Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Hopkins vs. Dawson

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopkins vs. Dawson on HBO PPV Oct 15th (Offical Sat Night chat thread)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Hopkins vs. Dawson on HBO PPV Oct 15th (Offical Sat Night chat thread)

Dawson would have been favourite a couple of years ago, I think Chad should win this, I hope I am wrong and Hopkins wins. We get to watch this free on Box Nation!!!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Hopkins vs. Dawson on HBO PPV Oct 15th (Offical Sat Night chat thread)

Why anyone would pick a KO in this fight I dont know, boggles the mind predicting that.

Interesting that the majority of fans on boxing sites favour Hopkins yet the bookies make Dawson a slight favourite.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a bad style match up for hopkins. Dawson knows how to use his range very well. He has a very solid chin, but he has no style really. He comes at you the same way with the same punches.

Dawson will carry the cards and Jim Lampley, and Larry merchant will remind us hte whole fight why we should not pay for primetime boxing.

Funny how they sell us on being sold for every PPV these days.

We should all note that the real loser in this fight, no matter whose hand they raise at the end, would be the boxing fans. They lost them by making this fight "exclusive" to people who can afford it.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post

We should all note that the real loser in this fight, no matter whose hand they raise at the end, would be the boxing fans. They lost them by making this fight "exclusive" to people who can afford it.
    If you don't want to pay for it, just avoid learning what happened and watch it on the free replay *one week later.*

This is a total 50/50 for me -- I guess I'd edge it to Dawson; but like someone said, that would have been an easy pick for me two years ago and is not at all now. Might be an SD.

Clearly no KO either way.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weird thing is that 2 years ago B Hop would have a better chance as he was younger but he seems to be getting better or at least staying the same high level whereas other fighters come and go. B Hop is an amazing man.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a 50/50 fight.

Dawson has the speed, size and skills to cause Hopkins alot of problems and if his mind is right, he is a very tough fighter to beat.

Hopkins has the IQ, dirty tactics and skills himself to take Dawson out of his rhythm and outbox him.

Two of my favourite fighters and i can't pick a winner. May the best man win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Hops should retire after he gets his ass kicked by Dawson. He'd done enough insomnia curing so he should move on.. this fuckin conman.. He aint no throwback fighter like he claims to be..

" Hopkins is not old school. He an old foo "

- James Toney
    Why are quoting that waste of talent ?

If Toney had half the discipline Hopkins had, his career would of been far better.

His opinion on Hopkins is invalid. He's just jealous of X because while Hopkins career continues to be successful, Toney's career is at an all time low.

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Toney would knock Hopkins out even now at a CW of 190.

I think Dawson wins this by decision. Throwing 1000 punches in a bout is more than enough to nullify Hopkins 20 punches a round. Dawson will outhustle the old man.
    A fat ass Toney knocks out Hopkins ? Toney can't even make 190, not without cheating anyway.

Throwing 1000 punches against Hopkins is alot easier said than done, just ask Calzaghe.

Dawson hasn't got the conditioning Joe had either, he has to outbox Hopkins and use his superior speed to win.
    o
    Last edited by Pugilistic; 10-07-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    This is a 50/50 fight.

Dawson has the speed, size and skills to cause Hopkins alot of problems and if his mind is right, he is a very tough fighter to beat.

Hopkins has the IQ, dirty tactics and skills himself to take Dawson out of his rhythm and outbox him.

Two of my favourite fighters and i can't pick a winner. May the best man win.
    I agree.

Like others have said, I think the biggest x-factor in the fight is Dawson's psyche. Hopkins can get in an opponents head like no one else, and that could be the difference in this fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more I think about this fight, the more I believe it could go 1 of two ways, either Chad or Bernard wins a boring SD, or for the 1st time in his Pro Career, Dawson fights like he's got a pair, puts on his best performance ever, and wins a clearcut UD, possibly even stopping Hopkins.

