Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The beginning of a new age in Heavyweight Boxing

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The beginning of a new age in Heavyweight Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Why are you so keen to pretend that a fraudster is a credible heavyweight champion? Just because these guys wear boxing gloves and hit each other doesn't mean they're any good you know.
    Wladimir has 49 wins 44 by KO...it takes talent to win 1 professional fight, especially by KO...to win this many it's more than LUCK or just that "the other guy sucked more"

You cannot as a true boxing fan and in all seriousness look at Wladimir Klitschko fight and tell me he doesn't have talent he has one of the best jabs in the HISTORY of the sport, he has every punch in his arsenal ALL with legitimate KO power with either hand! You figure all that with his physical size and strength paired with his hand eye coordination and knowledge of boxing he's a very very solid heavyweight ALL-TIME...he's good, he's not great but his career isn't over yet but he's a very good heavyweight and there is no doubting that.

Just because you get beat a time or two doesn't make you a chump or a fraud....the guy has had 52 fights he was bound to have an off night sometime.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Wladimir has 49 wins 44 by KO...it takes talent to win 1 professional fight, especially by KO...to win this many it's more than LUCK or just that "the other guy sucked more"

You cannot as a true boxing fan and in all seriousness look at Wladimir Klitschko fight and tell me he doesn't have talent he has one of the best jabs in the HISTORY of the sport, he has every punch in his arsenal ALL with legitimate KO power with either hand! You figure all that with his physical size and strength paired with his hand eye coordination and knowledge of boxing he's a very very solid heavyweight ALL-TIME...he's good, he's not great but his career isn't over yet but he's a very good heavyweight and there is no doubting that.

Just because you get beat a time or two doesn't make you a chump or a fraud....the guy has had 52 fights he was bound to have an off night sometime.
    He fought a bunch of tomato cans in front of home crowds in a country where the opponent needs a knockout to get a draw for a promoter who makes Frank Warren look like a relentless risk-taker.

Watch out or journeyman tomato can Corrie Sanders will come out of retirement and knock him out in a round again.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko is a fraud and will be rightly ignored by the media. A guy who got KO'd in effectively a round by a journeyman and then wouldn't get back in the ring with him is a joke, not somebody we can take seriously. If he becomes lineal champ it just means he's the biggest joke in a joke division. In fact "joke division" may be rating the current heavyweight division too highly.
    Who you think is the best heavyweight out there?

El Kabong Guest

...you know people talked shit about Lennox Lewis losing to McCall and Rahman

People talked about Joe Louis losing to Schmelling

There is no need for Wlad to avenge the loss to Sanders until it is a HUGE money making fight and I believe he will and he'll beat the shit out of Sanders.

Corey swung for the fences because he knew he was either going to catch Wlad or Wlad was going to catch him....if Wlad stayed calm and boxed while Sanders was swinging like a wild man then Sanders would have run out of steam and Wlad would have implimented his strategy.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Who you think is the best heavyweight out there?
    I think "best" isn't a word that should be used to describe any of the current bunch. Least worst is probably the best way to put it.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...you know people talked shit about Lennox Lewis losing to McCall and Rahman

People talked about Joe Louis losing to Schmelling

There is no need for Wlad to avenge the loss to Sanders until it is a HUGE money making fight and I believe he will and he'll beat the shit out of Sanders.

Corey swung for the fences because he knew he was either going to catch Wlad or Wlad was going to catch him....if Wlad stayed calm and boxed while Sanders was swinging like a wild man then Sanders would have run out of steam and Wlad would have implimented his strategy.
    Lewis and Louis got back in the ring with guys who had beaten them and beat them.

Klitschko got KO'd in a round and humiliated by the tomato can Sanders and refused to get in the ring with him again.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think "best" isn't a word that should be used to describe any of the current bunch. Least worst is probably the best way to put it.
    So who you think is the least worst?

