Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People who use the Race Card and Race Baiters

No point being sensitive about where you're from or who you are, it's stupid. The people who are sensitive in my opinion have an inferiority complex and suffer from self esteem issues. We should try to look on the bright side of everything in life, instead of working ourselves into a frenzy about sound waves coming from someone's mouth.

I never feel any kind of hurt, or take any offence if people pull out the Irish stereotypes (We're all working class ginger drunks who contribute nothing towards the advancement of the human race. ) All I do is laugh it off, whether it be a joke or genuine hate towards me. As the thread starter said, when people have to resort to pulling out the race card in a hateful way, you know they have their own issues to deal with and any argument from that moment on is null and void.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post
    No point being sensitive about where you're from or who you are, it's stupid. The people who are sensitive in my opinion have an inferiority complex and suffer from self esteem issues. We should try to look on the bright side of everything in life, instead of working ourselves into a frenzy about sound waves coming from someone's mouth.

I never feel any kind of hurt, or take any offence if people pull out the Irish stereotypes (We're all working class ginger drunks who contribute nothing towards the advancement of the human race. ) All I do is laugh it off, whether it be a joke or genuine hate towards me. As the thread starter said, when people have to resort to pulling out the race card in a hateful way, you know they have their own issues to deal with and any argument from that moment on is null and void.
    Oggie is right on the money as usual good post, i'll rep you when i can.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

over/under Oggie was drunk when he wrote this?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair, you're going to suffer self esteem issues if people are treating you differently because of your ethnic background. Not everybody has a 'get on with it' attitude.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post
    I can agree with some of what you are saying but I have noticed a lot of people now act like racism doesn't exist at all, but it does. You also find a lot of people suffering with victim syndrome. I mean On some occasions the racism is blatant but still denied, the post on here about the BNP where the politician ask some Asian lads which one of you is a robber people ignored that and instead commented on the Asian lad spitting. Racism is worse than spit!
    He never called them robbers.

Racism is worse than a spit in a certain context.

Is spitting in someones face worse than calling them a name? I don't think so.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

To be fair, you're going to suffer self esteem issues if people are treating you differently because of your ethnic background. Not everybody has a 'get on with it' attitude.
    You're talking to an Irish person here man, 'my people' were the b*tches of the British Empire for 800 years. I come from one of those ethnic backgrounds you mentioned.

I could be one of those people that feel they are somehow owed one by the Empire (as sadly, a lot of Irish do), but what is the point? It has nothing to do with me, it was a different era with different people. Why should I feel resentment towards people that have done nothing to me personally? In that case we would never learn from our mistakes and irrational hatred would continue forever.

I've gotten all the jokes about being Irish, spud-munching, bogtrotting gingerbread men. I've also had genuine spite and hatred thrown my way because I'm Irish, but the best thing for yourself and the thing that annoys racists more than anything is when you laugh it off. While they are wasting their time boiling their blood with negativity, I'm out enjoying life and not giving a damn what they say

At the end of the day, if someone has a go at someone because they are of a different skin colour, ancestry, culture etc... it is a problem that reflects on them, rather than the victim. They have put themselves below the victim of their attacks by being the height of ignorance, a racist. Therefore, I consider myself better than them and any shred of inferiority on my part is nowhere to be seen.
    Last edited by Oggie; 05-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

over/under Oggie was drunk when he wrote this?
    I'm comfortably merry.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    One thing I hate is when black people are racist towards white people and think its ok due to our ancestors treating them like shit....but one white guy says the N word and all hell is about to break loose. A very big double standard. Thats why I dont mind watching Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock coz they really bag the shit out of anyone and everyone. Some people just think they are a losing an argument and throw in the race card for the sake of it.
    It is a big difference though mate. Everybody and every nation has a past and a history and some things can be said by some and not others.

If a black American comedian has a standup routine and makes some jokes about jewish sterotype it's probably pretty funny, but let a German comedian try that and it will be viewed differently.