Just sayin' at 46 Hop has to have lost a step, you can't fool father time, if for once in his career, Dawson fights up to his full potential and 3 minutes of every round, it's possible that he could dominate this fight.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-08-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    The more I think about this fight, the more I believe it could go 1 of two ways, Chad or Bernard wins a boring SD or for the 1st time in his Pro Career, Dawson fights like he's got a pair, puts on his best performance ever and wins a clearcut UD, possibly even stopping Hopkins.
    I think hopkins. Dawson lacks the ability to go the extra mile when he is pushed and I garetee that Hopkins will put him in that situation.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    The more I think about this fight, the more I believe it could go 1 of two ways, Chad or Bernard wins a boring SD or for the 1st time in his Pro Career, Dawson fights like he's got a pair, puts on his best performance ever and wins a clearcut UD, possibly even stopping Hopkins.
    I think hopkins. Dawson lacks the ability to go the extra mile when he is pushed and I garetee that Hopkins will put him in that situation.
    Just sayin' Chad has the skill/ability, to win this fight if he puts it all together and doesn't let Hop fight his fight. I question whether Hopkins could go 12 rounds with a focused, younger, stronger guy like Dawson who makes him work hard every round. I do agree with you however, about Chad being willing to go the extra mile, that remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just sayin' Chad has the skill/ability, to win this fight if he puts it all together and doesn't let Hop fight his fight. I question whether Hopkins could go 12 rounds with a focused, younger, stronger guy like Dawson who makes him work hard every round. I do agree with you however, about Chad being willing to go the extra mile, that remains to be seen.
    I may sound like a broken record but I cant see Dawson winning. Hopkins always finds a way to his opponent, irritates them into fighting his fight. The only way I see Dawson winning is if he is on Hopkins presurising him every second, in and out without commiting to power punches coz thats when Bhop counters you. Slow him down by making him work every second of every round. I just dont see Bhop letting him get his own way. I could be wrong but the only fight I have seen Bhop lose is Calzaghe. He won because of his stupid work rate, high punch output and ability to adapt.
    I have not seen Jermain Taylor beat him. How did he win the fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that firing Manny is a clear indicator that Dawson is not prepared to fight any way he has not already become accustomed too, and def not looking to attack a human truth test like Hopkins. If he goes aggresive it's foreign to him and Hopkins is no place to experiment at all...and if he coasts and does as he has he's not going to out Hopkins Hopkins. I've warmed to this match big time!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may sound like a broken record but I cant see Dawson winning. Hopkins always finds a way to his opponent, irritates them into fighting his fight. The only way I see Dawson winning is if he is on Hopkins presurising him every second, in and out without commiting to power punches coz thats when Bhop counters you. Slow him down by making him work every second of every round. I just dont see Bhop letting him get his own way. I could be wrong but the only fight I have seen Bhop lose is Calzaghe. He won because of his stupid work rate, high punch output and ability to adapt.
    I have not seen Jermain Taylor beat him. How did he win the fight.
    Both of Hop's losses to Taylor were somewhat controversial, especially the 2nd one. The pattern in the 2 fights were the same, Taylor busier in many of the earlier rounds, and Hop coming on strong in the later rounds, but falling just short on the judges scorecards. Not a hell of a lot of action in either fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think that firing Manny is a clear indicator that Dawson is not prepared to fight any way he has not already become accustomed too, and def not looking to attack a human truth test like Hopkins. If he goes aggresive it's foreign to him and Hopkins is no place to experiment at all...and if he coasts and does as he has he's not going to out Hopkins Hopkins. I've warmed to this match big time!
    Hopkins will try to get control early, if Chad lets him do that, he's just fucked, and there's just no way Dawson is going to outbox or out-think the old master.
    Chad's best bet is to be the aggressor, pressure Hop and make a war out of it for 12 rounds or however long it lasts.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-08-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Thread Information