off to reflect exactly what nonsense you spout .
    i think it would be a breathe of fresh air for you (and us")
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 05-19-2024 at 01:44 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched it again and can't understand why Fury didn't TRY HARDER in rounds 4 5 and especially 6 when it honestly look like Usyk was taking too much punishment and his Spirit looked crushed and he was badly hurt several times by uppercuts and body shots. Fury s strategy was working very well up to that point and when he hit him with that uppercut in the sixth you can see that it broke something the way he winced and jumped back and wobbled. It definitely at that point was starting to look like a walk in the park and that Fury was just too big.

So again I just cannot understand why he did not jump on him. He did not jump on him at all take advantage of this. It was like he deliberately let him off the hook. And I think it's clear that if he had knocked the Ukrainian out cold in the sixth round that we would be saying there is no need at all for any rematch. So did he stupidly think it would carry him to a decision and play it safe and then make it look like there was a great reason for the rematch in the clause? At one point in the 6th and It really looked like it wouldn't go more than another two rounds the way it was going.

Very disappointing that Tyson Fury did not even try one little bit to finish the job when he had his man quite hurt especially in that sixth round. Very strange. As for the scoring, it was definitely fair but I could easily have seen this a draw.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    It’s hard for me to look beyond Fury’s sheer size advantages.

There have been quite a few fighters who were considered tough opponents just because of their size. I’m thinking of people like Valuev and Zhang, or Akinwande and Terrell, going all the way back to Carnera or Willard.

And Fury is a lot more skilled and technically accomplished than those guys. He used his weight and bulk beautifully against Wilder.

I am a big Usyk fan, I think he is a fantastic fighter…. But he is 6 inches shorter than Fury, two stone lighter and he is 37 years old. It’s like these two guys should be in different weight division, and they exist for a reason.

Going to stick my neck out and pick Fury by a late stoppage.
    Well, I got that wrong.

What a good fight, with two really really talented and complete fighters. Both guys utterly fit and clearly took this fight seriously in camp.

First Six rounds, It was all going as I thought. Usyk was fighting so aggressively he took away much of his own technical skill and Fury was picking him off really nicely with uppercuts and body shots. Had Usyk shaken at one point too, but not in serious trouble.

Somehow, as he always does, Usyk adjusted and began to show Fury more angles as he was coming in. His tactic of making Fury work for three minutes a round began to pay off a bit (but not completely as Fury has a suspiciously good engine).

That onslaught in the 9th won Usyk the undisputed heavyweight championship. Fury was gone, and if the ropes hadn’t kept him up, I’m not sure he would have survived the round. I’ve heard some people say the fight could have been stopped, and it might have been ….. but imagine the controversy as team Fury would have rightly been outraged as it being premature. Fury has amazing powers of recovery

I had it as a close fight, but there was some daylight between Usyk and Fury at the end. I thought it was a correct decision.

Fury will (and has) said he won and he was cheated, but all fighters say that when they lose a tight points decision. He wasn’t. Usyk fully deserved that win.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury was messing about for the first 2 rounds and Usyk was doing the work to win them.

Fury got his success on his back foot using his jab, reach, foot work and speed from round 3 to 6 catching Usyk coming in and hurting him like I have never seen before.

Usyk hid being hurt really well and somehow came on strong and upped the gears to batter Fury like never before. How Fury survived I do not know.

Fury showed lack of class by saying Usyk only won because of the war in Ukraine.

Glad Usyk got the decision but I think they took a lot out of each other and may not have a lot left to give.

Rematch and retire.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Fury was messing about for the first 2 rounds and Usyk was doing the work to win them.

Fury got his success on his back foot using his jab, reach, foot work and speed from round 3 to 6 catching Usyk coming in and hurting him like I have never seen before.

Usyk hid being hurt really well and somehow came on strong and upped the gears to batter Fury like never before. How Fury survived I do not know.

Fury showed lack of class by saying Usyk only won because of the war in Ukraine.

Glad Usyk got the decision but I think they took a lot out of each other and may not have a lot left to give.

Rematch and retire.
    I agree with that completely. He should not have been messing around those first two rounds and also from rounds 3 until 6 he really could have finished the Ukrainian and he did not and I don't know why. At a certain point the people next to me who are rooting for the Ukrainian the whole time said he's just too small and the guy is manhandling him and outclassing him and it started to get embarrassing in rounds four or five and six. I actually started feeling bad for the Ukrainian the way he was getting rocked it was almost like Foreman rocking Frazier sometimes one time he jumped up in the air like a little rabbit and he winced I think that's when the jaw broke I think it was the sixth round and he backed up straight into the ropes and wobbled and I thought that this fight is going to be over in about two more rounds if this continues

How Fury survived I do not know. Some people are saying the referee saved his ass

