Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where does that rate in the all time great pac performances??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: where does that rate in the all time great pac performances??

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

I had it 114-112 for marq in the 1st and 114-113 for marq in the 2nd.

The 1st fight in particular grinds my gears still, even with 3 knockdowns you can only ever score a round 10-7 and after that he must of won at least 8 of the remaining 11 rounds!!
    The more I watch the second fight I can't see how people have Marquez winning, it was definitely a close fight, but compubox was BS in that fight, and Marquez didn't clearly win as many rounds as Pcaquaio in that fight. Same with the first fight NO WAY did Marquez win 8 of the 11 rounds. Watch them again. marquez wins the middle rounds in both fights then Pacquaio comes back late.
    I thought Marquez swept the last 2 rounds in there 2nd fight.
    As for the 11th Pacquaio clearly won it, He landed more left straights than Marquez landed straight rights, and Pacquaio landed a few counter right hooks, he controlled the action, he showed better defense to me.
    But Marquez only won 3-4 of the middle rounds while Pacquaio dominated the begining and around the 8th or 9th

I also watched the first fight last night, and people who think Marquez got robbed in either of these fights have no idea what they are talking about. IMO he did not deserve the second fight, and the first fight was a little closer, but he didn't dominate even close to as many rounds as people are making it out to be. Even in having Pacquaio's number Marquez was still not quite Pacman's equal in the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dominating wasn't a good word, a lot of the rounds were competitive, but pacquaio started winning the roungs convincingly for me around 8 or 9 I can't remember I haven't see nthe fight in awhile

ICB Guest

The more I watch the second fight I can't see how people have Marquez winning, it was definitely a close fight, but compubox was BS in that fight, and Marquez didn't clearly win as many rounds as Pcaquaio in that fight. Same with the first fight NO WAY did Marquez win 8 of the 11 rounds. Watch them again. marquez wins the middle rounds in both fights then Pacquaio comes back late.
    As for the 11th Pacquaio clearly won it, He landed more left straights than Marquez landed straight rights, and Pacquaio landed a few counter right hooks, he controlled the action, he showed better defense to me.
    But Marquez only won 3-4 of the middle rounds while Pacquaio dominated the begining and around the 8th or 9th

I also watched the first fight last night, and people who think Marquez got robbed in either of these fights have no idea what they are talking about. IMO he did not deserve the second fight, and the first fight was a little closer, but he didn't dominate even close to as many rounds as people are making it out to be. Even in having Pacquaio's number Marquez was still not quite Pacman's equal in the ring.
    I'll quickly watch the 11th round now.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll quickly watch the 11th round now.
    So I must be right, huh? This is the round (11th) I've been telling you (ICB) to watch again, remember?

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...tml#post498834

Pac clearly won it.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Am asking this more out of curiosity than general knowledge.

Before saturday night however big a fan of manny i was i still had over riding concerns over certain things.

But saturday was an absoloutley flawless performance and i generally now believe that not only is manny now the greatest p4p boxer in the world, but good enough to actually become a world champion at 140 which is quite astonishing considering his original weight he started off at.
    As far as skills set goes it's def. up there.

But the fact that the quality of opposition was not good knocks it down IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll throw in my two cents on the Pacquiao vs Marquez fights.

I've watched the first fight approximately 6 times. I had Pacquiao winning once, Marquez winning once, and the rest of the time a draw. The second fight, I still score the same after having seen it three times, I have Pac winning by one point. The fact of the matter was, it was such an evenly fought match. Marquez had clearly won some rounds, also Pacquiao as well, but there were a couple of rounds that EASILY could've gone either way.

In regards to the Diaz fight in his all-time performances, the ones that stick out in my mind

Equally great performances between:
    -Pacquiao vs Ledwaba: Having only trained for two weeks prior to the fight and COMPLETELY BATTERED a world champion sure was a thing of beauty. Also was his first HBO fight. With those things in mind, not exactly a recipe for success but he did somehow pull it off.

Pacquiao vs Diaz:
    Hopefully I remember the specifics of the fight, being that I was BLASTED before the fight started. Manny fought perfectly! He fought well being backed up, came forward, flurried, then got out of there, also countering with ease. Given Diaz isn't exactly all the skilled, I've never seen Manny fight such a calculated, disciplined fight. I'm used to seeing him press the action.

-Pacquiao vs Morales III: He was furious the whole way through and threw punches with incredible speed and power.

By far his best performance:
    -Pacquiao vs Barrera I: He just completely applied the pressure and never let up. A perfect performance for his first big fight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When it comes to knock outs, these two stand out:

The famous standing ktfo!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lykODy0mKl4

And the uppercut from hell!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qRtFcKZ8o6A

But complete performance my personal favorite would be these:

Versus the half filipin half australian Makelin, pac relentlessly broke this guys rib all fight long. IMO pac was at his most aggressive in this fight til Scott Makelins corner threw in the towel.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qMbDoubd9gA&feature=related

The destruction of Ledwaba!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aVhgiLMukIo

Pac in the undercard of lewis tyson, he made quick work of julio.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=HiUGEVTlSyM&feature=related

Versus Mabman, Pac was just too much.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=i_2ooXdcxLQ&feature=related

And Ofcourse ending the third in three!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YT4KeEIfQpA&feature=related

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac best performance will always be the destruction of Jorge Julio. A fighter who had only lost by decision before. And that was to top fights like Johnny Tapia and Junior Jones. Pac crushed him in 2.

Thread Information