Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: General Election 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Why do the Brits make UKIP out to be the second coming of the Nazis?

Can you not beat them on the field of ideas? Must you call names?
    They are a party that is contradictory, opportunistic and with no real substance.

They are an anti-political protest party. Many people find that attractive.

Expand please Master. Staccato sound bites don't really mean a lot. You could apply most of what you just said to any party.

I think it's three fold.

1. People don't like change, change is bad!

2. It's easy to follow the beaten path and brand them all racists.

3. UKIP have made 2. very easy on occasions by saying stupid shit.

The big two parties are jointly responsible for more misery, more fuck ups than you can shake a stick at over decades and decades. It's worrying that people are happy to accept or ignore it in the name of not rocking the boat, obligation, whatever else you care to add

I'd say that it is UKIP supporters that don't like change mate. Generally speaking.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@brocktonblockbust This is not to have a pop at you but I notice that you seem to think of UKIP as a modern, progressive party that the elite want to keep out. But in fact they are the opposite. They are the most reactionary and conservative (with a small c) party to enter mainstream politics for a generation. They have no desire to create a more just society. None at all.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    An NHS that would collapse without the skilled surgeons, nurses, physio therapists, etc that keep it going. Many of whom are Immigrants. Just like you and Miles. Only way more qualified.
    I dont understand this narative either. It's a shop worn response but where does anyone mention that these people filling vital roles would be at risk? It's as if the UKIP goon squad are going to be kicking down theatre doors mid bypass so they can round up and throw Jonny Nignog on the next boat home.

Madness.
    Say what you like Memphis but don't start bringing my mate Jonny into it!
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry for posting 4 times in a row.

Now 5.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In what way Ryan?

I wouldn't call myself a UKIP supporter as such, I'm a bit too green for that so whilst I think I know where you're coming from I cant be sure.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK I really should have quoted there
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In what way Ryan?

I wouldn't call myself a UKIP supporter as such, I'm a bit too green for that so whilst I think I know where you're coming from I cant be sure.
    I got the one you meant!

Well UKIP are a reactionary party. They would like to roll things back to 'the way they were'. Despite the fact that actually things have never been as 'good' (but could and should be so much better). Abject child poverty, complete lack of social mobility etc only gets worse the further back in time you go. I think you said yourself that there has never been a better time for the ordinary man to make his way in the world. And you are right (well, I might not include the last 5 years in that but generally yes).

Now primarily their means to roll things back is reverse immigration and to leave the EU. But it also extends to changing employment law to give bosses more powers. It involves repealing the Human Rights act etc etc.
    Now I don't know many people that enjoy the 'nanny state' but UKIPs answer seems to be to roll back the government to such an extent that the vulnerable in society would be left to drown. Their politics to me seem to be lifted from the Victorian era therefore it seems to me that it is they that don't like change and would like to undo a hundred years of it.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Yes, it's a "popular view" because it's actually correct. It's popular among people who look at the facts and understand them. And you're not understanding any of the stuff I'm explaining judging by the questions you're asking.

And even if I do manage to explain it to you it'll only fall off your little shelf in a couple of days anyway.
    It's the "popular view" not the correct view. But hey, I won't stop you from carrying water for your boy
    Firstly the labour force participation rate has been falling since 2000, so I'm carrying water for Bush and Obama. Secondly it's a simple fact that half the fall of the rate since then is entirely due to the huge number of baby boomers retiring over the 2000-now period. It's a "popular view" among people who can read and understand the facts because it's a fact.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will have something to say about UKIP and what have you when I get a minute.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    @brocktonblockbust This is not to have a pop at you but I notice that you seem to think of UKIP as a modern, progressive party that the elite want to keep out. But in fact they are the opposite. They are the most reactionary and conservative (with a small c) party to enter mainstream politics for a generation. They have no desire to create a more just society. None at all.
    I will always respect a civil and respectful post like the one that you have just written. Yes I do realize that they are the most reactionary and Conservative Party for quite a long time now. I would not go so far to say that they have absolutely zero zilch nada desire to create a more just society. but I do realize that they are capitalizing on a lot of fear mongering and unspoken bigotry in order to try to gain votes.

El Kabong Guest

Yes, it's a "popular view" because it's actually correct. It's popular among people who look at the facts and understand them. And you're not understanding any of the stuff I'm explaining judging by the questions you're asking.

And even if I do manage to explain it to you it'll only fall off your little shelf in a couple of days anyway.
    It's the "popular view" not the correct view. But hey, I won't stop you from carrying water for your boy
    Firstly the labour force participation rate has been falling since 2000, so I'm carrying water for Bush and Obama. Secondly it's a simple fact that half the fall of the rate since then is entirely due to the huge number of baby boomers retiring over the 2000-now period. It's a "popular view" among people who can read and understand the facts because it's a fact.
    Ok

THE

NUMBERS

DON'T

AGREE

WITH

YOU

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok

THE

NUMBERS

DON'T

AGREE

WITH

YOU

Resorting to the UKIP approach of dealing with people who disagree with you isn't going to help you win the argument.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Resorting to the UKIP approach of dealing with people who disagree with you isn't going to help you win the argument.
    Well using the actual numbers didn't get through his fucking skull sooooo.....have any suggestions?

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Mehhh, no.

Thread Information