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you look at the way tyson fury throws his punches, and sebastian fundora has the same problem, that, since he's so tall, the target is always around his chest and waist. so if he throws anything more than a single punch, which he doesn't like to do a lot, he spends a lot of time with his chin up in the air and his hands dropped. it took usyk 6 or 7 rounds to figure out that the way to hit fury isnt when he's moving away and covering up, but when he opens up and punches and his chin goes up and his hands go down.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Rematch and retire.
    I agree with that completely. He should not have been messing around those first two rounds and also from rounds 3 until 6 he really could have finished the Ukrainian and he did not and I don't know why. At a certain point the people next to me who are rooting for the Ukrainian the whole time said he's just too small and the guy is manhandling him and outclassing him and it started to get embarrassing in rounds four or five and six. I actually started feeling bad for the Ukrainian the way he was getting rocked it was almost like Foreman rocking Frazier sometimes one time he jumped up in the air like a little rabbit and he winced I think that's when the jaw broke I think it was the sixth round and he backed up straight into the ropes and wobbled and I thought that this fight is going to be over in about two more rounds if this continues

How Fury survived I do not know. Some people are saying the referee saved his ass
    Turning on your Gypsy King. Apparently he wasn’t trying hard enough according to you. Wow! He must love having supporters like you.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    if you look at the way tyson fury throws his punches, and sebastian fundora has the same problem, that, since he's so tall, the target is always around his chest and waist. so if he throws anything more than a single punch, which he doesn't like to do a lot, he spends a lot of time with his chin up in the air and his hands dropped. it took usyk 6 or 7 rounds to figure out that the way to hit fury isnt when he's moving away and covering up, but when he opens up and punches and his chin goes up and his hands go down.
    https://static.independent.co.uk/202...=640&auto=webp

These are the official scorecards. Even the guy that gave the decision to Fury only had him up by 2 rounds by the 6th. You were calling it “a mismatch” after 6 ! Mismatch? Really? And despite it being a mismatch, you now think Fury wasn’t trying hard enough.
    Fuck me , you couldn’t make this shit up. Correction, you could!

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rematch and retire.

If Fury could have taken out Usyk in the 6th he would have. He tried as best as he could and when Usyk did not good he went back to pacing himself. It is not that easy to stop the Ukrainian.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    https://static.independent.co.uk/202...=640&auto=webp

These are the official scorecards. Even the guy that gave the decision to Fury only had him up by 2 rounds by the 6th. You were calling it “a mismatch” after 6 ! Mismatch? Really? And despite it being a mismatch, you now think Fury wasn’t trying hard enough.
    Fuck me , you couldn’t make this shit up. Correction, you could!
    my impression of the fight was fury lost all the early rounds since he wasn't punching and when he started punching it took usyk a little while to realize all he had to do was punch with him. heres what i mean about his chin being up and his hands being down when he punches.

in a rematch fury will lose if he doesn't throw enough punches but if he does throw enough punches that lets usyk punch with him and he'll keep getting the worst of that. so he either doesn't do enough and loses or he really goes for it and loses.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury abandoned his jab, didn't finish the hurt rabbit in the sixth, didn't throw 100 punches per round for the last couple of rounds LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE to try to even it up or win. fury blasted THE SHIT out of Usyk from Rds 3 to 7. Was a mismatch until then. Broke Usyk's spirit in the 6th, it really look like he was going to cry from those uppercuts and body shots. He looked like a defeated fighter.

From that point forward it was more a matter of Tyson Fury losing that fight through lack of effort than the Ukrainian winning the fight.

The fight should have been a draw.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury abandoned his jab, didn't finish the hurt rabbit in the sixth, didn't throw 100 punches per round for the last couple of rounds LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE to try to even it up or win. fury blasted THE SHIT out of Usyk from Rds 3 to 7. Was a mismatch until then. Broke Usyk's spirit in the 6th, it really look like he was going to cry from those uppercuts and body shots. He looked like a defeated fighter.

From that point forward it was more a matter of Tyson Fury losing that fight through lack of effort than the Ukrainian winning the fight.

The fight should have been a draw.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Views?
    No, ref did the right thing and gave a count. If there was more time Usyk could have finished him but there wasn't and Fury somehow recovered. Fury has amazing recuperative powers.
    the ref saved tyson. if he was ruling the ropes kept him up why didn't he do it about five seconds before when tyson was in the same position on the other ropes? then there's about an extra seven seconds after the eight count finishes & the ref lets the time run out. i have no doubt that if it was oleksandr in the same position the fight would have been stopped. oleksandr losing early rounds is nothing new. those claiming oleksandr was getting beat up & hurt are exaggerating. he was wobbled in the sixth but nowhere near going down. oleksandr's chin should be celerated. tyson had close to forty pounds on him if not more come fight time. tyson gave everything he had & it still wasn't enough. the fight wasn't close. i think i had it eight rounds to four with the knockdown. tyson felt oleksandr's power in the first & second round & knew he could be hurt. the reason he didn't push more was because he was afraid of getting caught & hurt as evenually happened. oleksandr's never been about the money, it's always been about legacy for him, that's why he accepted the seventy thirty split. tyson will probably avoid the rematch & try to make the aj fight instead, or he'll just implode. put the big lump on suicide watch. tyson was clearly beaten & should have been stopped in a fight that he had almost everything in his favour. i'm not sure how he shows his face in public again after getting clowned by a middleweight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information