Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  203
Dislikes Dislikes:  3

Poll: Who wins Fury or Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Usyk is on.............!

definitely worth a rematch if he can raise himself - a big if for me.

Last thirty seconds of 9th aside you could have called it either way so why the hell not.

I can see a way he can win the rematch with a few changes - first of all get rid of his dad from the camp
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These were the official cards and all 3 judges had it close.

One had it 7-5 Usyk, other 7-5 Fury and third 6-6 draw but with knock down Usyk got decision.

Fury was winning the first half of the fight 4-2 rounds.

Usyk won 4 rounds unanimously 1st, 8, 9, and 10.

Fury won 4 rounds unanimously 5, 6, 7, and 12.

Round 2,3,4 and 11 were split by judges.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was close. The right man got the nod. We'd love to see a rematch.

For me when a fight is that close yet one fighter has been in serious trouble the other guy should be the winner.

When the bell rang I knew Fury hadn't won but wasn't sure usyk had.

I also felt like that Benn Eubank 2 and fury wilder 1.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gave Fury rounds 3 4 5 6 7 and 12 and I called the second round even. That's 114 points.

I gave usyk rounds one 8 9 10 11, that is also 114 points, A DRAW.

A draw it should have been. And nobody's talking about this. Why couldn't you syk finish Tyson when the bell rang for the 10th round? If he was so destroyed that he only had 60 seconds to recover, so why didn't u syk finished the job at the beginning of the 10th round? I guess he's not that good of a finisher like people think.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did think usyk would come out and finish fury off in the tenth but this is fury and we know his powers of recovery.

Then again I also thought fury would impose himself on usyk from the outset so what do I know....

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I gave Fury rounds 3 4 5 6 7 and 12 and I called the second round even. That's 114 points.

A draw it should have been. And nobody's talking about this. Why couldn't you syk finish Tyson when the bell rang for the 10th round? If he was so destroyed that he only had 60 seconds to recover, so why didn't u syk finished the job at the beginning of the 10th round? I guess he's not that good of a finisher like people think.
    What did you round 1 and 2?

If you gave Usyk those rounds he wins because of the 10=8 round in 9

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

What did you round 1 and 2?

If you gave Usyk those rounds he wins because of the 10=8 round in 9
    I gave u syk round one and I also gave him 10 points for round two because I scored round two even 10 to 10

https://youtu.be/2rmPTkWcv_M?si=CFqzlcYqP4N6Py7X

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well obviously you scored it wrong??
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 05-21-2024 at 08:23 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just rewatched it and tried to be a touch more open minded to Fury. I made it 115-113 to Usyk. But I gave Fury the 12th and made the 2nd a 10-10 round. On another day , I could give both those rounds to Usyk.
    That is as good as I can possibly get it for Fury. No way did he win (or draw) the fight.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree with that score. I also could make a case for fury being ahead in the ninth till the last thirty seconds. So a three point swing. That's what it all came down to. I can see all arguments like you get with scoring.

Anyway the right man won and I don't think anyone
    but fury has disagreed with that.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally able to do a proper watch and it was very much the entertaining ebb and flow scrap talked about. Big picture I ended up at 115-112 Usyk when all was said and done. Some random things that stuck out were how bothered Tyson was early on specifically with the 1st round shot to the nose. Not sure if/when a break occurred but it was clear it was a problem. Also how Usyk was corking the left and was his key punch from beginning to end. He almost turns the punch sideways like a chop and puts some stiff on it. Also surprised me how consciously Fury conceded ring space and tried/ was forced to ropes or corner. After six rounds I had it all even up with Fury coming to life and notching a straight run of 5,6,7 and having Usyk in a bad way with the whipping right upper to body. He was fluid and looked to be on his way. But the left of Usyk was ever present and had him taking a run of 8,9,10,11 with the ninth being a nightmare for Fury. He was rebounding off the ropes wobbled like a prime wwf wrestler and could have very well been counted more than once that round as ropes held him up. Initially the ref took a lot of stick but having a full look at the ruled KD, his hands were pretty tied in the instant. Had he called the fight the outrage would have been deafening in the aftermath. Not to say Fury wasn't concussed and out on his feet but if we give merit to the scale and magnitude of the match it would have been messy and taken from the ultimate moment. But also by ruling the KD he called off Usyk from a likely follow up and tko. Fury was bent and slumped and wide open. It's a very ambiguous rule, the ropes holding a fighter up and another case by case that a ref has to make in the split second. Going way back I guess this is why I see some cases for the standing 8 count still being used. But anyway. Thought Fury did well to steady and press back in the final round taking that one. All in all an outstanding contest and wherever you fall in fandom the mutual respect at end was long overdue. Have to admit I was convinced they would rob Usyk and while 1 judge tried looking at the fight on whole Usyk for me was a clear winner, though arguably tightly well contested. Judges got it right and sets up a rematch perfectly regardless of what happens with the ibf strap being vacated or even stripped. On aside and a random complaint I came away with...can we not have 1001 people rush the ring ffs. I don't think I've ever seen a ring THAT packed corner to corner in an immediate aftermath. In was bonkers ! and honestly took away just a bit from the center focus...literally...being on the two championship fighters who just went thru it. And I really need less of this Turki worship being honest. Having his own intro pre fight, post fight and ring center putting the t shirts of sanctioning bodies on Usyk and handing belts out. Wtf is that?! I get it the powerbroker $$ host and all but no ring should be that crowded and overshadowed. Again, it's about the fighters. Great fight!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oleksandr rung tyson bell so hard he was wishing everyone happy new year. turki released the fight on youtibe for anyone wanting to rewatch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are saying Tyson broke his nose in the 7th round and was bothered by it.

Do not know if Usyk did have a broken jaw.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I noticed something bothering him on a rewatch. Assumed just blood as he kept wiping it. Was around the time he lost his rhythm.

Actually watched extended highlights again earlier. You can see why these two guys are seen as the best in the division.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Steve still trying to find ways to cope 😂
    If Fury & yourself hadn't talked so much smack there wouldn't be so much embarrassment
    Fury actually fought really well from rounds 4-7
    Usyk's pressure & ability to adapt coupled with his gas tank was just too much
    All the talk about Usyk getting beaten up are hyperbole
    The only fighter at risk of getting KTFO was Fury
    Fury got himself in his best condition in years & threw everything he had at Usyk
    Unfortunately it wasn't enough
    I don't think Fury has it in him to ever get back in the ring again in that condition
    So I see him looking for easier tasks or chasing the biggest money
    He might talk about fighting Usyk again but I think deep down he doesn't want that smoke ever again
    Fury's last 2 fights have really damaged his image
    Usyk has shown that some of the 6'3 heavyweights from the past would have done well against this era's Super-Heavies
    All this talk about them being too big is just simply that... talk
    Hey man, we're here for you. If you have any worries or troubles just let us know.
    Well done for not hiding away after being so wrong
    Like Elsa says "Let it Go" "Let it go"
    Fury was humbled & his fans excuses are almost as bad as Wilders were

Thread Information