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    So who you think is the least worst?
    I don't know and I don't care. The last heavyweight fight I saw was Chagaev (?) struggling to beat British removal man and part-time boxer Matt Skelton. Chagaev I think beat the huge guy Valuev (?) who recently beat some other ov. So that means it's either Chagaev or the winner of Saturday's fight. But whoever it is is still rubbish. I just can't see the point in taking the current heavyweights seriously.

El Kabong Guest

Lewis and Louis got back in the ring with guys who had beaten them and beat them.

Klitschko got KO'd in a round and humiliated by the tomato can Sanders and refused to get in the ring with him again.
    ...and Wladimir hasn't "refused to fight Sanders again" where do you get that from?

Their match up just hasn't made sense because Sanders hasn't done anything since then.

Would you like Wlad to fight Ross Purrity and maybe some people he lost to in the amatuers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know and I don't care. The last heavyweight fight I saw was Chagaev (?) struggling to beat British removal man and part-time boxer Matt Skelton. Chagaev I think beat the huge guy Valuev (?) who recently beat some other ov. So that means it's either Chagaev or the winner of Saturday's fight. But whoever it is is still rubbish. I just can't see the point in taking the current heavyweights seriously.
    So if you don't care, don't follow or watch the division why bother posting here? You are not contributing anything that adds to the thread.

Ibragimov seems to always be written off before fights and keeps winning. Obviously he's not fought someone like Klitschko before, but i think he's a more difficult opponent than he gets credit for.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

El Kabong Guest

While I do admit I sell Sultan a tad short but it's only because he's been such a bipolar fighter, he's either on his game or he's not...and his power punches either affect someone or they don't.

It's very hard to judge him based on past fights...I don't know what to think of him.

I do know how Wladimir fights and I do know what he can do and yeah I think he's going to win this fight by KO because he has had 52 fights and won 49 of them 44 by KO....so the odds are in his favor in my opinion

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post
    So if you don't care, don't follow or watch the division why bother posting here? You are not contributing anything that adds to the thread.

Ibragimov seems to always be written off before fights and keeps winning. Obviously he's not fought someone like Klitschko before, but i think he's a more difficult opponent than he gets credit for.
    I'm wondering why some people take the heavyweight division seriously. Let's face it, it's a legitimate question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I do admit I sell Sultan a tad short but it's only because he's been such a bipolar fighter, he's either on his game or he's not...and his power punches either affect someone or they don't.

It's very hard to judge him based on past fights...I don't know what to think of him.

I do know how Wladimir fights and I do know what he can do and yeah I think he's going to win this fight by KO because he has had 52 fights and won 49 of them 44 by KO....so the odds are in his favor in my opinion
    I've only seen highlights of his last two fights so am no expert, it's just that he seems to be a guy who's regularly written of by "experts" and the guys here but he wins. I've just noticed that about Sultan. I would think too that Klitschko should KO him but Sultan seems to be a shifty bugger to fight so you never know.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post
    I've only seen highlights of his last two fights so am no expert, it's just that he seems to be a guy who's regularly written of by "experts" and the guys here but he wins. I've just noticed that about Sultan. I would think too that Klitschko should KO him but Sultan seems to be a shifty bugger to fight so you never know.
    Well Sultan was one of those guys people were hot on as some kind of power punching KO artist similar to Mike Tyson and he hasn't lived up to it.

Sultan is good in some fights....Lance Whittaker

But he's EXTREMELY disappointing in other fights: Ray Austin, Shannon Briggs, Evander Holyfield.

And the way I see it, Sultan just isn't good enough at this stage in his career to beat Wladimir without getting REALLY REALLY lucky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Sultan was one of those guys people were hot on as some kind of power punching KO artist similar to Mike Tyson and he hasn't lived up to it.

Sultan is good in some fights....Lance Whittaker

But he's EXTREMELY disappointing in other fights: Ray Austin, Shannon Briggs, Evander Holyfield.

And the way I see it, Sultan just isn't good enough at this stage in his career to beat Wladimir without getting REALLY REALLY lucky
    Yeah ok. That's interesting because my impression of him is as a boxer who likes a points win. You know - i had the misfortune of seeing the Briggs fight. That was woeful.

Thread Information