Your little child sitting on Santa's knee with him going 'ho ho ho and what would you like for Christmas little child?' is a not nearly as sinister as imagining the same scenario but with Gary Glitter instead of Santa.

The stigma and shame of racial subjegation is a cross that us white's bear, the black's were never guilty of enslaving white folk and selling them as cattle and so words don't carry the same menace when they same them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're talking to an Irish person here man, 'my people' were the b*tches of the British Empire for 800 years. I come from one of those ethnic backgrounds you mentioned.

I could be one of those people that feel they are somehow owed one by the Empire (as sadly, a lot of Irish do), but what is the point? It has nothing to do with me, it was a different era with different people. Why should I feel resentment towards people that have done nothing to me personally? In that case we would never learn from our mistakes and irrational hatred would continue forever.

I've gotten all the jokes about being Irish, spud-munching, bogtrotting gingerbread men. I've also had genuine spite and hatred thrown my way because I'm Irish, but the best thing for yourself and the thing that annoys racists more than anything is when you laugh it off. While they are wasting their time boiling their blood with negativity, I'm out enjoying life and not giving a damn what they say

At the end of the day, if someone has a go at someone because they are of a different skin colour, ancestry, culture etc... it is a problem that reflects on them, rather than the victim. They have put themselves below the victim of their attacks by being the height of ignorance, a racist. Therefore, I consider myself better than them and any shred of inferiority on my part is nowhere to be seen.
    Fair play, you've got a great attitude, but like i said earlier, not everyone has such a positive outlook and that shouldn't be a detriment to them. Everybody is different and if something offends somebody, then it offends somebody. Some people cope with it differently and it's great that you've coped with it in such a way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair play, you've got a great attitude, but like i said earlier, not everyone has such a positive outlook and that shouldn't be a detriment to them. Everybody is different and if something offends somebody, then it offends somebody. Some people cope with it differently and it's great that you've coped with it in such a way.
    Cheers man, I understand all cases are different, but I really believe a positive outlook goes a long way. I try to turn everything in my life into a positive in some way, no matter how negative it seems.

I also know it is different when you are of a minority skin colour, and obviously that makes the person a much easier target because they stand out. My run-ins with racists all came from having an Irish accent or wearing Ireland jerseys in England, got some nasty stuff coming my way on a number of occasions. But every country has it's fools!

My girlfriend is Chinese and she has run into a ton of spite here in Ireland on a number of occasions, especially now that the economy is flattening and foreigners are shifting the blame. Strangest thing was one day we were walking through Dublin City center and an old woman walked up to my girlfriend and said 'Go home Chinese pig!' My girlfriend spotted that the old woman was wearing a necklace of Jesus on a cross and said to her with a smile 'I hope your God forgives you for that.' Then my girlfriend just walked off laughing... old woman was speechless, it was brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the racism card gets played far far too often without justification. Far too much. Pretty soon nobody will be able to mention anything about anybody without being beaten with the stick of racism. Take that lady with gordon brown last week. She asked a perfectly reasonable question about immigration and the PRIME MINISTER of the country thinks shes a bigot. Incredible! Are people not allowed to ask questions? Is this not a democratic society?
    I, as much as the next person, have no time for racists or bigots or small minded arseholes who eat themselves up with hatred, but its a two way street and i equally dislike people who pull out the race-card when it suits. For example,and this is just my opinion, but i think the race card is being used in English football regarding the non-appointments of black managers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=ono;874857]
    Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    Yeah i agree with most of this, but it also annoys me when people act like racism doesn't exist just because they're not racists themselves.

Chris Rock can get away with what he does now, but in the future i imagine his style of comedy could be frowned upon much like Chubby Brown's and Bernard Manning's. The reason Rock is getting away with it is down to history really. There's a history of black people being treated badly by white people, so it's almost like we're in a period where it's acceptable for a black man to generalise about a white man. In a way, we're lucky that guys like Rock and other black comedians joke about what's happened, but i imagine in the future that it won't be acceptable.

