Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Romney vs. BO - Tuesday night Election chat thread

I'm going to go NObama 303 Romney 235. I may change that later if this guy changes his mind :

Princeton Election Consortium — A first draft of electoral history

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I'm going to go NObama 303 Romney 235. I may change that later if this guy changes his mind :

Yea kirkland. When I mentioned the 2 aggregate firms most successful in the 08 election, the one other than 538( that is getting so much of the ink), that I was referring to is Dr. Sam Wang. He was the only one to do a better job than Nate in 08. His biggest criticism of the 538 model is it's potential conservatism.

El Kabong Guest

Redskins Rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm going to go ahead and call this election, Romney wins. DOWN GOES BARRY! DOWN GOES BARRY!

It sure will be nice to have an ADULT in the White House again.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha Lyle, anything is possible, that much is sure. Speaking of sure, be sure to tune in with a bottle of your finest tomorrow night and we'll all get sloppy together.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    haha Lyle, anything is possible, that much is sure. Speaking of sure, be sure to tune in with a bottle of your finest tomorrow night and we'll all get sloppy together.
    I'm going to get great enjoyment over watching the people at MSNBC cry and bellyache about what an unfair election this is and how the Republicans cheat and how people just don't understand Barack Obama.

I want Chris Matthews to cry, I want him to be put on suicide watch after Romney wins in a landslide fashion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So after realizing that the pres of USA politically doesn't mean shizz: what candidate got the better style or outfit? Please be honest without being biased.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    So after realizing that the pres of USA politically doesn't mean shizz: what candidate got the better style or outfit? Please be honest without being biased.
    They're politicians and therefore dress in a rather bland manner. Romney has the style disadvantage of being Mormon but old Barry looks out of place in a suit.

El Kabong Guest

Why will Mitt Romney win Romney winning independents 59%-35% | WashingtonExaminer.com

.....if you're winning the Independents by that much, you're going to win and it's not going to be close

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now Lyle, this will be my last (possibly first?) ever attempt to sway your vote. Please, think of the chil, er...puppies.

http://www.facebook.com/DogsAgainstRomney

In their heart of hearts, the puppies know best. Look deep into your heart before you step into the booth. It is all that I ask.