All in all, i don't think racism even in comedy routines/jokes is acceptable as it promotes casual racism, which to you, may not seem so bad but actually it's quite dangerous.

I hear people every day using casual racism, but if you asked them about it they'd tell you they're not racists until they're blue in the face. Stuff like 'Fucking Paki's', said casually in reaction to a story on the news etc. It rubs off on other people and over time it becomes dangerous.

So yeah, whilst i agree with many of the sentiments in this thread, i also get equally annoyed at people who think it doesn't really exist and people who can't see the problem because they're not a racist themselves.

Is that pretty much you saying that day to day racism doesnt actually occur and that the only time someone can here something which can be classed as racism is at a comedy club??

If so you`ve obviously never been to a pub in your entire life
    No. How did you get that from that?

I'm saying that casual racism in comedy shows, tv shows, and even films is more dangerous because it reaches a much wider audience than a pub for example.

I don't go to the pub often because i can't be arsed listening to uneducated halfwits talk about the countires in the shit because of the Darkies' and the Pole's.[/quote]

hahahahaha classic i'd rep u if i could but i cant lmao lmao

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I actually don't mind racism jokes if its about white's/black's ETC. And i actually enjoy old series like Love Thy Neighbour, Till Death Do Us Part, ETC.

Those old shows did alot towards bringing the conversation out into the open and onto an even playing field.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i agree with most of this, but it also annoys me when people act like racism doesn't exist just because they're not racists themselves.

Chris Rock can get away with what he does now, but in the future i imagine his style of comedy could be frowned upon much like Chubby Brown's and Bernard Manning's. The reason Rock is getting away with it is down to history really. There's a history of black people being treated badly by white people, so it's almost like we're in a period where it's acceptable for a black man to generalise about a white man. In a way, we're lucky that guys like Rock and other black comedians joke about what's happened, but i imagine in the future that it won't be acceptable.

All in all, i don't think racism even in comedy routines/jokes is acceptable as it promotes casual racism, which to you, may not seem so bad but actually it's quite dangerous.

I hear people every day using casual racism, but if you asked them about it they'd tell you they're not racists until they're blue in the face. Stuff like 'Fucking Paki's', said casually in reaction to a story on the news etc. It rubs off on other people and over time it becomes dangerous.

So yeah, whilst i agree with many of the sentiments in this thread, i also get equally annoyed at people who think it doesn't really exist and people who can't see the problem because they're not a racist themselves.
    If I'm not mistaken you've called me and other people on this site as racist for not liking Amir Khan and then proceeded to used Youtube comments to illustrate that people who do not like Khan is racist. And you also called me a racist because I believed the old man on the bus was within his rights to defend himself against someone attacking him in the Epic beard man thread.

that's how you play the race card people.
    Last edited by generalbulldog; 05-11-2010 at 04:36 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

If I'm not mistaken you've called me and other people on this site as racist for not liking Amir Khan and then proceeded to used Youtube comments to illustrate that people who do not like Khan is racist. And you also called me a racist because I believed the old man on the bus was within his rights to defend himself against someone attacking him in the Epic beard man thread.

that's how you play the race card people.
    You're very much mistaken.

Please, show me the post where i called you a racist.

And stop coming out with the 'that's how you play the race card people' because it's making you look like a twat.

EDIT: You're an idiot. Here's the link for the Epic Beard Man Thread. http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...man-bus-7.html

Show me where i call you a racist. Incidentally you accused me of pulling the race card trick on that thread aswell without any form of justification. I was merely questioning the old guys status as a 'hero' and i also openly condemmed both guys actions.

Here's the Khan thread that you're referring to. Again, show me where i called you or anybody else a racist
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...i-white-5.html

And here's the other main thread where racism was brought up. I suggested that racism is a factor (for some) in the dislike of Khan in England (unfortunately). I went on to explain why i believe this to be the case, again only speaking from my own experiences. I also went out of my way to say that i've never got the impression that anybody on here dislikes him for any racial reasoning.
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ote-now-6.html
    Last edited by ono; 05-11-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Thread Information