Last edited by Youngblood; 11-06-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Obama will win the election. Blame Sandy, or blame Romney for having all the grab of a pile of dry leafs. Honestly I am totally who gives a shate about either. Obama is a late night infomercial front man who you can see right through...I don't know a 'Mitt'. Though I do get the impression that he is ten times brighter than his vp running mate. This whole particular campaign and process feels like a short cut for some reason. Romney is a walking contradiction but, he is 'new'. Should he win I wouldn't mind frankly but I think he'll be an empty suit and won't be able to garner support from the hard right and certainly not the left to make strides and needed progress.
    Could be @Spicoli, but do you really believe the magic mulatto will get the Republicans and others to work with him?
    What's going to be BO's excuse for the economy tanking for the next four years, the deficit doubling or tripling, the unemployment rate going above 10-12 percent, the stock market crashing, and gas prices hitting the $7.00 mark? I guess BO can always blame it on Bush and the Republicans, that and being the 1st "black" is how he got elected the 1st time.
    It's time some of you misguided idiots who voted for BO in 2008 got your heads out of your ass and admit that this smiling clown knows fuck all about leading this country back to prominence and prosperity.
    No, of course not. The last 4 have shown us that. Frankly I think we're tanked either way in the short term and to think an unknown quantity who cannot seem to make up my mind will have instant result for better is pie in the sky. He is new and some take hope from him but I don't know if simply "not being Obama" is enough. I think the American public in general is so fed the fuck up with what has become the human condition and seeing BOTH of these clowns play us for sucker newlyweds shopping for the first family car that the frustration is palpable. Its a two party system in a country that just wants 'different'. People voted for Obama with the same mindset I think...far from him just 'being black' Come on man. They took an honorable man in McCain who was already in deep and turned him into Driving Miss Daisy to that walking catch phrase and well intended distraction called Palin. Thats my opinion. Also eight yrs of war yells volumes. There are alot of kool aid drinkers who would lick his boot...or glass slipper... no matter what and thats just as shameful as it is unfortunate but there is no answer in a D or an R and its no so much an option as it is an empty delima. Not to me, not now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obama will win the election. Blame Sandy, or blame Romney for having all the grab of a pile of dry leafs. Honestly I am totally who gives a shate about either. Obama is a late night infomercial front man who you can see right through...I don't know a 'Mitt'. Though I do get the impression that he is ten times brighter than his vp running mate. This whole particular campaign and process feels like a short cut for some reason. Romney is a walking contradiction but, he is 'new'. Should he win I wouldn't mind frankly but I think he'll be an empty suit and won't be able to garner support from the hard right and certainly not the left to make strides and needed progress.
    Could be @Spicoli, but do you really believe the magic mulatto will get the Republicans and others to work with him?
    What's going to be BO's excuse for the economy tanking for the next four years, the deficit doubling or tripling, the unemployment rate going above 10-12 percent, the stock market crashing, and gas prices hitting the $7.00 mark? I guess BO can always blame it on Bush and the Republicans, that and being the 1st "black" is how he got elected the 1st time.
    It's time some of you misguided idiots who voted for BO in 2008 got your heads out of your ass and admit that this smiling clown knows fuck all about leading this country back to prominence and prosperity.
    No, of course not. The last 4 have shown us that. Frankly I think we're tanked either way in the short term and to think an unknown quantity who cannot seem to make up my mind will have instant result for better is pie in the sky. He is new and some take hope from him but I don't know if simply "not being Obama" is enough. I think the American public in general is so fed the fuck up with what has become the human condition and seeing BOTH of these clowns play us for sucker newlyweds shopping for the first family car that the frustration is palpable. Its a two party system in a country that just wants 'different'. People voted for Obama with the same mindset I think...far from him just 'being black' Come on man. They took an honorable man in McCain who was already in deep and turned him into Driving Miss Daisy to that walking catch phrase and well intended distraction called Palin. Thats my opinion. Also eight yrs of war yells volumes. There are alot of kool aid drinkers who would lick his boot...or glass slipper... no matter what and thats just as shameful as it is unfortunate but there is no answer in a D or an R and its no so much an option as it is an empty delima. Not to me, not now.
    McCain's timing was horrible, as was his choice of a running mate, that coupled along with the republicans being blamed for the deficit, and economy going to shit, left the door cracked just enough for BO to slip in. Overall i'd say BO has done an amazing job considering that the pretentious little smiling clown hasn't got a clue about WTF he's doing.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And they're off! Everybody get their predictions in as to who is going to win the Mormon-Muslim deathmatch.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

Yea kirkland. When I mentioned the 2 aggregate firms most successful in the 08 election, the one other than 538( that is getting so much of the ink), that I was referring to is Dr. Sam Wang. He was the only one to do a better job than Nate in 08. His biggest criticism of the 538 model is it's potential conservatism.
    He got the 2004 election result exactly right. He was one electoral vote out in 2008. He's currently predicting 312-226 to the Kenyan. I'm going with 303 or 294.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if BO wins, i'll be one of his biggest critics the next 4 for years, as I watch the U.S. spiraling down the proverbial toilet bowl.
    Are you concerned that over the next four years Obama could destroy the economy to the extent that it gets as bad as it was when he took office?

El Kabong Guest

if BO wins, i'll be one of his biggest critics the next 4 for years, as I watch the U.S. spiraling down the proverbial toilet bowl.
    Are you concerned that over the next four years Obama could destroy the economy to the extent that it gets as bad as it was when he took office?
    Pssst hey buddy, unemployment is higher now than when Obama took office......just thought you should know

Thread Information